AMD's Flagship Fiji / Fiji XT GPU w/ HBM will not be in the 300 Series, but rather a Titan-esque card!

BiG StroOnZ

Wrong. It confirms that there will only be new card, and the entire 300 series will be rebrands.

:( why must you do dis

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Can't be them, join them.

But Titans already at the top, so what are they gonna name them after?

/s

How about Free-Titan? Similar to how Free-Sync isn't actually free.

:( why must you do dis

Look a couple of posts up. It's pretty much 100% confirmed now.

Look a couple of posts up. It's pretty much 100% confirmed now.

I did im sad now :(

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

How about Free-Titan? Similar to how Free-Sync isn't actually free.

how is it not free? sure you have to buy a monitor but you have to do it anyway and its free in the sense that ANYONE can use it

Well the top tier card for them would become their Fiji "Titan-like" card. So that wouldn't be considered a low. And I honestly feel like they are going to offer an Air cooled version of this Titan like card for $700-750. So basically it will be 390X and 390 for $500 and $300 respectively and then Air cooled Fiji Titan Killer card for $700-750 and then WCE of Fiji Titan Killer card for $800-850

Could you imagine the reaction if the Titan X was the only GPU Nvidia released this generation? No, if you're going to brand the cards like this and set the premium at or approaching $1000 and have it separate from the R9 series, then the R9 390X is every bit as top end as the GTX 980 is. And for that top tier card to be a rebrand is terrible.

Could you imagine the reaction if the Titan X was the only GPU Nvidia released this generation? No, if you're going to brand the cards like this and set the premium at or approaching $1000 and have it separate from the R9 series, then the R9 390X is every bit as top end as the GTX 980 is. And for that top tier card to be a rebrand is terrible.

Yes, and NVIDIA has done that before with their original Titan. Then when a refresh time happened, they released cut down versions along side fully unlocked versions to help create new SKUs.

So AMD could easily release their version of their Titan card, then offer cut down versions to fill in the gap. I have a feeling this will be the case. They are trying to not be seen as the cheaper version anymore. By focusing on mid range products they aren't able to do this. By concentrating on cards in the $700-900 range they are able to do this. This is what I feel will happen, and I do not think it will be a bad move. The 290X already competes with the 980. With slight tweaks to memory and core clock it could easily overtake the card in benchmarks. Which means they do not need to touch that tier. They need to focus beyond that tier.

Can't be them, join them. 

But Titans already at the top, so what are they gonna name them after? 

/s 

Gods ...

Or better yet ... name them Human  ;)

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

so that table listing all those 300 series cards is from where?

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Yes, and NVIDIA has done that before with their original Titan. Then when a refresh time happened, they released cut down versions along side fully unlocked versions to help create new SKUs.

So AMD could easily release their version of their Titan card, then offer cut down versions to fill in the gap. I have a feeling this will be the case. They are trying to not be seen as the cheaper version anymore. By focusing on mid range products they aren't able to do this. By concentrating on cards in the $700-900 range they are able to do this. This is what I feel will happen, and I do not think it will be a bad move. The 290X already competes with the 980. With slight tweaks to memory and core clock it could easily overtake the card in benchmarks. Which means they do not need to touch that tier. They need to focus beyond that tier.

The 780 basically was the Titan but with less memory and no DP. That's very different from just re-releasing the 680 with a new name, which is what AMD are essentially doing here.

Well then, seems like I won't be getting a 390X, instead whatever AMD has in store with these Titan competitors. I really do not want a re-branded card, and Nvidia's equivalent (Titan, Titan Black, Titan X, whatever) will almost certainly be $100-$200 more, at least in Aus. 

Kinda disappointing that the 390 and 390X will just be re-brands. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Kinda disappointing that the 390 and 390X will just be re-brands. 

We don't know anything yet this is still a rumor mill. I'm not saying they won't be (because there will be re-brands more than likely) although it hasn't been proven that AMD hasn't done anything with their lineup architecture wise or anything else. It's best to hold off until we get official word in the coming weeks.

We don't know anything yet this is still a rumor mill. I'm not saying they won't be (because there will be re-brands more than likely) although it hasn't been proven that AMD hasn't done anything with their lineup architecture wise or anything else. It's best to hold off until we get official word in the coming weeks.

Well I will just take that table posted before as law for now, don't want to restore my hopes and have them slapped away when AMD officially announces what they are releasing. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

wut 390x is a 290x rebrand what sort of overclock did they put on it?

first 2500mhz gpu?

wut 390x is a 290x rebrand what sort of overclock did they put on it?

first 2500mhz gpu?

I think more than just an AiO would be needed for that. But that would be pretty damn awesome lol. 

Well it is AMD, following a naming convention for more than one generation would make sense and we can fucking have that with this morons and their names can't we?

-------

Current Rig

-------

It can be a bad stigma to have, being known as the "cheap" option that is. Reason being is then people think your product is somehow of lower quality and not because you are trying to compete aggressively with a larger market share competitor (uneducated consumers and all).

I think for the most part though, people don't think Radeon cards are of lower quality. I'd wager the people who think that would match the number of people who think Nvidia cards are of lower quality.

Ahhh, these guys are still going on about "Free"-Sync... *yawn*

It's like those crappy car dealerships that advertise the have "free" detailing when in reality you paid for it in the agreement somewhere and it's some 14 year old hack who doesn't know how to treat car paint the right way.

Wait.... If the 390x is a 290x rebrand.... How is it going to compete with the 980?? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I don't think it'll be an outright rebrand, personally. It may be the same type of refresh that the 285 is, maybe, perhaps, possibly?

Rumor has it AMD will be shipping it with a straight 8GB by default. So AMD could press on the 4k market when it comes to advertising the new lineup. A place where the R9 290X does extremely well competing with the GTX 980. Although the problem will be not many gamers are running 4k displays at this current time and they'll be interested in Fiji instead anyways. The only way I can see AMD making a Hawaii re-brand appealing is dropping it a spot in the tier (e.g R9 290X -> R9 280X) and continue pushing each card down while retaining pricing for the existing cards. Although we know that's not going to happen so we'll have to wait and see in a few weeks what the master plan is to market these cards and if they are straight re-brands.

I don't think it'll be an outright rebrand, personally. It may be the same type of refresh that the 285 is, maybe, perhaps, possibly?

Probably... AMD must have done something to make it compete against the 980  :huh:

They might be aiming at 1440p and above for these cards...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Wait.... If the 390x is a 290x rebrand.... How is it going to compete with the 980?? 

By being half the price with twice the memory, while (at reference 290x clocks) still holding 80-90% of a 980's performance, depending on resolution. If the memory is being bumped up to 6000Mhz, that could mean its better Ram, and might be nicely overclockable.  

It sucks that its a rebrand, but there's not much to worry about competing.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Probably... AMD must have done something to make it compete against the 980  :huh:

They'd have to or it wouldn't get any sales because it's going to carry a premium when it first launches.

I wager they use the same tech they're using in the 285 to increase tessellation performance and add better and more consistent framerates in total.

-snip-

People will do anything to stick up for the company they follow blindly. I find it amusing as well how people can be so naive.

People will do anything to stick up for the company they follow blindly. I find it amusing as well how people can be so naive.

Little do you know I make purchases of Radeon cards (Sapphire specifically) just as much as I have made purchases from Nvidia (specifically Gigabyte and EVGA).