Aio and when to replace

Go to solution Solved by QcKraag,

replaced it finally with Arctic Liquid freezer iii and WOW, max temp  is now under 65... crazy difference

I have been having problems with my computer lately, where in the morning it would be turned off. Last night while I was working on it, it got real laggy and turned off. It would also not turn back on and I suspected a heat issue. When I touched the aio pipes they were burning hot. I waited a few minutes and turned the system back on and everything seemed fine. Checked the windows logs and could not see anything and temps seem fine but 13600k seems to idle at around 56 to 60 degrees celsius. Hiw would I figure if my thermaltake aio is starting to stop fonctionning? Is there a way to test it?

I'm no expert but I'll provide my own experience for reference. I have never noticed my AIO pipes being hot to the touch, my idle temps right now are 30-40C on a Ryzen 5800x, and this AIO is a Corsair H100i v2 that is so old it was designed for Bulldozer.

Is there a log somewhere if it thermal shut downs?

28 minutes ago, QcKraag said:

I have been having problems with my computer lately, where in the morning it would be turned off. Last night while I was working on it, it got real laggy and turned off. It would also not turn back on and I suspected a heat issue. When I touched the aio pipes they were burning hot. I waited a few minutes and turned the system back on and everything seemed fine. Checked the windows logs and could not see anything and temps seem fine but 13600k seems to idle at around 56 to 60 degrees celsius. Hiw would I figure if my thermaltake aio is starting to stop fonctionning? Is there a way to test it?

Not good, water in tube shouldn't reach more than 40C or so, not "burning"

And 60C on an Intel chip at idle isn't normal (even on a Ryzen it isn't !)

Your AIO may be failing

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Change to Aircooling

I'm willing to swim against the current.

1 hour ago, QcKraag said:

Is there a way to test it?

I usually advise spinning up some multicore benchmark (cinebench is pretty good for this) and run it on a loop while watching the CPU temp and pump RPM readouts. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

The th360 has no pump readout

Definitely something wrong, on TTS with an nvidia 3080ti, processor temps in the 90’s

replaced it finally with Arctic Liquid freezer iii and WOW, max temp  is now under 65... crazy difference