NVIDIA system requirements on The Witcher 3

TwistedDictator

I have a Pentium G3258 OCed to 3.7GHz, a GTX 750Ti 2GB, and 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM. Can I at least play this game at 720p medium (or low) with 30fps? I am really hyped for this game and would be very happy if I could play it.

I have a Pentium G3258 OCed to 3.7GHz, a GTX 750Ti 2GB, and 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM. Can I at least play this game at 720p medium (or low) with 30fps? I am really hyped for this game and would be very happy if I could play it.

True dual cores (without hyperthreading) struggle even with older games such as Crysis 3 and Skyrim (Running Skyrim with ENB on a Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.2GHz with a GTX 650TI OC 2GB wasn't that pleasant, and running Skyrim *Crysis 3 (oops)* with the Core 2 and my GTX 970 was even worse). You should be able to manage low at 30FPS, but if you intend to game buy an i3.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Removes all possible bottlenecks leaving it solely to the card's performance. Hard concept, I know.

Never mentioned once in any reviewer's benchmarks either. /s

I would want to know how it will run with a consumer-grade CPU and GPU.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I would want to know how it will run with a consumer-grade CPU and GPU.

Reviewers will be doing that.

Interesting...

But what to think for such requirements with this http://imgur.com/a/K3uFC ?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Wonder what a GTX 770 with 4 Gb and the old trusty I5-2500K will get me playing this. I'd settle for High with 2x AA on or Uber with no AA.

Tested with a 4770K with 770 and its runs fine.You can just manage uber but high is easy to get.

Interesting...

Firstly dont get cherry picked images, see the whole game yourself. Secondly why do people always moan about somthing? They even said things are going to change.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Dang the game used to look pretty slick I admit. I don't know if I'm going to play it or not since I'm not too keen on the fighting system but it does look ALOT worse in the screenshots. The earlier versions look like a completely different game. I suppose that's what they HAD to do in order for the games to run on PS4 and Xbox because no way they run on that old version smoothly.

I should be fine, I'll be doing my own fps monitoring when I play for the best results.

Interesting...

Wow, they really butchered the game. It still looks ''OK'' even in those recent screenshots, but damn, those youtube vids linked at the bottom show the truth of it. It could've been such an amazing graphically game. It's a shame. 

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-

So are these recommend gpu's stock clocked?

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

So are these recommend gpu's stock clocked?

Yes

Yes

Well if a gtx 980 is recommended for 1080p uber + game woprks, my 1600MHz gtx 970 should be fine

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

This best sums-up my view on the past generation of gamers (and youth in general) compared to today.

I was around to witness the evolution from "fake" rasterized 3D of Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM, to the true 3D render of Quake and its cross-over to the first OpenGL accelerated graphics via so-called MiniGL drivers (partial implementations just so that we could get the games accelerated sooner), all the way to today with programmable shader pipelines.  I has been quite a journey to see the progression of technology used in games today.  It is wonderful to see games use as many DirectX 11 effects as possible.

Though, it is a bit disappointing to read posts for the youth who hasn't experienced this evolution.  It isn't limited to games, however.  Today's youth will complain if they didn't get enough cinnamon topping on their whipped cream on their latte's from Starkbucks.  I suppose this makes me the bitter old man, and I am only in my early 30's.  :P

post-19843-0-06482000-1431802253_thumb.j

This best sums-up my view on the past generation of gamers (and youth in general) compared to today.

I was around to witness the evolution from "fake" rasterized 3D of Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM, to the true 3D render of Quake and its cross-over to the first OpenGL accelerated graphics via so-called MiniGL drivers (partial implementations just so that we could get the games accelerated sooner), all the way to today with programmable shader pipelines. I has been quite a journey to see the progression of technology used in games today. It is wonderful to see games use as many DirectX 11 effects as possible.

Though, it is a bit disappointing to read posts for the youth who hasn't experienced this evolution. It isn't limited to games, however. Today's youth will complain if they didn't get enough cinnamon topping on their whipped cream on their latte's from Starkbucks. I suppose this makes me the bitter old man, and I am only in my early 30's. :P

As a 23 year old, I see what you're saying. But I would still argue that as they showed off the game they gave an expectation with how the game looked. If the game was downgraded, then they aren't getting my money until the game goes on sale for a little less. I don't pay full price for a game like that.

