Windows 10 proven to spy on users, regardless of settings or system tweaks.

iwasaperson

So we are raising the middle finger to M$, hatinf W10 because a sketchy source said they spy?

Wow.

Lets wait for more sources to talk about this.

How many more do you need? That's basically been the only story about windows 10 since it officially released.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I am legitimately getting fed up with this.

Let me make one point abundantly clear; you are blindly accepting the "windows 10 is evil" narrative from what is little more than a random derp on the Internet. The source is by itself very questionable, but you somehow were able to brush that aside for the sake of grabbing your torches and pitchforks.

Absolutely pathetic!

I should perhaps break the news that with all of the controversy headlines against Windows 10, not one of them was legitimate, let alone significant.

But on the other hand, I do have to thank you gentlemen, for providing a clear case demonstration of the concept behind Gerdauf's Law.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

yes you can peobably take microsoft to court and state that it breaches your rights and though you agree with the rest of the EULA you don't agree to risk microsoft collecting  data onyou, That data can be leaked or sold to the highest bidder(A company that you could never agreed terms to) in the possable future causing your private information becoming public

you can try, but you might loose, unless the judge agrees with you, (ect)

if you win you might make microsoft have cease all information collection as said by a court, or you might get you, and only you a special windows 10 copy that wont sent data to microsoft

or you might get a cash payout

Sucks I'm not rich and powerful.  -_-

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

lol - "i plugged in my webcam and win10 transferred 35MB of *something that i don't know* to the cloud." 

therefore, it is obviously a high-res mugshot!

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD

All these guys saying I'm back to Windows 7... LOL they probably do it there as well, and privacy on the interwebs? nah that doesn't exists. You could live a dream saying using Linux and blah blah blah but at the end we are being spied on in everything.  Am I being paranoid? Probably...

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Who ever though of this win10 is spying of us has a giantic tin foil leech sucking on its brain.

Ran cmd to show a list of established connections. See explore.exe is connected to a IP address. That IP belongs to Microsoft's BingBot.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

All these guys saying I'm back to Windows 7... LOL they probably do it there as well, and privacy on the interwebs? nah that doesn't exists. You could live a dream saying using Linux and blah blah blah but at the end we are being spied on in everything.  Am I being paranoid? Probably...

Best to reduce the amount of spying as much as possible.

Let me make one point abundantly clear; you are blindly accepting the "windows 10 is evil" narrative from what is little more than a random derp on the Internet. The source is by itself very questionable, but you somehow were able to brush that aside for the sake of grabbing your torches and pitchforks.

Absolutely pathetic!

I should perhaps break the news that with all of the controversy headlines against Windows 10, not one of them was legitimate, let alone significant.

But on the other hand, I do have to thank you gentlemen, for providing a clear case demonstration of the concept behind Gerdauf's Law.

Do you have any proof that Windows 10 doesn't spy on you? No, you don't.

Windows is, and always has been proprietary software. You cannot trust proprietary software since nobody except for the makers can see what's happening without reverse engineering.

By default, proprietary software will actively attack your freedoms. The only way for the makers to prove that it doesn't is to release the source code. Until Microsoft releases the source code to Windows (which they will never do), you cannot trust it.

Same goes for Apple and any website that uses proprietary Javascript (this one included).

Do you have any proof that Windows 10 doesn't spy on you? No, you don't.

Windows is, and always has been proprietary software. You cannot trust proprietary software since nobody except for the makers can see what's happening without reverse engineering.

By default, proprietary software will actively attack your freedoms. The only way for the makers to prove that it doesn't is to release the source code. Until Microsoft releases the source code to Windows (which they will never do), you cannot trust it.

Same goes for Apple and any website that uses proprietary Javascript (this one included).

From this sweeping generalization, you are telling me that you hate Windows because it does not follow you open source dreams, and trying anything you can to discredit it.

Sorry, I am not biting.

