Windows 10 proven to spy on users, regardless of settings or system tweaks.

iwasaperson

sorry, its not a repost. Its a repost of a repost http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/428727-windows-10-is-a-keylogger/

Not a complete repost.

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Cinebench R15: 636(all cores), 127FPS

*ahem* Creative Cloud *cough* Unity *splutter*

Unity is coming.

Adobe just seems to hate GNU/Linux. No idea why. There are good alts for most of those, though, but they take some getting used to. GIMP, Inkscape, Krita, Kdenlive, Openshot all come to mind,.

No it doesn't. It just says that you don't want to switch to GNU/Linux because of the lack of applications. Nothing about the hosts file blocking things.

Why don't you just dual boot?

It addressed for the average person, this level of paranoia isn't justified while it's normal to be weirded out. The main reason for that level of paranoia implys something illegal -- in that case, you shouldn't be using Windows regardless.

In my ISOs backup folder, I have Windows 7 along with several distros of Linux. Why don't I dual boot? I share my computer with my girlfriend, someone who uses Windows only software frequently enough to be a hassle. Linux doesn't have SAI and WINE lacks pen pressure. On top of this, she also doesn't know much about how Linux works so it's completely impractical to do so. Right now, I do have a few Linux distros in Virtualbox to get the feelof which is better suitable for me in case a source more trusted can confirm.

Unity is coming.

Adobe just seems to hate GNU/Linux. No idea why. There are good alts for most of those, though, but they take some getting used to. GIMP, Inkscape, Krita, Kdenlive, Openshot all come to mind,.

If it takes getting used to (on the fronts of both the OS and the program) then I'm not interested. Sorry, but if I can stick to what I know I will.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

If it takes getting used to (on the fronts of both the OS and the program) then I'm not interested. Sorry, but if I can stick to what I know I will.

Creative cloud works quite well in WINE, you know.

Not to mention Linux support is "under the radar": https://getsatisfaction.com/adobe/topics/produce_creative_suite_for_linux

While the inital reflex may be to block all of the above servers via HOSTS, it turns out this won't work: Microsoft has taken the care to hardcode certain IPs, meaning that there is no DNS lookup and no HOSTS consultation. However, if the above servers are blocked via HOSTS, Windows will pretend to be crippled by continuously throwing errors, while still maintaining data collection in the background. Other than an increase in errors, HOSTS blocking did not affect the volume, frequency, or rate of data being transmitted.

To me, that says everything about windows 10 that needs to be said. They've outright programmed it to pretend like they aren't spying on you even when they are.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Excuse me for the Gawker link, but remember that OS X is doing much of the same shit too. You're truly only "safe" with Linux, and even then that's questionable as some distros (like Ubuntu) don't have great privacy track records.

Took forever to install it on one of my computers, so it's there to stay, spy away.

Now there is a thought... 

"Hold on mom, I only have 85 more servers to block"

But think about DX12 :) 

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Thank you! I totally agree with that 100%

It's not that you "agree with that", but rather you are passive and not willing to fight for what is right and proper.

There's a word for that.

I love linux but since I'm a gamer a pirate win7 iso who has no connection with any Windows server whatsoever does the trick just fine

It's not that you "agree with that", but rather you are passive and not willing to fight for what is right and proper.

There's a word for that.

Is it sheep?

It totally is, isn't it.

I love linux but since I'm a gamer a pirate win7 iso who has no connection with any Windows server whatsoever does the trick just fine

Many games are coming to GNU/Linux, both AAA and indie. For the games that aren't, dual boot.

I want to get a monitor with a resolution higher than 1680x1050 first. though I am already running 10...

Well im upgrading to 4k so any improvements will hope. Im planning on someone porting DX12 on win 7 or something like that.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Creative cloud works quite well in WINE, you know.

Not to mention Linux support is "under the radar": https://getsatisfaction.com/adobe/topics/produce_creative_suite_for_linux

Or...I could use what I know works, what I'm familiar with, and what I know won't potentially confuse me.

Yes, I have not looked into using Linux or WINE.

Nor do I intend to. There hasn't been a situation where using anything besides Windows has benefitted me when using a computer, especially given the well over 15 years I have been using computers.

And I don't care if it's "under the radar". If I'm comfortable with what I'm using, I'll keep on using it unless I deem it necessary to change. Simple.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Many games are coming to GNU/Linux, both AAA and indie. For the games that aren't, dual boot.

I wish someone would go ahead and make a decent windows emulator.

Or just....drivers for games for Linux ffs.

What makes me laugh though, is people pretending that Windows or Apple have larger market shares than Linux. They do, but only in the consumer market, which isn't even half of the entire market. Linux dominates all things in enterprise. Why? Because it's 100% configurable to your needs (also because it's cheaper). Windows and Apple are not.

I do have dual boot, but almost everytime i get some soare time to yse the pc i game and.maybe then i browse internet a bit, i always end up using win7 for everything because for being 5 mins in 9gag or here I'm too lazy to reboot the system, plus i don't have an ssd so it takes a bit

There are currently no viable alternatives to Windows for an OS and even if there were, you would still probably be spied on.