AMD's Flagship Fiji / Fiji XT GPU w/ HBM will not be in the 300 Series, but rather a Titan-esque card!

BiG StroOnZ

Well, Gaia and Uranus created titans so they can pick between them and I doubt they'll go with Uranus. Then again, it will probably have nothing to do with Greek mythology to differentiate themselves from Nvidia so the only thing they need to do is find some name that sounds powerful like Nvidia did with Titan.

Brahma!

They should call it "Fart". If its terrible, what did you expect, you bought a Fart. If its amazing, a Fart beat Nvidia's Titan!

The Titans were overthrown by the Olympians in a ten year war. There were 12 Olympians: ZeusHeraPoseidon, DemeterAthenaApollo, Artemis,  Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Hermes and Hestia. AMD will probably choose one of these, and my guess would be Zeus. 

Considering the Titan X is not a real Titan, perhaps AMD can take a shot at this and produce something with real FP64 performance? I would love to see them pull it off. I also think AMD should hire the guy that does the Linux Kernel names. Titan's might be powerful creatures, but could you imagine the power of a Vindictive Armadillo? 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Cronus or Kronos 

Corona imo

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Essentially, It's going to make Nvidia's

Titanfall_box_art.jpg

the puns are real

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

So 390x is not a new card then? sometihng completely different? EDIT: silly question <_<

Considering whats in the OP I would say it is just a 290x with higher clock speed and memory frequency

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

They should call it "Fart". If its terrible, what did you expect, you bought a Fart. If its amazing, a Fart beat Nvidia's Titan!

The Titans were overthrown by the Olympians in a ten year war. There were 12 Olympians: ZeusHeraPoseidon, DemeterAthenaApollo, Artemis,  Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Hermes and Hestia. AMD will probably choose one of these, and my guess would be Zeus. 

Or they can call the watercooled version "Poseidon", although I'm pretty sure there's a watercooling block named Poseidon already.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

if we are picking names for the new card i vote for "odin" screw boring greek mythology lets go norse and spice it up a bit... plus the odin series has a really nice ring to it...

Im so confused now.

So 390 and 390x are gonma be what ? Rebrands too or are there no 390 and 390x but instead they will be called sething Godlike ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

if we are picking names for the new card i vote for "odin" screw boring greek mythology lets go norse and spice it up a bit... plus the odin series has a really nice ring to it...

Pfft, Norse ain't got nothin' on Egyptian mythology! Call it Ra because it'll be as hot as the sun! (Yes, I know, I know. The "AMDsa is liek so hottt omgj mannn" joke is getting old, but it is AMD's own darn fault. Perception is everything.)

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Onward into the heart of battle

Fought the sons of Odin

Outnumbered many times

Still - they fought on

Blood poured forth from their wounds

Deep into the earth

Vultures waited for the broken shells

That once were bodies

Thus Odin alone would choose the day

They would enter Valhalla

And in their hour of need

He sent forth onto them The Berserker Rage

Now gods embed

They rose up from the ground

Screaming like wild animals

Such is the gift of absolute power

No blade or weapon would hurt them

They killed them and horses alike

And all who stood before them died that day

Hail Gods Of War

AMD Odin flagship GPU powered by Berserker Rage

Im so confused now.

So 390 and 390x are gonma be what ? Rebrands too or are there no 390 and 390x but instead they will be called sething Godlike ?

390X and 390 is a Hawaii Rebrand with higher core clocks and memory clocks (and 8GB of VRAM):

2i2bmvt.jpg

What if the 390X outperforms 2 Titan Xs, but requires a AIO? :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

390X and 390 is a Hawaii Rebrand with higher core clocks and memory clocks (and 8GB of VRAM):

2i2bmvt.jpg

Wow, AMD u suuuuuuuuuuuck ! Rebranding rebrands for lyfe.....

All hype is gone for me personaly :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

lets all just wait  2 weeks from now we should know what they have from computex and all this speculating will be over... cant wait

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

2i2bmvt.jpg

Oh wow. So the 300 series' top tier is going to be a freaking rebrand!? That's a new low.

Apparently Nvidia must be selling lots of TitanX cards. Hell, I get spammed by them every other day with emails telling me I should buy it. Was only a matter of Time before AMD realized they actually have to "Sell" their products. The entire 300 series being rebrands is somewhat depressing though from an enthusiast point of view. from a regular consumer point of view, it means older cards will get supported longer, and not end up like Kepler with Witcher 3.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I like this since it means that there will be more than 2 new cards :) also really hope its not 1k

Wrong. It confirms that there will only be new card, and the entire 300 series will be rebrands.

Wow, AMD u suuuuuuuuuuuck ! Rebranding rebrands for lyfe.....

All hype is gone for me personaly  :)

I don't see why, if they managed to squeeze 10-15% more performance out of Hawaii coupled with higher amounts of VRAM. I don't see how that is a failure, especially when they are going to offer multiple variants of the Titan-esque Fiji card (I'm assuming there is an air-cooled version for $700-750)

Oh wow. So the 300 series' top tier is going to be a freaking rebrand!? That's a new low.

Well the top tier card for them would become their Fiji "Titan-like" card. So that wouldn't be considered a low. And I honestly feel like they are going to offer an Air cooled version of this Titan like card for $700-750. So basically it will be 390X and 390 for $500 and $300 respectively and then Air cooled Fiji Titan Killer card for $700-750 and then WCE of Fiji Titan Killer card for $800-850

2i2bmvt.jpg

As I suspected after this article. Pointless series. This also explains the leaked 390 with a Hawaii PCB. AMD just admitted defeat, sadly. Expect price creeping from Nvidia in the future.