As much as I loved the concept of Watch Dogs, I held my wallet and didn't buy it. I even ended up getting it gifted to me by a friend so not a dime came out of my pocket for it.

As a 23 year old, I see what you're saying. But I would still argue that as they showed off the game they gave an expectation with how the game looked. If the game was downgraded, then they aren't getting my money until the game goes on sale for a little less. I don't pay full price for a game like that.

As much as I loved the concept of Watch Dogs, I held my wallet and didn't buy it. I even ended up getting it gifted to me by a friend so not a dime came out of my pocket for it.

"Oh woe is me.  The hair doesn't even look real enough for a virtual beast."

http://gfycat.com/SevereSmoggyKomododragon

Hehe, I am just teasing, but I sure get the feeling that this is the sentiment to all gamers younger than 24 today.

Company wants you to buy their new cards because they (and their partners) get more money if you buy new stuff. More at 11. 

Well, no crap. I'm just saying the chart could be a total sham. 

I was around to witness the evolution from "fake" rasterized 3D of Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM, to the true 3D render of Quake and its cross-over to the first OpenGL accelerated graphics via so-called MiniGL drivers (partial implementations just so that we could get the games accelerated sooner), all the way to today with programmable shader pipelines.  I has been quite a journey to see the progression of technology used in games today.  It is wonderful to see games use as many DirectX 11 effects as possible.

Though, it is a bit disappointing to read posts for the youth who hasn't experienced this evolution.  It isn't limited to games, however.  Today's youth will complain if they didn't get enough cinnamon topping on their whipped cream on their latte's from Starkbucks.  I suppose this makes me the bitter old man, and I am only in my early 30's.  :P

I'm one of the people who's still quite happy to play a game at 640x480 in 16 bit colour, because at that resolution you can really increase the Hz on a CRT monitor. Then again, I only upgraded from my single Pentium III desktop at the start of last year.

PMSL

Careful with comments like that, there are one or two rather insecure members who feel threatened or inadequate when you point out the advantage of experience that age gives you.   I too am a bitter old man on these forums,  Kids today act like we did when we were their age.  And just like then they don't get it, can't see it and won't accept it until they are in their 30's and saying the same thing to kids at that time.  Thus perpetuating the circle.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Careful with comments like that, there are one or two rather insecure members who feel threatened or inadequate when you point out the advantage of experience that age gives you.   I too am a bitter old man on these forums,  Kids today act like we did when we were their age.  And just like then they don't get it, can't see it and won't accept it until they are in their 30's and saying the same thing to kids at that time.  Thus perpetuating the circle.

Case in point: Luke

(kidding/not-kidding) ;)

If only parents had kept their early computers and gave them to their kids as their first computer, maybe we'd have less whining about graphics going around the forum. *sigh* Its been too long since I had a PC that could read my 5.25" floppies to play Wolfenstein 3D.

PMSL

If only parents had kept their early computers and gave them to their kids as their first computer, maybe we'd have less whining about graphics going around the forum. *sigh* Its been too long since I had a PC that could read my 5.25" floppies to play Wolfenstein 3D.

I still have my commodore 64.  Although I don't know that I can get it working seeing as ants made a nest in it when it was in the shed :(

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I still have my commodore 64.  Although I don't know that I can get it working seeing as ants made a nest in it when it was in the shed :(

It might be possible if the ants haven't tried eating anything. I'm always more worried about battery corrosion after my 286 and 486 boards both got killed by their barrel batteries, though thank god my 386 relied on external battery packs instead of a barrel battery (it was optional at the time, and the 486 wasn't much of a loss as the 386 is socketed and clocked 15MHz faster).

PMSL

Unfortunately, every company has to promote their products. I guess i dont get how a i7 4790K and G Skill 2400 ram for example could bottleneck a GPU

Intel i5-4690K, Asus Z97-A, G.Skill Trident X 2400 Mhz

Asus GTX 970 Strix OC, Corsair RM 850, Corsair H105 AIO Water Cooler

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Case 

Unfortunately, every company has to promote their products. I guess i dont get how a i7 4790K and G Skill 2400 ram for example could bottleneck a GPU

It wont, untill the GTX 9990 is released.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Witcher 3 looked sick in the shots and videos i saw a month or two ago, so thats not the case?

Intel i5-4690K, Asus Z97-A, G.Skill Trident X 2400 Mhz

Asus GTX 970 Strix OC, Corsair RM 850, Corsair H105 AIO Water Cooler

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Case