Apple 2015 September event, iPad pro, Apple TV and iPhone 6S.

AlexGoesHigh

but you want closer to 400 or more if you want better VR experience

VR hasn't taken off yet, especially in iOS.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Well they didn't say anything when they upgraded the RAM in the iPad Air 2 so who knows.

It can make a difference for video and low light photos.

I was talking about the functionality. You will still end up blocking your screen with your finger when you do a preview, and a lot of the things they showed do not have to rely on pressure sensitivity to work.

I will remain skeptical. I wouldn't be surprised if very few people use it more than a few times to check it out, and the things they end up using could have been implemented without 3D touch (like the sliding through the gallery).

HOLY CRAP Apple really pulled out all the stops with this phone.

128GB of RAM? Damn...

Damn... That's a pretty big step backwards.

They should have just made the sensor bigger, but I guess profit margins are more important.

I remember when Phonearena did comparison between the 6 and 6+ a year ago they stated that the difference wasn't that huge, but noticeable. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Damn, you gotta pull a loan through Citizen's One in order to go through the iPhone upgrade program.

The camera and Force Touch actually makes me interested in switching.

How is iTunes now? Do you have to use it with an iPhone still or can you be close to independent from it? (When moving files to the phone etc. I know updates have gone independent)

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

How is iTunes now? Do you have to use it with an iPhone still or can you be close to independent from it? (When moving files to the phone etc. I know updates have gone independent)

I don't have an issue with iTunes, although, I never really had an issue with iTunes....so 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well the Iphone 6S tiny mogwai battery even with the "low" resolution screen seems by me the worst thing they did. And that 16Gb base model must be a pain for Iphone users.... So whos camping outside an Apple Store xD?

Groomlake Authority

Well the Iphone 6S tiny mogwai battery even with the "low" resolution screen seems by me the worst thing they did. And that 16Gb base model must be a pain for Iphone users.... So whos camping outside an Apple Store xD?

Actually, with iOS 9 being smaller and App Thinning with it I'm curious to see what part of the 16GB is actually usable now.

Ye ole' train

I don't have an issue with iTunes, although, I never really had an issue with iTunes....so 

have you figured out whether you will be getting the s+ or s?

S+ (with information that we still have)

-larger screen

-higher resolution

-OIS (maybe in the regular 6s now?)

-much better battery life (I heard the 6+ is a beast)

Well I had an iPod Touch from 2009 to end of 2011, then an iPhone through the whole of 2012 (been on Android since), every time I had to open iTunes I hated it. 

Although it have gotten better that I know. 

That price though.

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Actually, with iOS 9 being smaller and App Thinning with it I'm curious to see what part of the 16GB is actually usable now.

Theres 4K video now. Some people are gonna need that 128Gb i believe... not just for status or to say that they have an Iphone and wanna make others jealous because its the highest capicity one of course.

Groomlake Authority

have you figured out whether you will be getting the s+ or s?

S+ (with information that we still have)

-larger screen

-higher resolution

-OIS (maybe in the regular 6s now?)

-much better battery life (I heard the 6+ is a beast)

OIS is only the 6s+ (check the spec page) 

and probably the 6s+. I'll preorder from verizon, and worst case scenario i'll exchange it for the 6s. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I really dislike how Apple refuses to give the iPad Mini equivalent specs to the iPad (non Mini). At the very least they should throw an A8x into the mini 4 instead of a normal A8. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I really dislike how Apple refuses to give the iPad Mini equivalent specs to the iPad Air. 

wut? isn't the mini 4 a mini 3 with the air 2 specs?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

The mini 4 has an A8, not the X version. If it did it would burn a hole trough the back of the iPad and leave you with like 5 hours of battery life. Not that that matters since you have a hole in the back, but still.

Ye ole' train

do people really like to pic of themselves that much these days that companies are marketing it as a bullet point ?

11220835_10153991728376840_5269245831717

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

do people really like to pic of themselves that much...

yes 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

do people really like to pic of themselves that much these days that companies are marketing it as a bullet point ?

snip

Yes, there's a reason selfies sticks are popular enough for them to get banned at major gathering events like music concerts.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Sadly, yes.

I've heard lots of people call the front facing camera a "selfie cam" as well.

Edit: Removed pointless garble

I will probably get a 16GB 6s to replace my old but venerable 4s.

Prices for Australia are here...

iPhone 6s
16GB: $1079
64GB: $1229
128GB: $1379
iPhone 6s Plus
16GB: $1229
64GB: $1379
128GB: $1529

i connected my iPhone 5s like 4 times with the PC i think. 

Not much needed for file transfer, i mostly use Dropbox for small stuff, Music, Pics, E-Mails gets synced via WiFi over iCloud (which works very well between iPhone>PC and iPhone>iPad!). 

I like iTunes. I use it as daily musicplayer. Specially for Apple music, since i got the 3 month free. 

Doesn't freeze like in the old days 

I'll get the 6S 64GB. Got the reservation for preorder from Telekom here in Germany. I hope i don't have to wait too long. 

It's really fun to hate on Apple. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It's much worse already: companies design whole products around it.

It's much worse already: companies design whole products around it.

dafuq , Asus ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker