Apple 2015 September event, iPad pro, Apple TV and iPhone 6S.

AlexGoesHigh

I completely forgot about this event :S 

Does the iphone 6s come in black?

Does the apple TV support 4k?

What is the difference between Ipad pro and the wrest of the ipad line up besides the huge screen?

space gray but its a much darker space gray found in the newer macbooks and apple watch

I cannot understand the 3D Touch android can behave differently between long and short press. and the change in finger size so as to get the pressure since Android 2.0 eclair .. i cannot get its novelty.. but the improved haptic feedback response is a game changing

MKBHD has played around with it and he said he fully expects someone to accidentally bump the pen and snap the connector off.

Doesn't sound very promising.

Like c'mon how many times are you going to carry around the ipad while the pencil's charging. You're just nitpicking now

Also FYI 15 sec of charge apparently gives the pencil 30 min of usage (http://www.apple.com/apple-pencil/)

Also FYI 15 sec of charge apparently gives the pencil 30 min of usage

Where'd you get that info?

Unrelated, they've confirmed that the iPhone 6S's battery has been reduced from 1810mAh to 1715mAh. I get that the phone might be more efficient, but did they really need to reduce battery size when most consumers would rather the extra screen-on-time?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Unrelated, they've confirmed that the iPhone 6S's battery has been reduced from 1810mAh to 1715mAh. I get that the phone might be more efficient, but did they really need to reduce battery size when most consumers would rather the extra screen-on-time?

http://www.apple.com/apple-pencil/

post-39338-0-68082700-1441867860_thumb.p

I guess it because they needed more space for force touch and taptic engine

12 hours only...pass// I was hoping 1 month

Are you saying you will be using it for 12 hours continuously without recharging which will barely take an hour?

What a joke. Sheeple must be drooling over this.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Very unimpressed over all, the only good thing I can take from all of this is the new camera for the iPhone and the Apple TV. Let's hope I'm not going to be too much at the iPad stand :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Like c'mon how many times are you going to carry around the ipad while the pencil's charging. You're just nitpicking now

Also FYI 15 sec of charge apparently gives the pencil 30 min of usage (http://www.apple.com/apple-pencil/)

Please stop being such an apologist. It's an idiotic design and you know it. The pen sticks out a mile from the tablet once you plug it in. It looks moronic (why none of the press images shows it) and it will result in accidents.

In before "you were carrying it wrong" responses to people who snap the connector off and get them stuck in their iPads.

Please stop being such an apologist. It's an idiotic design and you know it. The pen sticks out a mile from the tablet once you plug it in. It looks moronic (why none of the press images shows it) and it will result in accidents.

In before "you were carrying it wrong" responses to people who snap the connector off and get them stuck in their iPads.

Considering it charges quickly though, I don't think people will keep it in for too long. And from what I have seen lighting connectors tend to robust, but are they robust enough not to get yanked out? We will have to see what people end doing to them.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Does it look stupid, yes it does but it's a much better solution that others i could possibly think of. The benefit of this is the sheer convenience. Working on a master piece and the battery ran out? Plug it for a few minutes (or seconds) and you're good to go (And again it'll only look like that for a few seconds which you can count on with your fingers). You don't have to find a wall adapter or carry an extra wire to charge this thing. Second, how would accidents be caused unless you're walking with the iPad in the open with this thing sticking out? You're an idiot if you do that.

This problem is dwarfed when you compare it with the S pen insertion in the Note 5 for which I believe you gave justification for. Haven't it ever occurred it to you that 80% people don't look at the phone when they're reinserting the S Pen back especially when putting it backwards doesn't offer any resistance? End result you'll have a permanent extensions for your phone along with broken functionality. Sweet. The fact that Samsung knew about this makes it even worse

Anyways back to the topic you're kind of being biased here with no real reason. Go nitpick on Apple's fault and justify much much bigger problems the competition has. Call me an apple fan or whatever but you have to give credit where credit is due

Does it look stupid, yes it does but it's a much better solution that others i could possibly think of. The benefit of this is the sheer convenience. Working on a master piece and the battery ran out? Plug it for a few minutes (or seconds) and you're good to go (And again it'll only look like that for a few seconds which you can count on with your fingers). You don't have to find a wall adapter or carry an extra wire to charge this thing. Second, how would accidents be caused unless you're walking with the iPad in the open with this thing sticking out? You're an idiot if you do that.

Yeah, what an idiot that user must be. Who would even think about carrying an iPad around? It's clearly not meant to be a mobile device...

/sarcasm.

This problem is dwarfed when you compare it with the S pen insertion in the Note 5 for which I believe you gave justification for. Haven't it ever occurred it to you that 80% people don't look at the phone when they're reinserting the S Pen back especially when putting it backwards doesn't offer any resistance? End result you'll have a permanent extensions for your phone along with broken functionality. Sweet. The fact that Samsung knew about this makes it even worse

Yeah look at me trying to justify the Note 5's stylus issue:

It shouldn't become a major issue, but the fact that it can happen and that it breaks the detection of the S-pen completely (is it still broken after a factory reset?) is stupid and worrying.

This is one of those things that should have been detected in testing. Seems like an easy thing to fix as well. Just make the top of the pen slightly bigger so it won't fit.

Yep, totally being an apologist and trying to justify it there right?

/sarcasm

But why do you bring up the Note 5? It has nothing to do with this. Stop with the red herring.

Anyways back to the topic you're kind of being biased here with no real reason. Go nitpick on Apple's fault and justify much much bigger problems the competition has. Call me an apple fan or whatever but you have to give credit where credit is due

How the fuck am I being biased? And this is not nitpicking. The stupid pen sticks out a quarter mile from the tablet when plugged in, and it's held in place by a really tiny connector.

It will cause issues... and it will cause issues because it a moronic design. It's like Apple finished designing it and then went "oh crap we forgot how to charge it. Fuck it, let's just put the power connector there."

I think any rational person defending it right now will change their mind once they see how stupid it is.

Yeah, what an idiot that user must be. Who would even think about carrying an iPad around? It's clearly not meant to be a mobile device...

/sarcasm.

*sigh

you didn't get it did you? Who would put the pen for charging and run around the streets with flinging around the iPad and the pen attached. That's like the only scenario where I could see an accident happening. Again I'm reiterating the point that it only takes very few minutes to charge

Yeah look at me trying to justify the Note 5's stylus issue: Yep, totally being an apologist and trying to justify it there right?

/sarcasm

But why do you bring up the Note 5? It has nothing to do with this. Stop with the red herring.

Okay my bad. But I could've sworn seeing someone with your profile picture calling people a moron for inserting it backward

How the fuck am I being biased? And this is not nitpicking. The stupid pen sticks out a quarter mile from the tablet when plugged in, and it's held in place by a really tiny connector.

It will cause issues... and it will cause issues because it a moronic design. It's like Apple finished designing it and then went "oh crap we forgot how to charge it. Fuck it, let's just put the power connector there."

I think any rational person defending it right now will change their mind once they see how stupid it is.

Again you're forgetting the fact that it only needs to stay like that for a few minutes maybe while you go to eat lunch or sleep or whatever. I think the method what they implemented is smart although it looks stupid as its the sheer convenience that matters over a few seconds of looks. Are there going to be problems? obviously there will be handful in millions reporting breaking of the pen (like almost everything) but it would never be a widespread problem

the thing is that they could have fixed the sticking out bit making a wired retractable cord that is 5cm in lenght which shouldn't be hard at all to fit given how long the thing is, besides here's a really terrible photoshop i made to how it would look like plug, it literally screams that it will break the second someone trips on it

UWBrYfY.png

and here's the original photo straight from their promo page

KjSmWjr.png

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

the thing is that they could have fixed the sticking out bit making a wired retractable cord that is 5cm in lenght which shouldn't be hard at all to fit given how long the thing is, besides here's a really terrible photoshop i made to how it would look like plug, it literally screams that it will break the second someone trips on it

<snip>

and here's the original photo straight from their promo page

I get what you're trying to say and I guess a hingable end would've been a better solution but as I said it doesn't really matter if you only have to plug it in few seconds a time

iPad Pro? Running iOS and charging people +$800?

This is pure bullshit

My guess is that they had to reduce the battery life in order to make room for 3D touch/other hardware, and they're too stubborn to make it thicker than .2mm. 

Can we stop using this 'apologists'/fanboys bullshit already. Just because you don't understand something's place doesn't mean it doesn't have one. Is the charging method/battery life/price of the stylus depressing? Sure. Does that mean it's terrible and anyone who can look past that oversight is a fanboy/apologist? No. 

iPad Pro? Running iOS and charging people +$800?

This is pure bullshit

No, this post is pure bullshit. Just because you don't understand it's place in the market doesn't mean it doesn't have one or that it's 'bullshit'.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I really would like to see an App Store added to the Apple TV, that's the one thing I truly think it's missing (it would also be nice if you could use it to replace a cable box -- like Apple would set up deals with Optimum/TWC/other to allow the Apple TV to function as a box (or simply have the cable box run through the Apple TV).

