AMD's Flagship Fiji / Fiji XT GPU w/ HBM will not be in the 300 Series, but rather a Titan-esque card!

BiG StroOnZ

Yes finally, what I have been saying for the past two days has finally come to the surface:

2lx9pud.jpg

Anyone who looks forward to a new generation of graphics cards from AMD will be prepared that there will be very many news. The upcoming Radeon 300 series consists mostly of older chips with a twist, where, for example trimmed versions of today Hawaii is said to be the Radeon R9 390 and 390X . Many therefore puts the jump to the new worst no Fiji.

It looks like AMD puts the plans and do not use the famous graphics processor Fiji for the regular 300 series. Instead, the lavish circuit be the basis for one or more "halo products", that is quite unique creations whose chief purpose is to create attention.

The strategy is similar in broad outline Nvidia up with Geforce GTX Titan. The most powerful graphics processor in a new generation used initially for a very lavish graphics card for enthusiasts, with performance in the monster class and a remarkably high price tag. It is thus not about to sell in large numbers but to create a model that especially strengthens its own brand.

In the case of Fiji, it may also be the only option. The new graphics processor is the first with stacked memories or High Band With Memory, a memory that has not yet produced any significant volumes and probably considerably more expensive than usual GDDR5 memory. The outlook for pinpoint a popular price point and clamp with a big seller may therefore be limited to say the least.

AMD is expected to introduce the Radeon 300 series at the show Computex in early June. Anyone who is curious about Fiji, however, may hold out for another couple of weeks because AMD looks to save super-hot model to play fair E3, which begins in the middle of the same month.

Source: http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/20510-amd-radeon-fiji-blir-haloprodukt-for-lyxlirare-och-entusiaster

Translated Source

So the other day I made a post about Hawaii making a re-entrance into the 300 series (seen here). The interesting part about this article was they included a chart that detailed all the cards that would be available for the 300 series in which many of them were re-brands. The interesting part was, now they had confirmed that Hawaii would make an entrance into the 300 series as a rebrand. With upped core clocks and upped memory clocks. So the question was, where is Fiji/Fiji XT going to go (the card that everyone has been calling the 390X). Because now it appears that the 390X and 390 are actually going to be Hawaii rebrands with increased core clocks and memory clocks (detailed in the other post). They never actually said this but they put a question mark. However, they did detail as we have seen a couple of weeks ago that the 380 is supposedly a Tonga rebrand, which although are OEM cards, still wouldn't make sense for them to alter the consumer versions. Why would they have the OEM cards as Tonga rebrands but the consumer cards as Hawaii rebrands (for the 380 and 380X). So therefore, the only conclusion that has come after this article appeared about Hawaii making a reentry into the 300 series is that; the 390 and 390X will be the Hawaii rebrands. And the Fiji / Fiji XT card we have been hearing about with 4096 stream processors, 8GB HBM memory, WCE (water cooled edition), 8.6 TFLOPS of compute performance will be AMD's version of a Titan! AMD has released a statement saying that they no longer want to be viewed as a cheaper company. Here is a perfect chance for them to conquer that concept. If this Fiji chip delivers on performance, Titan X level of performance (or even better than), they have no other option to release it for anything other than a couple hundred dollars less than the Titan X. So they aren't undercutting themselves, but rather the Titan X. So should this card be segregated from the rest of the 300 series. It would have it's own similar Titan name; like Leviathan, would have Titan X like performance or even possibly better than. Then we also saw that they want to release it around $850, instead of their typical pricing. So this would boost sales because people would be like "I can either get a NVIDIA Titan X for $1000-1200 or I can get an AMD Leviathan for $850-900" Definitely seems like a no brainer decision at that point for people planning to spend that much money anyway. And on top of that it also puts the card in a price bracket that people who cannot afford a Titan could actually afford a Leviathan (or Fiji / Fiji XT). 

it was only a matter of time before amd started to follow the trend of having a "god" card 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I like this since it means that there will be more than 2 new cards :) also really hope its not 1k

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Can't be them, join them. 

But Titans already at the top, so what are they gonna name them after? 

/s 

Zeus

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

So 390x is not a new card then? sometihng completely different? EDIT: silly question <_<

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Zeus

i think Cronas would be a better suited name 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

But AMD perfect company never does anything to make consumers spend more than they have too...

/s

Good news, new tech is always exciting...

Guess those rumors of no 3xx rebrands where false...

Also, could this mean AMD's having issues with their GCN 1.3 with HBM, so they're not releasing it in 300 but later on?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Cronus or Kronos 

i just realised my typo , nice catch. 

i was thinking of Cronus , because the back story is relevant in a way :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

Zeus Killed Cronus after he tried to eat him.

Zeus>Cronus

I win :P

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Zeus

What about Gaia/Gaea?

The creator of all that is.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

If they figured out way how to make Hawaii OC as good as Maxwell then I can see why they would want to put it again against 970&980.

What about Gaia/Gaea?

What about Kali?

Mix it up a bit!

Kali_by_Raja_Ravi_Varma.jpg

Hail Sithis!

They better all be compatible with freesync, changed my 280x because I wanted G-sync and it was not anouced to be compatible with freesync.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Zeus Killed Cronus after he tried to eat him.

Zeus>Cronus

I win :P

i was thinking that perhaps the amd card would be a king of the time and destroy all competition and devour nvidias customers , or something like that lol 

Spoiler
Spoiler

/s 

titan destroyer ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

But but but AMD never does anything that wouldn't benefit the consumer. You know what, this is ALL Nvidia'S fault!!

/s

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

But but but AMD never does anything that wouldn't benefit the consumer. You know what, this is ALL Nvidia'S fault!!

/s

I said that first :P.

OT: Curious what the name will be. No religous figures due to people being butt hurt about it being spontaneous.

Guardian series maybe?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

/s 

Didn't Zeus beat the Titans in Greek Mythology? could call it The Zeus.

Zeus

crap /bows

I'm less worried about how awesome the flagship is gonna be and I'm more curious about the rest of the line up.  Is it all rebrands, or are we going to get some new stuff mixed in?

Anyway I expected an $800-1000 TitanX competitor, the only difference is it's not going to be called the 390x.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

are-you-fucking-kidding-me.0.gif

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

What about Gaia/Gaea?

Well, Gaia and Uranus created titans so they can pick between them and I doubt they'll go with Uranus. Then again, it will probably have nothing to do with Greek mythology to differentiate themselves from Nvidia so the only thing they need to do is find some name that sounds powerful like Nvidia did with Titan.