Apple 2015 September event, iPad pro, Apple TV and iPhone 6S.

AlexGoesHigh

XS always looked the same as X, probably for accessories.

/s

Space grey is actually grey this time. 

Im ugprading. Thats it. All I wanted. 

It's just a question of 6s or 6s+. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

they matched it to the newer macbooks and apple watch. I am happy too.

Yawn...

3D touch reminds me of the air view Samsung introduced with the Galaxy S 4. Makes for great demos and commercials but in real life it's not that useful.

Something these slick demos are not showing is that when you press down on the screen to show a preview, your finger is covering part of the screen. You can't see it in the demos since they are recording the screen, but it is really annoying in real life. It's easier to just open the message like normal, view it and then go back.

Edit:

A lot of the things they are demoing doesn't even need pressure sensitivity. For example the "slide between images in the gallery" they just showed. You don't need pressure sensitivity for that. The popup menus when you tap and hold doesn't need pressure sensitivity either.

I am sure there are some good applications for this, but the things they have demoed so far seems like they were kind of desperate to find places to implement it.

Yawn...

3D touch reminds me of the air view Samsung introduced with the Galaxy S 4. Makes for great demos and commercials but in real life it's not that useful.

Something these slick demos are not showing is that when you press down on the screen to show a preview, your finger is covering part of the screen. You can't see it in the demos since they are recording the screen, but it is really annoying in real life. It's easier to just open the message like normal, view it and then go back.

agreed. 

The 3d touch into a random app could be useful though (maybe). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Yawn...

You probably already use "3D Touch". Its just pressure sensitivity.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Space grey is the only one I like, if I could buy a new phone I'd probably be seriously considering this, but this 3D touch stuff is a little too OTT

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

agreed. 

The 3d touch into a random app could be useful though (maybe). 

If its anything like the Apple Watches version, it could be very handy when integrated and Apple might actually enforce there being support (unlike Samsung, who can't enforce anything, and what Samsung and everyone else had WAS NOT the same as this)

Force Touch is a bit beyond just simple pressure sensitivity. IT also doesn't suck, which already makes it amazing. 

@LAwLz

3D touch for app switching looks useful 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

If it still has 1GB of RAM apple.....

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

/s

It's just a question of 6s or 6s+. 

6S+

Small phones don't do it for me because small phones miss out on whats important - battery size. Yea, iOS is bonkers efficient but when I had my 6+ it was a fantastic tank with obscene battery life. More is better, always. 

Okay looks the A9 can kick butt.

Pascal laptops guide

they matched it to the newer macbooks and apple watch. I am happy too.

Yea I guess Apple was just a little afraid of repeating the fiasco of the black iPhone 5 with its spotty black coating that went away really fast. IMHO the 5Ss shade was great and they went way too light for the 6, this is a return to what Space Grey should be. 

6S+

Small phones don't do it for me because small phones miss out on whats important - battery size. Yea, iOS is bonkers efficient but when I had my 6+ it was a fantastic tank with obscene battery life. More is better, always. 

That's not really something that would matter to me, my 5s battery life is enough for me 98% of the time. 

The deciding factors are screen size/one handed use. I mostly use the internet, so I'd like the larger screen, but I also don't want to carry around something which is so big (and possibly awkward to use, especially with one hand). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

apple-iphone-6s-live-_2160.jpg

WELCOME APPLE TO THE MODERN AGE.

JK. MP size ≠ picture quality, but its nice to have a proper jump up to allow for 4K recording. I hope the pixel size is increased with a bigger sensor. Maybe one of those brand spanking new custom Sony sensors? Could be. 

6s still has a camera lense that extends from the back and probably poor battery life so not buying.

144Hz goodness

@LAwLz

3D touch for app switching looks useful 

Crap I missed that part. Gonna have to look it up later.

Oh new camera time.

It's nice to see them go to 12MP. This camera might be really close to the "perfect sensor" I talked about a long time ago. I think I said I wanted a 13MP sensor in that post.

I wonder if Apple added OIS in the non+ model this time.

6s still has a camera lense that extends from the back and probably poor battery life so not buying.

So you wouldn't buy any Android phone either, what with their extending lenses? And we don't know battery life. 

Please, save the statements for when we have actual numbers. 

apple-iphone-6s-live-_2209.jpg

Apple always plays catchup, yet they do it properly. 

4K. For my nonexistent 4K screen and nonexistent 4K shooting skills. 

apple-iphone-6s-live-_2232.jpg

Are they for real right now? Something crappy apps have done for years...lighting up the display. LOL. 

Okay, it probably leverages a lot of control over the colour of each pixel to flash the proper amount, but this is kinda comical. 

Everybody now has "protruding" lenses, including the new rumoured nexus it seems.

Pascal laptops guide

Are they for real right now? Something crappy apps have done for years...lighting up the display. LOL. 

Okay, it probably leverages a lot of control over the colour of each pixel to flash the proper amount, but this is kinda comical. 

It's not really any worse than a flash, I think I'd prefer it than having an actual flash on the front. 

Plus, those programs were always annoying about how they switched the screen, and they didn't allow the screen to get extra bright. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

"live photos" aka videos... 

CPU i7-930 @ 4GHz Mobo Asus P6X58D-E GPU Gigabyte 970 G1 RAM Patriot Division 4 Viper Extreme 8GB HDD Western Digital 1TB SSD Samsung 840 pro 128GB PSU Corsair TX 750w Cooling Corsair H100i Os Win 10 Pro Monitor AOC G2460PG