And about the evidence you are asking for, where is your own? You, as the claimant of this case, have the burden of proof. What evidence you have provided so far is insufficient, so try again.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

From this sweeping generalizing, you are telling me that you hate Windows because it does not follow you open source dreams, and trying anything you can to discredit it.

Sorry, I am not biting.

And about the evidence you are asking for, where is your own? You, as the claimant of this case, have the burden of proof. What evidence you have provided so far is insufficient, so try again.

And you are the one trying to refute my claim with no evidence of your own.

And you are the one trying to refute my claim with no evidence of your own.

Are you not getting the hint?

You made the claim, so therefore the burden of proof is on you. I do not have to prove anything, as I did not make the original claim.

then I guess this means win 8.1 is also not safe.   I knew MS was going to pull something like this.  All that free bullshit came at a cost.  I also believe DX12 won't do shit.

Sucks I'm not rich and powerful.  -_-

Lets make our own OS

Windows 10 - Incognito Mode

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

Are you not getting the hint?

You made the claim, so therefore the burden of proof is on you. I do not have to prove anything, as I did not make the original claim.

I provided a source in the OP. I'm sorry you don't think that's enough.

Why don't you run Wireshark (or similar) yourself and see what's happening?

Source is a joke, try again.

Google "Windows 10 spying" then. Get your own sources.

I'm not going to continue to run after people trying to discredit me.

Also you didn't read the second half of my post.

statistical analysis rules in consumer-based societies. As technology advances, the amount of data that can be collected advances too. There might be 0.0001% of the population that actually have a reason to worry about being spied on, but the rest of us are simply not important enough to be worried. Where there's narcissism and a false sense of self importance, paranoia follows.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

statistical analysis rules in consumer-based societies. As technology advances, the amount of data that can be collected advances too. There might be 0.0001% of the population that actually have a reason to worry about being spied on, but the rest of us are simply not important enough to be worried. Where there's narcissism and a false sense of self importance, paranoia follows.

Enjoy your targeted ads and utter lack of privacy then. People don't have to care about what you do to spy on you.

I'll just link you to an excellent TED talk: http://www.ted.com/talks/glenn_greenwald_why_privacy_matters

Do not twist the context to what PR you want.

Right now, you made a claim. The evidence was discarded due to the abysmal lack of concrete information; only some vague hyperboles. As you made the original claim, it is nobody's responsibility except your own to update the OP with a more respectable and reliable source.

When you make an unsound proposition, and quickly deflect the burden to others for questioning it, then do not expect them to take it lying down; they will fight back.

Block it inside your router :D

Well......... never thought of that

That should actually work

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

Do not twist the context to what PR you want.

Right now, you made a claim. The evidence was discarded due to the abysmal lack of concrete information; only some vague hyperboles. As you made the original claim, it is nobody's responsibility except your own to update the OP with a more respectable and reliable source.

When you make an unsound proposition, and quickly deflect the burden to others for questioning it, then do not expect them to take it lying down; they will fight back.

I'm not the one who made the claim. I saw something online that showed that Windows 10 was spying on you and I posted it, using that as a source. The person who made the claim was the source. Go bug him instead. I'm not responding to any more of your posts.

I'm not the one who made the claim. I saw something online that showed that Windows 10 was spying on you and I posted it, using that as a source. The person who made the claim was the source. Go bug him instead. I'm not responding to any more of your posts.

Once again with the deflection.

You have made a position aligning with that of the "source", you have been pushing this down everybody else's throats, therefore you are making a claim.

End of story. Now provide some concrete sources or sit down and be quiet!

You have made a position aligning with that of the "source", you have been pushing this down everybody else's throats, therefore you are making a claim.

The source is not good enough for you. I provided a source, and I am not going to provide another one. Tough.

So you tell people to Google stuff when Google is like the mother of all 'spying'.. LOL

The hell you doing acting all high and mighty?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case