NVIDIA system requirements on The Witcher 3

TwistedDictator

A few days away from the release of The Witcher 3:Wild Hunt. With all the talk on the downgrade on graphics on the console version (Witcher 3 is made for PC). Now NVIDIA’s has released the system requirements have hit the web and you can actually look and see whether your computer is able to handle the burden. Check out the requirements below:

Nvidia Source

second source

Screenshot_2.png

Finally my 980 to some good use lol. The 770 is better then a 960 so maybe the 770 could hit uber. I guess the game is well optimized for the NV users. We all know its not going to run well on AMD cards.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

i like how they call ultra "uber"

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

i7 5960x and 16 GB ddr4.....seems legit. Cool story NVIDIA, cool story.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Don't understand why they use a 5960x...and DDR4.. Use like a 4770k or some shit.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Don't understand why they use a 5960x...and DDR4.. Use like a 4770k or some shit.

Removes all possible bottlenecks leaving it solely to the card's performance. Hard concept, I know.

Never mentioned once in any reviewer's benchmarks either. /s

High settings 1080p with a 960 and its 2GBs of VRAM?

Damn, it seems Witcher 3 god smacked really hard in the graphics department, if that's true.

Bad, bad CDPR.....

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

High settings 1080p with a 960 and its 2GBs of VRAM?

Damn, it seems Witcher 3 god smacked really hard in the graphics department, if that's true.

Bad, bad CDPR.....

Eh.. thats on 1080p .. 2GB is still enough for 1080p. For example I have GTX 770 2GB and I hit 50-70FPS in GTA V with almost everything maxed up and game is saying that I need at least 3.5GB and it runs just fine anywas.

Also thats probably 1080p high with AA off.

You still need 980 to hit everyting max at 1080p which is actualy crazy if you think about it because 980 is 1440p card.

I wonder if the game will crash every 20 minutes if you have an sli configuration. TW2 was unplayable in sli because of the crashing

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

I wonder if the game will crash every 20 minutes if you have an sli configuration. TW2 was unplayable in sli because of the crashing

TW2 was crashing constantly if you had more than 50 saved games. Then the more you had the more often it crashes.

Now I really wonder if the issue was SLI or this. Because I dont run SLI and I had crashes so I had to constantly go to delete saves from folder manualy.

TW2 was crashing constantly if you had more than 50 saved games. Then the more you had the more often it crashes.

Now I really wonder if the issue was SLI or this. Because I dont run SLI and I had crashes so I had to constantly go to delete saves from folder manualy.

My crashes stopped completely after i turned off sli, which is a real shame because now i'm getting just 70 fps instead of 110. Oh and the feeling of having an unused gpu in your system sucks hard

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

My crashes stopped completely after i turned off sli, which is a real shame because now i'm getting just 70 fps instead of 110. Oh and the feeling of having an unused gpu in your system sucks hard

Yea, that would piss me off too. We have SLI and CF for such a long time and still the games struggle to suport it, it is sad.

Eh.. thats on 1080p .. 2GB is still enough for 1080p. For example I have GTX 770 2GB and I hit 50-70FPS in GTA V with almost everything maxed up and game is saying that I need at least 3.5GB and it runs just fine anywas.

Also thats probably 1080p high with AA off.

You still need 980 to hit everyting max at 1080p which is actualy crazy if you think about it because 980 is 1440p card.

Lol my 660ti runs GTA V on high @ 1440p and I get like 40-50 fps most of the time xD (no AA though, obviously :3 )

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Imma go ahead and take my trusty salt block out for this one. you're telling me the company taht sells the 980 wants me to buy another 980 (a $500+ GPU) just to turn gameworks on at 1440p? yah no thanks. 

We'll see what actual benchmarks look like.

Also who the actual hell thinks Gameworks is worth an additional 500+ cost? jesus.

EDIT: oops, they say SLI 970s or a titan x, my bad. My point still stands.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Imma go ahead and take my trusty salt block out for this one. you're telling me the company taht sells the 980 wants me to buy another 980 (a $500+ GPU) just to turn gameworks on at 1440p? yah no thanks. 

We'll see what actual benchmarks look like.

Also who the actual hell thinks Gameworks is worth an additional 500+ cost? jesus.

EDIT: oops, they say SLI 970s or a titan x, my bad. My point still stands.

2 x £260 cards or 1 x £900 card, damn right your point still stands. How can they say uber 1440 needs a Titan X while uber 2160 also needs a Titan X?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Uber settings at 1440p with GTX 980?

Hoping this is at least 60fps. If it is then awesome.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

And here in this thread we see fine specimens who don't understand what this chart means.

It's supposed to be for the best experience, therefore heavy AA more than likely, demanding shadows, etc while maintaining a playable framerate.

But I guess that's a hard concept to grasp.

I'll probably still be able to play it on medium-high settings with my 560.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

i7 5960x and 16 GB ddr4.....seems legit. Cool story NVIDIA, cool story.

They use excess RAM and overkill CPUs to remove every last RAM and CPU bottleneck that could be introduced, so they can gauge the GPU performance better. 

I know, hard concept to understand. Its only been done since the dawn of PC benchmarking. Go ahead, look at nearly never single new game benchmark. You're going to see some combination of overkill X79/X99 setup, because you get better results when you only have a single variable hampering your results (the GPU).

But, fuck logic. Lets try and say "WTF NVIDIA" for no reason. 

That chart is screaming out "buy our new cards!". We need results from Kepler cards before I believe that thing. 

Yep, it'll play on most mid tier GPUs we have today, might have to turn off some (all) of the screen candy, but the game should still work.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That chart is screaming out "buy our new cards!". We need results from Kepler cards before I believe that thing. 

Company wants you to buy their new cards because they (and their partners) get more money if you buy new stuff. More at 11. 

560 lol do you even game bro?

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Yep, it'll play on most mid tier GPUs we have today, might have to turn off some (all) of the screen candy, but the game should still work.

It's not exactly a mid-tier of "today".It's from 2011...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.