Windows 10 proven to spy on users, regardless of settings or system tweaks.

iwasaperson

So you tell people to Google stuff when Google is like the mother of all 'spying'.. LOL

Pretty much lol.

Google has pretty much become the verb for "search online."

Is it possible to blacklist these addresses

Not in Windows, but as someone suggested, if you do it in the router, it may stop some spying. No guarantees though.

The hell you doing acting all high and mighty?

Probably because hes getting sick of people with random bullshit people are pulling out in an attempt to "prove" MS is spying on people.

Its not hard to find a credible source for info (if it exists) but its always these claims that hold as much water as a pasta strainer and its looking more an more like people are just trying to find ANYTHING they can jump on to say ZOMG LOOK M$ IS THE DEVIL.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Question then:

Why doesn't someone just reverse engineer DirectX to work on Linux. I know that's essentially what WINE does (it has it's own DX version), but do it just for the hell of it, and then put in on every torrent site possible?

Basically, why don't people pirate DX12 out for linux. Release it into the wilds of the internet, and then watch as microshit cries because people don't want to be spied on constantly.

Seriously, If I was rich, I would find some anonymous people and pay them large sums of money to do it, and then sit back and laugh as microshit cried in the corner. I'm seriously pissed about this whole windows 10 spying but being the only OS to have DX12 thing.

Why bother when OpenGL is already comparable to Directx 11 and Vulkan is comparable to Directx 12?

It addressed for the average person, this level of paranoia isn't justified while it's normal to be weirded out. The main reason for that level of paranoia implys something illegal -- in that case, you shouldn't be using Windows regardless.

"Hurr if being spied on makes you paranoid you must be a criminal"

why do people keep using this argument? why are people defending this shitty practice of spying on people?

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Probably because hes getting sick of people with random bullshit people are pulling out in an attempt to "prove" MS is spying on people.

Its not hard to find a credible source for info (if it exists) but its always these claims that hold as much water as a pasta strainer and its looking more an more like people are just trying to find ANYTHING they can jump on to say ZOMG LOOK M$ IS THE DEVIL.

And so? That doesn't give anyone a free pass to be like this. Exercise some respect peeps.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

The source is not good enough for you. I provided a source, and I am not going to provide another one. Tough.

Let me tell you something: if you provided that kind of source and made that kind of statement in the academic world, you will be violently kicked out of the building.

Now cut it with these excuses and provide us with a decent source; it is not too much to ask for.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

And so? That doesn't give anyone a free pass to be like this. Exercise some respect peeps.

Respect is earned, not granted. You know better than this.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Respect is earned, not granted. You know better than this.

Heh, surprised to be hearing that from you.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Let me tell you something: if you provided that kind of source and made that kind of statement in the academic world, you will be violently kicked out of the building.

Now cut it with these excuses and provide us with a decent source; it is not too much to ask for.

I don't think you deserve anything because you're being a dick, so no.

if you're really paranoid, you could still block the traffic with the firewall in your router

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

if you're really paranoid, you could still block the traffic with the firewall in your router

That's what many people are saying. I'd recommend just switching to GNU/Linux or *BSD, but if you absolutely must use Windows 10 because you need DX12 or something, then go this route. No idea if it will stop the tracking completely, though.

I don't think you deserve anything because you're being a dick, so no.

Like I told the other person, respect needs to be earned. When you are making such lofty claims without putting anything suitable for evidence, then somebody out there will be bound to bring you down a few notches back to reality. The more hostile you respond, the more forceful they will become.

Ultimately, you were the "dick" of the thread, inciting what is little more than pure fear-mongering.

At this point, I have just given up, and simply accepted that there is no such thing as privacy now. I just make sure I have nothing to hide from anyone, so it doesn't matter who has my data. 

This is quit true. During all the debate in France about the Intel law (which is extremely intrusive), Edward Snowden said that if you have nothing to hide, then keep quiet and destroy the freedom of speech, because you have nothing to say.

The fact is, we don't have that much freedom of speech. Just talk about Israel legitimity, and you'll see. (In france at least).

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

Like I told the other person, respect needs to be earned. When you are making such lofty claims without putting anything suitable for evidence, then somebody out there will be bound to bring you down a few notches back to reality. The more hostile you respond, the more forceful they will become.

Ultimately, you were the "dick" of the thread, inciting what is little more than pure fear-mongering.

Gotta love arguments on the internet.

Well, I don't read Czechoslovakian, but all I see is a list of pingable URL's and some claims.  Is this from the beta version? what is the "proof"?  since when do we take 3rd rate news sites that have more questions about their trustworthiness than comments regarding the facts? 

And the big one, if this is so,  then why do we need a kid in Czech working this out for us, why hasn't norton, mcafee, eset, AVG, kaspersky and anyone of the other ten trillion security analysts out there published the proof?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Gotta love arguments on the internet.

Cool story, but we are still waiting on what you can find for sources.

Cool story, but we are still waiting on what you can find for sources.

Correction, you are. You can't speak for everyone in this thread.

Why don't you show me a source of everyone in this thread saying they want another source from me?

Well, I don't read Czechoslovakian, but all I see is a list of pingable URL's and some claims.  Is this from the beta version? what is the "proof"?  since when do we take 3rd rate news sites that have more questions about their trustworthiness than comments regarding the facts? 

And the big one, if this is so,  then why do we need a kid in Czech working this out for us, why hasn't norton, mcafee, eset, AVG, kaspersky and anyone of the other ten trillion security analysts out there published the proof?

why would they intentionally rat out the the OS their software is made for

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

You guys are dumb if you believe this at face-value without checking the source. From a reddit link of the article:

The source article for this rumor is from a Czech "alternative news" (read: "news we made up to support our ideology") website that mostly posts pro-Russian propaganda and other similar political extremism.

Why exactly they would decide to make an article about Windows 10 all of a sudden is beyond me, but it might have something to do with this other recent headline they've posted (courtesy of Google Translate): "Russian MP calls for ban on distribution of Windows 10 until verifying that this is not about spying".

In any case, the site doesn't exactly make itself look trustworthy or unbiased. Sites like this are a dime a dozen in Europe these days (and I'm sure they exist elsewhere too). They mostly post borderline extremist political content, but also release outrageous articles and other similar clickbaits in an attempt to get them to go viral on social media to get more attention.

This particular website was, according to the Czech Wikipedia page of it, mentioned as a source of "dangerous Russian propaganda" by the Czech national security service. But of course that Wikipedia page might just be counter-propaganda :tinfoil:

You would do wisely to take this article with a grain of salt. Or maybe a pound. It doesn't even substantiate any evidence, just straight up claims stuff while posting some known telemetry URLs to make it look more believable.

TL;DR: Original article is posted on a bullshit "alternative news" hoax site, chances of it being actually legitimate are slim. Until some trustworthy source confirms this, don't believe or spread the rumours as the truth.
Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Correction, you are. You can't speak for everyone in this thread.

Why don't you show me a source of everyone in this thread saying they want another source from me?

He can speak for me. And there are so many more. @AlwaysFSX, @Daring, @RH00D, @jbslayer, @atrash, @mr moose, etc. These are the people who he speaks for. We are the ones who want logic and facts to dominate over these pathetic unsubstantiated claims. And who even cares if no more than us care about these things? It is your responsibility as a poster in the news section to provide reliable sources that give accurate facts to the people who read this forum. Posting from this source that is likely to be false creates unnecessary hate toward Microsoft and its OS, something that is unneeded.

If you don't care about these things, then you have no right to be here.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.