The App Store will be there at launch and Apple is said to be working on their own live broadcast service, that will include all of the major cable channels and your own local TV broadcasts (guessing this will be US only), and it will be announced early 2016.

Can we stop using this 'apologists'/fanboys bullshit already. Just because you don't understand something's place doesn't mean it doesn't have one. Is the charging method/battery life/price of the stylus depressing? Sure. Does that mean it's terrible and anyone who can look past that oversight is a fanboy/apologist? No.

Well I can't think of a better word for someone who suggests "don't carry it around" when a tablet has such a moronic design.

If you got any suggestion then feel free to recommend it.

Just look at the post. There is a difference between overlooking something, and desperately trying to downplay what a retarded design it is. He even went as far as to suggest this MOBILE device should not be carried around.

And I do understand the iPad Pro's place. I understand it perfectly. It's a status symbol for people who don't know better alternatives exist.

Well I can't think of a better word for someone who suggests "don't carry it around" when a tablet has such a moronic design.

If you got any suggestion then feel free to recommend it.

Just look at the post. There is a difference between overlooking something, and desperately trying to downplay what a retarded design it is. He even went as far as to suggest this MOBILE device should not be carried around.

And I do understand the iPad Pro's place. I understand it perfectly. It's a status symbol for people who don't know better alternatives exist.

Who said to not carry it around? (context?) 

Except that's not entirely true. It does have a place. For someone who has other Apple products/apps/other, Continuity could make it worthwhile. Not to mention it seems like it's going to be able to compete with the likes of the Surface Pro 3 in terms of power (although, who really knows what kind of performance it will actually get until it's reviewed, so let's ignore this for now). Something to consider is that not everyone likes having something as complicated as a desktop OS. I personally like having access to the actual file system and being able to manipualte/navigate directories, but not everyone likes that. A lot of people like the simplistic approach that is iOS where everything is managed in the background by the apps you're using. 

For example, I bought a Galaxy Note 8 for the sole purpose of taking notes, so if I was given the option would I swap it 1:1 (at no extra cost) for a Surface 3? The answer isn't as straightforward as you would think. On one hand, hell yes, that's not even a question since I like having access to the file system. But on the other hand, Papyrus is a great tool for taking notes and sorts everything within itself. So if I want to open some notes up, I open up Payprus, choose the notebook I want, and then choose which page of notes I want -- rather than digging through directories to find where the file is actually stored. So, to some people that's a huge plus, to others...not so much. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Who said to not carry it around? (context?)

Second, how would accidents be caused unless you're walking with the iPad in the open with this thing sticking out? You're an idiot if you do that.

For example, I bought a Galaxy Note 8 for the sole purpose of taking notes, so if I was given the option would I swap it 1:1 (at no extra cost) for a Surface 3? The answer isn't as straightforward as you would think. On one hand, hell yes, that's not even a question since I like having access to the file system. But on the other hand, Papyrus is a great tool for taking notes and sorts everything within itself. So if I want to open some notes up, I open up Payprus, choose the notebook I want, and then choose which page of notes I want -- rather than digging through directories to find where the file is actually stored. So, to some people that's a huge plus, to others...not so much.

Not a problem if you keep your files organized.

Want an icon to all your books on the desktop in Windows? Now you can thanks to the wonders of "shortcuts".

The Galaxy Note 8 does have a purpose because it is far cheaper than the Surface Pro 3. With this iPad Pro... I honestly can't think of a single legitimate reason (as in, not "it's Apple!") why anyone would get it.

Do you like using a very limited OS? Great... Then get the regular iPad. It's like half the price.

Not a problem if you keep your files organized.

Want an icon to all your books on the desktop in Windows? Now you can thanks to the wonders of "shortcuts".

The Galaxy Note 8 does have a purpose because it is far cheaper than the Surface Pro 3. With this iPad Pro... I honestly can't think of a single legitimate reason (as in, not "it's Apple!") why anyone would get it.

Do you like using a very limited OS? Great... Then get the regular iPad. It's like half the price.

Someone who likes using iOS more than a desktop OS, but what's/needs the power of a laptop. (Again, it depends what the performance of it actually is).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Someone who likes using iOS more than a desktop OS, but what's/needs the power of a laptop. (Again, it depends what the performance of it actually is).

So what if they update the regular iPad to the same SoC? Would that remove the only reason why someone should get it? If that's the case then they are competing with themselves.

And really now... iOS and OS X are not used for the same things. It's not as simple as "use the one you like" because you just flat out can't do a lot of things on iOS. The things you can do you can also do on the regular iPad (which is about half the price). The things you can't do you NEED to use OS X or Windows (or some other desktop OS) to do.