Apple 2015 September event, iPad pro, Apple TV and iPhone 6S.

AlexGoesHigh

Eh, for $50 it's not really that cheap.

Right now I've deciding between the: 

Spigen Neo Hybrid Carbon ($24) 

Spigen Slim Armor ($18) 

Incipio dual pro ($11) 

Id go with Spigen Slim. Spigen in general is god-tier for their case quality and support. 

Id go with Spigen Slim. Spigen in general is god-tier for their case quality and support. 

I've been using Spigen's Ultra Hybrid on my iPhone 5 for a couple years now and I love it. Will probably get the same one for my 6s.

I've been using Spigen's Ultra Hybrid on my iPhone 5 for a couple years now and I love it. Will probably get the same one for my 6s.

I'm kind of sad, I'd get the Spigen neo hybrid metal right now if I knew it was compatible...but it's one of the few cases that isn't listed for the 6s+ :( 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'm kind of sad, I'd get the Spigen neo hybrid metal right now if I knew it was compatible...but it's one of the few cases that isn't listed for the 6s+ :(

Is it actually made of metal? Wish they had a clear back option.

I like the neo hybrid metal as well. If I knew if it was compatible, I would order it right now. I just wrote a email to the support team and asked if it will fit. Maybe they know if it will fit or not. The metal frame can cause a problem, since it isn't as flexible as a polycarbonate frame

Is it actually made of metal? Wish they had a clear back option.

They do -- well, the for the 6 plus anyway...so they may eventually add one for the 6s Plus: http://www.spigen.com/collections/iphone-6-plus/products/iphone-6-plus-case-neo-hybrid-ex-metal?variant=1156472021

And the neo hybrid metal is the same TPU case with a metal bumper instead of a plastic one. 

I like the neo hybrid metal as well. If I knew if it was compatible, I would order it right now. I just wrote a email to the support team and asked if it will fit. Maybe they know if it will fit or not. The metal frame can cause a problem, since it isn't as flexible as a polycarbonate frame

I emailed them as well, hopefully it will still be compatible. One thing that I like about the non metal over the metal/carbon is that it's about .06" narrower...I'm not sure if that's a meaningful difference, but I feel like it may be something? Either way, if the metal isn't compatible, then I'll probably end up with either the neo hybrid/neo hybrid carbon (although I'm worried about that plastic bumper breaking), or the tech 21 black evo mesh. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Their support team got back to me, and they said the Neo Hybrid Metal will NOT fit the 6s Plus. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Their support team got back to me, and they said the Neo Hybrid Metal will NOT fit the 6s Plus. 

well... 

The Supportteam got back to me as well, and told me the Case will fit  :wacko:

i Think i will just order the Neo Hybrid Metal, and have a look myself if it fits or not.

well... 

i Think i will just order the Neo Hybrid Metal, and have a look myself if it fits or not.

Interesting..... I'll email them a few more times and see what kind of consensus I can get, and/or just risk it and return it to Amazon if it doesn't fit. 

Although, part of me does like the Neo Hybrid (non-metal) due to it being .06" thinner (I'm not really sure if that's enough to make a difference...although I feel like even very minute amounts could make a difference in comfort). But I've also seen reports of the plastic being shitty...so....yeah. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

iPad pro is running iOS. I would have considered buying it had it been running OSX. Foolish, foolish Apple.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

The infection-its being spread. A new iPhone each year......

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Interesting..... I'll email them a few more times and see what kind of consensus I can get, and/or just risk it and return it to Amazon if it doesn't fit.

Although, part of me does like the Neo Hybrid (non-metal) due to it being .06" thinner (I'm not really sure if that's enough to make a difference...although I feel like even very minute amounts could make a difference in comfort). But I've also seen reports of the plastic being shitty...so....yeah.

I like the neo Hybrid as well. Specially for the closed back. I don't really like the cutout on the metal version. But I like the metal frame more.

Maybe the non metal is on sale again and I just order both.

iPad pro is running iOS. I would have considered buying it had it been running OSX. Foolish, foolish Apple.

If it did, it would turn out to be a failure like the Surface. Trying to force a desktop OS into a touch enabled one lends to the quote "a jack of all trades but a master of none".

I would just wait. If Spigen isn't listing the case under the list of 6s cases and emailed back saying it was incompatible, chances are that it is. 

I would just wait. If Spigen isn't listing the case under the list of 6s cases and emailed back saying it was incompatible, chances are that it is. 

Yeah, We'll see what their new response is (the one I sent through their Amazon profile). I really would like a slimmer case though...(but one that still offers decent protection :/

Hmmm...maybe it's time to swap out my 6 year old iPhone 4 for that fancy new one.

That time was four years ago. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

well... 

The support member that I contacted through their Amazon seller's page said it's compatible (and that they accept returns of opened items). So I'll ask once more and then buy it in a week or two if they say it will fit (or maybe change my mind entirely and go for something smaller since I really would like the most minimalistic case I can get that still offers some protection).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

If it did, it would turn out to be a failure like the Surface. Trying to force a desktop OS into a touch enabled one lends to the quote "a jack of all trades but a master of none".

Surface pro was no failure. iOS is terrible for bigger screens. The OS barely even properly utilizes the screens of the current iPads.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Surface pro was no failure. iOS is terrible for bigger screens. The OS barely even properly utilizes the screens of the current iPads.

Except real work is done in apps, not looking at icons. And surface wasn't a failure? Not according to Microsoft's own numbers

Except real work is done in apps, not looking at icons. And surface wasn't a failure? Not according to Microsoft's own numbers

Windowed apps, file system, external storage, and mouse support come to mind (what ios devices lack). I do not know of the numbers, true, but Tomb Raider was considered a failure as well despite the great reviews and user opinions. The same can be said about the Surface series.

Windowed apps, file system, external storage, and mouse support come to mind (what ios devices lack). I do not know of the numbers, true, but Tomb Raider was considered a failure as well despite the great reviews and user opinions. The same can be said about the Surface series.

I said from Microsoft's own numbers, not the opinions of 3rd party reviewers. And that's what I love about this current debate. Everyone is criticizing the iPad for not including all of said mentioned things but its clear that it's not what Apple is targeting nor is it their vision. People scoffed at Steve Jobs when he introduced the idea of a serious smartphone that didn't include a physical keyboard (compared to blackberry). People literally said the same thing as we are now, "how can anyone seriously communicate, manage emails, and do work with a touch device! It's blasphemy!" and look where we are now post-original iPhone.

Albeit, Blackberry probably still owns a portion of the corporate and business market (some people just like the old way, which is TOTALLY OKAY), Apple introduced a new way of doing things. And that's what they're trying to do now. There will always be people who prefer do work on desktop machines, laptop machines, surface machines or whatever but Apple is trying to say "hey, we thought this could be a viable alternative too and we hope you give it a chance". I don't think Apple is trying to replace desktop machines as a serious place to do work (for heavens sakes they sell 3 desktop machines and a variety of macbooks) but they're simply saying this is another way. Now will this new way be a success? I don't know. You don't know. Nobody knows. We have yet to see how the new iPad integrates with the latest offerings from Microsoft and Adobe and it might very well become a viable way to do work or maybe not. Only time will tell.

I said from Microsoft's own numbers, not the opinions of 3rd party reviewers. And that's what I love about this current debate. Everyone is criticizing the iPad for not including all of said mentioned things but its clear that it's not what Apple is targeting nor is it their vision. People scoffed at Steve Jobs when he introduced the idea of a serious smartphone that didn't include a physical keyboard (compared to blackberry). People literally said the same thing as we are now, "how can anyone seriously communicate, manage emails, and do work with a touch device! It's blasphemy!" and look where we are now post-original iPhone.

Albeit, Blackberry probably still owns a portion of the corporate and business market (some people just like the old way, which is TOTALLY OKAY), Apple introduced a new way of doing things. And that's what they're trying to do now. There will always be people who prefer do work on desktop machines, laptop machines, surface machines or whatever but Apple is trying to say "hey, we thought this could be a viable alternative too and we hope you give it a chance". I don't think Apple is trying to replace desktop machines as a serious place to do work (for heavens sakes they sell 3 desktop machines and a variety of macbooks) but they're simply saying this is another way. Now will this new way be a success? I don't know. You don't know. Nobody knows. We have yet to see how the new iPad integrates with the latest offerings from Microsoft and Adobe and it might very well become a viable way to do work or maybe not. Only time will tell.

Apple is targeting people who want a tablet that can be used for productivity. The Surface line is far better for it due to the simple fact it runs an OS and the hardware that allows desktop programs to be used on it-negating any compatibility issues and lack of features which you see with mobile versions of programs-which are heavily stripped down.

PMSL

Apple is targeting people who want a tablet that can be used for productivity. The Surface line is far better for it due to the simple fact it runs an OS and the hardware that allows desktop programs to be used on it-negating any compatibility issues and lack of features which you see with mobile versions of programs-which are heavily stripped down.

ah see but you're are making this argument under a previous framework. Apple is introducing a new one and is hoping that it breeds productivity and more importantly creativity. Am I saying it's the right way? The better way? I don't know. Nobody knows. I do know that Apple throughout its history has changed the way we interact with technology and this could possibly be a new way.

I originally criticized the original iPad when it first came out calling it a glorified iPhone. I asked, why would you want an iPad if you had an iPhone and if you wanted a bigger screen, why wouldn't you just use a computer instead? I was quickly humbled by both its success and how app developers made something really quite ordinary to something extraordinary. 

ah see but you're are making this argument under a previous framework. Apple is introducing a new one and is hoping that it breeds productivity and more importantly creativity. Am I saying it's the right way? The better way? I don't know. Nobody knows. I do know that Apple throughout its history has changed the way we interact with technology and this could possibly be a new way.

I originally criticized the original iPad when it first came out calling it a glorified iPhone. I asked, why would you want an iPad if you had an iPhone and if you wanted a bigger screen, why wouldn't you just use a computer instead? I was quickly humbled by both its success and how app developers made something really quite ordinary to something extraordinary. 

Fashion accessory-productivity tool. How hard can it be to understand?

PMSL

Also, I'll stop you right there-Apple is just doing the same thing as other manufacturers.

The iPaq came out in 2000. Apple's iPad's name isn't even original. All that's changed apart from the 1 letter is the same thing that has changed in computers: the design and hardware.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPAQ

Apple: Bastard King of copying/making people think that they invent everything.

PMSL