NVIDIA system requirements on The Witcher 3

TwistedDictator

560 lol do you even game bro?

I still don't need to upgrade it. It can play all games I throw at it at decent settings (and 60fps)

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That chart is screaming out "buy our new cards!". We need results from Kepler cards before I believe that thing. 

There's some of that: It's pretty stupid that the 960 is recommended for low medium and high, that just tells me "Yeah, don't buy a 760 or 770 just get the new product"

Beyond that however, I find it hard to believe they are intentionally trying to sell 980: the price different is enough that most people wont get it even if they know is needed for 1440p or 1080p

Maybe the game is this demanding, and no let's not bring the other rumor thread here it's just a maybe.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's not exactly a mid-tier of "today".It's from 2011...

I know, I have the 570.   When I said "we have today", I meant cards we currently own as opposed to cards of today's generation. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That chart is screaming out "buy our new cards!". We need results from Kepler cards before I believe that thing. 

Welp, thats why they are including Witcher 3 with their new cards.

Wanna play Witcher? -> buy these cards for best experience! -> Hey! You get free Witcher if you buy our new cards!

Duh. Why are they going to put their old cards on the charts for a new game? I'd do the same thing if it was my company since game reviewers and benchmark enthusiasts are going to use older video cards anyways. You should also take what Nvidia says themselves with a grain of salt anyways.

No one is going to waste time recommending GPU's they don't make anymore.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

They use excess RAM and overkill CPUs to remove every last RAM and CPU bottleneck that could be introduced, so they can gauge the GPU performance better. 

I know, hard concept to understand. Its only been done since the dawn of PC benchmarking. Go ahead, look at nearly never single new game benchmark. You're going to see some combination of overkill X79/X99 setup, because you get better results when you only have a single variable hampering your results (the GPU).

But, fuck logic. Lets try and say "WTF NVIDIA" for no reason. 

/rekt

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I thought I was prepared for this. My new Titan X arrived today. Sadly it was also Dead on Arrival.

Now I need to try and play with an old GTX 580 until the RMA is sorted.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Would PhysX be implemented in the W3? Because if so, I know for a fact that my GTX 650 Ti can provide an enormous boost as a dedicated PhysX card.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Why are people surprised that NVIDIA used a 5960X and DDR4 RAM to gauge GPU performance? Even AMD uses a similar setup to gauge GPU performance with their own cards (they'd probably use their own CPUs for the same purpose, but even they know the FX series is a bottleneck for higher-end GPUs). Removing any potential bottlenecks to gauge GPU performance isn't a new practice or something NVIDIA does exclusively.

Hopefully this is one of the last big games that my super awesome cheapo 7970 bought from a bitcoin miner will not play to its full potential because nvidia. Aka DirectX 12 is near.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Would PhysX be implemented in the W3? Because if so, I know for a fact that my GTX 650 Ti can provide an enormous boost as a dedicated PhysX card.

Answered my own question: https://developer.nvidia.com/content/witcher-3-wild-hunt-physx-and-nvidia-hairworks-shown-gamescom

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Wait what about 144/120?

Because he had a hard drive.

I still don't need to upgrade it. It can play all games I throw at it at decent settings (and 60fps)

I remember having a 560ti. I was dying to have one as at that time they were super good. I know you can play most games at a decent settings but I remember running into issues with a few triple AAA titles. Anyway  I should be greatful, I won my 980ti lol

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

My overclocked 970 will do nicely. With uber and Gameworks on

It really depends on what fps the settings get; but, I'm a little sad that you can get high settings with a GTX 960. It looks like this game won't destroy my 670 as much as I thought. As long as it plays well then I'm happy though.

Feeling pretty good with my 770. I'll be interested to see the different settings and adjust it to my liking.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

This may actually mean The Witcher 3 is better optimized than The Witcher 2.

I've been replaying TW2 in anticipation, and at 4K with 980 SLI on Ultra (No ubersampling obviously) it performs about as well as I remember 1920x1200 performed on my 5850 ran it back when it came out.  60 FPS when running around and fighting, ~40-45 FPS in towns and when in cutscenes.  Intense cutscenes dropping to around 30 FPS.  It's very playable, but considering how low the draw distance is in TW2 compared to TW3 I'm a bit worried.

Still it looks amazing even 4 years later.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/715289226032567422/FCD82EFD7B9E393B51EEEB34BA337626B7E20BEA/

Anyway this goes to show how CDPR kept the game to an optimization budget.  2GB VRAM for 1080p, performs as it should on mid range cards. It's what other devs should strive to do.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Wait what about 144/120?

SLI, no other options.

Sweet, I can run it on Uber with gameworks at 1440p.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

There's some of that: It's pretty stupid that the 960 is recommended for low medium and high, that just tells me "Yeah, don't buy a 760 or 770 just get the new product"

Are you really arguing about stupid shit like this?  Why not demand specifications going back a few generations as well?  960?  Why not a 770, or SLI 650, or Triple SLI 560's, or quad SLI 460s? /s

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Are you really arguing about stupid shit like this?  Why not demand specifications going back a few generations as well?  960?  Why not a 770, or SLI 650, or Triple SLI 560's, or quad SLI 460s? /s

Because the 960 costs 200 bucks and believe it or not a large portion of the market stays on the sub 200 range and would go for a 660 or a 750ti. Also I wasn't really arguing anything I merely made a comment, you can take that and this for what it is or not up to you.

-------

Current Rig

-------

i7 5960x and 16 GB ddr4.....seems legit. Cool story NVIDIA, cool story.

brb, getting ln2, x99 board, ddr4, and a 5960X and taking it to 7GHz.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Wonder what a GTX 770 with 4 Gb and the old trusty I5-2500K will get me playing this. I'd settle for High with 2x AA on or Uber with no AA.