Japan Responds to USA's Mech Robot Duel Challenge

iPhoenix

Megabot USA's Original Video: 

Japan's response:

So Japan has now responded and decided to not only accept, but they've upped the ante.  They want to battle, but they also want the bots to duke it out in melee combat instead of just a paintball duel. 

This should be very interesting and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the major networks like Discovery or NBC gets ahold of the TV rights to air this battle. 

Should make for some interesting spectacle if nothing else now that robots are trending up with the recent revival of battlebots.  

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

"Giant robots are Japanese culture."

HAHA! This is gonna be awesome! :D

BTW, I am all for team Japan! :D

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

They are going to fight in one year, that's alot of time to improve on a design...

I need to see this.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Shit son. I don't know what else to say haha. 

I need to see this!

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I'd say we'd win but I know the Japanese have been perfecting the art of robotics since forever.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well that's... interesting, to say at least.

If this happens, it's a must watch in my book.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Yeah, i love to see this, we all knew it was just a matter of time before they were real, but i didn't know they already existed.

It's nice, time for japan to show what gundam is in real life! :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

btw, should there be a poll whether or not people here would be interested to see the fight, and which side would they be supporting, if any?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

It would be interesting if Japan's robot has a Katana. 

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

I vote this becomes a yearly global event, each country could send a team with their best mech to participate. I'd love to see Russia, China, and basically any first world nation get involved as well. I would watch the hell out of that. Even if you're not into this kind of thing, how many people wouldn't want to watch giant robots duke it out? It's not like its some CGI in a movie, these things are real!

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

lel its too much hype for a paintball fight, if they dont use real weapons on remote piloted robots its not fun.They should use bullets and a shield on bad terrain, the robot that can be piloted the best and adapt to such conditions will probably win,they should have limited ammount of bullets, and then switch to a blade fight when they run out, paintball is lame show for kids but ok, ill watch it ok.

If only we could have a huge war with real guns and sh*t. Would be awesome.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Should be easy revenge for getting smooshed in the Women's Football World Cup final. Also, Nippon has superior steel.

VphCS59.gif

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Half way through the battle will the Japanese mech power up and transform in to a galaxy sized robot

This gonna be good.

I like both the western industrial and eastern elegance style of mechs and robotics so I'm not really rooting for one over the other.

While Japan fully adopted it, and ran with it to the ends of the earth, they weren't the first on the giant robo train, and interestingly even wikipedia misses a bunch of western movies that incorporated "mecha"

But, needless to say I am way more interested in ranged than melee, we've had melee for 20+ years in robot wars and Battle Bots. I want a balls to the wall Mecha-stravaganza.

THIS LOOKS AWESOME! GO TEAM JAPAN!

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15