Apple 2015 September event, iPad pro, Apple TV and iPhone 6S.

AlexGoesHigh

Since they didn't say anything I want to say they didn't.... 

didn't they upgrade the ram from 512mb to 1gb in the iPhone without saying anything? I wanna say the same with the iPad but I feel like they mentioned it that time

snip

OS X had this feature for years, but Apple just took it into next level by actually building a specific chip just to do this (makes the display go 3 times brighter than max and true tone)

and btw actual flash in the front of your phone would make you go blind

iPhone 6S 64gb is $36.58 for 24 months (does this include tax?). That comes out to $878 which is ~$130 more than buying it full price. BUT it includes Apple Care and also accounting for depreciation (roughly $150 loss after 1 year, more in 2 years) it's actually a pretty good deal I'd say.

Yawn...

3D touch reminds me of the air view Samsung introduced with the Galaxy S 4. Makes for great demos and commercials but in real life it's not that useful.

Something these slick demos are not showing is that when you press down on the screen to show a preview, your finger is covering part of the screen. You can't see it in the demos since they are recording the screen, but it is really annoying in real life. It's easier to just open the message like normal, view it and then go back.

Edit:

A lot of the things they are demoing doesn't even need pressure sensitivity. For example the "slide between images in the gallery" they just showed. You don't need pressure sensitivity for that. The popup menus when you tap and hold doesn't need pressure sensitivity either.

I am sure there are some good applications for this, but the things they have demoed so far seems like they were kind of desperate to find places to implement it.

Well one you're talking about Apple here. They wouldn't implement a feature that was so hair minded like air view which only resulted in unintentional inputs. Second if you've used any of the new MacBooks you would know how great force touch is with that kind of vibration feedback and I'd imagine it's the same with the iphone which can only enhance the experience

Fewwwh..Nothing that really excites me with the new iphones except probably the 3D Touch which does look pretty neat. Might go and try one myself at the apple store

Dear Microsoft please make an awesome flagship W10 phone..

didn't they upgrade the ram from 512mb to 1gb in the iPhone without saying anything? I wanna say the same with the iPad but I feel like they mentioned it that time

Well, it doesn't say on the 6s homepage...so that's a good question :unsure:

I'll start a live chat on the extremely off chance they have even the slightest clue. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I was hoping for a C iteration of the iPhone, to replace the iPhone 5C, but it appears that is not happening. A shame really, the 5C wasn't that bad if you got at least the 16GB model.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Well, it doesn't say on the 6s homepage...so that's a good question :unsure:

they've never noted ram on the spec sheets on the site. It's always some third party that comes up with it.

thanks @6God to update your post ill move that to the OP now.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

they've never noted ram on the spec sheets on the site. It's always some third party that comes up with it.

Oh really? 

Well, okay then.... 

I still need help...6s or 6s+ 

Thanks for stopping by to chat with us.

Unfortunately, you appear to be trying to chat

from a country outside of the United States

and we're currently unable to support

international chats.

We'll be happy to help you through an Apple

Online Store within your country.

*sigh* 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Yes

Not the first time Apple does a 180 turn on Steve Jobs' word. They did the same with the iPad Mini

Ehm... We did have pressure sensitive styluses back then, and all his criticisms of them back then are just as relevant as they are today. He didn't say he hated styluses because they inaccurate or didn't have pressure sensitivity or whatever. He just hated the concept of having to use a pen instead of your finger.

If I remember correctly at the time, stylus was a primary input (Windows Mobile?) and I'd prefer finger over that little thing any day. But here Apple's marketing the stylus for artists who need the kind of precision what a stylus offers. 

I wonder if they combat the lower light issues by having some sort of supersampling built in? Off the top of my head, I don't know if Sony has made or still makes a 12MP sensor that Apple would want that exceeds what the 6+ did in low light. 

AS to OIS, yea I am with you. Both versions need OIS. Its just a proper thing to have if you care even a little bit about taking photos. Its what influenced my 6+ purchase, having OIS is just great. 

My guess is that they combat the lower light sensitivity issue by just making the pixels bigger. Apple haven't used the biggest sensors they can.

iPhone 6:

4.8 x 3.6 mm sensor.

3264x2448 resolution.

1.47µm pixel size.

If we assume that the iPhone 6S uses a sensor as big as the IMX220 (used in for example the Xperia Z2) then we get:

iPhone 6S:

6.3 x 4.72 mm sensor.

4000x3000 resolution.

1.58µm pixel size.

Apple doesn't even have to go that big to keep the pixel size the same as their current iPhone.

appe's site is now updated with the new product pages, still no OIS for the smaller phone, same resolution too :( 

I wish the bigger one would just fit in my tiny right hand a bit better...

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I knew this is almost guaranteed to be a waste of my time, but whatever.... 

N3JcsPE.png

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Lol

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

appe's site is now updated with the new product pages, still no OIS for the smaller phone, same resolution too :( 

I wish the bigger one would just fit in my tiny right hand a bit better...

I'm glad they kept the same resolution, extra pixel density beyond 300 Ppi generally has low returns to scale but still eat a lot of performance and battery life.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

My guess is that they combat the lower light sensitivity issue by just making the pixels bigger. Apple haven't used the biggest sensors they can.

iPhone 6:

4.8 x 3.6 mm sensor.

3264x2448 resolution.

1.47µm pixel size.

If we assume that the iPhone 6S uses a sensor as big as the IMX220 (used in for example the Xperia Z2) then we get:

iPhone 6S:

6.3 x 4.72 mm sensor.

4000x3000 resolution.

1.58µm pixel size.

Apple doesn't even have to go that big to keep the pixel size the same as their current iPhone.

It's 1.22 on the pixel size. Says it on Apples website.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

I'm glad they kept the same resolution, extra pixel density beyond 300 Ppi generally has low returns to scale but still eat a lot of performance and battery life.

plus make life harder for devs 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Since they didn't say anything I want to say they didn't....

Well they didn't say anything when they upgraded the RAM in the iPad Air 2 so who knows.

From video and photo samples I have seen OIS doesn't do a huge a difference.

It can make a difference for video and low light photos.

Well one you're talking about Apple here. They wouldn't implement a feature that was so hair minded like air view which only resulted in unintentional inputs. Second if you've used any of the new MacBooks you would know how great force touch is with that kind of vibration feedback and I'd imagine it's the same with the iphone which can only enhance the experience

I was talking about the functionality. You will still end up blocking your screen with your finger when you do a preview, and a lot of the things they showed do not have to rely on pressure sensitivity to work.

I will remain skeptical. I wouldn't be surprised if very few people use it more than a few times to check it out, and the things they end up using could have been implemented without 3D touch (like the sliding through the gallery).

-snip-

HOLY CRAP Apple really pulled out all the stops with this phone.

128GB of RAM? Damn...

It's 1.22 on the pixel size. Says it on Apples website.

Damn... That's a pretty big step backwards.

They should have just made the sensor bigger, but I guess profit margins are more important.

HOLY CRAP Apple really pulled out all the stops with this phone.

128GB of RAM? Damn...

lol, well, anyway, they don't know yet (again, not surprised).

Whatever, fuck it...I'll just get the 6s+, hopefully it's not too big. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

but you want closer to 400 or more if you want better VR experience

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Thats expected.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C