NVIDIA system requirements on The Witcher 3

TwistedDictator

Welp, thats why they are including Witcher 3 with their new cards.

Wanna play Witcher? -> buy these cards for best experience! -> Hey! You get free Witcher if you buy our new cards!

I bought 2 980s and didnt get free witcher game. =/

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

Unfortunately, every company has to promote their products. I guess i dont get how a i7 4790K and G Skill 2400 ram for example could bottleneck a GPU

I think the 4790k bottlenecks the titan x. I think I remember reading it somewhere.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

Going by this i'm guessing a a single Titan-X should be able to deliver just about 40fps average at 4K maxing out the game at 4K with Uber settings. So a 295x2 should be decently bit faster. That would be very decent optimization at 4K. People with high end SLI / cross-fire rigs should enjoy this.

A bit worried about the 1080p recommended specs.According to what they say you need a 960 for high settings which is ok.

But drop to medium settings and you still need a 960.

Then drop even further down to low settings and you still need a 960.... what?

I was hoping that at 1080p low settings a 750ti would get the job done.

We all know its not going to run well on AMD cards.

No we don't. Project Cars is the only recent game that doesn't run well on AMD cards. The other games which have problems have problems on both Nvidia and AMD (e.g. most of Ubisoft games).

No we don't. Project Cars is the only recent game that doesn't run well on AMD cards. The other games which have problems have problems on both Nvidia and AMD (e.g. most of Ubisoft games).

I believe Dying Light still performs better on Nvidia cards but I'd put that on a combination of TechLand not being a great developer on a technical level and AMD seriously dropping the ball on driver support for the game.

This best sums-up my view on the past generation of gamers (and youth in general) compared to today.

I was around to witness the evolution from "fake" rasterized 3D of Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM, to the true 3D render of Quake and its cross-over to the first OpenGL accelerated graphics via so-called MiniGL drivers (partial implementations just so that we could get the games accelerated sooner), all the way to today with programmable shader pipelines.  I has been quite a journey to see the progression of technology used in games today.  It is wonderful to see games use as many DirectX 11 effects as possible.

Though, it is a bit disappointing to read posts for the youth who hasn't experienced this evolution.  It isn't limited to games, however.  Today's youth will complain if they didn't get enough cinnamon topping on their whipped cream on their latte's from Starkbucks.  I suppose this makes me the bitter old man, and I am only in my early 30's.  :P

You're deluding yourself if you really think that today's youth is really that different . 

I need to go look what Gameworks is, as I've no idea what it is.

Still, I have faith in my 780 to get the job done.

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans

I thought I was prepared for this. My new Titan X arrived today. Sadly it was also Dead on Arrival.

Now I need to try and play with an old GTX 580 until the RMA is sorted.

Did you happen make the front page of r/PCMasterRace Lately?

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Did you happen make the front page of r/PCMasterRace Lately?

I made it to the front page? Ooh la la!

"How to see your joy turn to dispair"

That's me alright. Still waiting to hear back from Scan in regards to my RMA as well. Hopefully tomorrow morning. :)

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I made it to the front page? Ooh la la!

"How to see your joy turn to dispair"

That's me alright. Still waiting to hear back from Scan in regards to my RMA as well. Hopefully tomorrow morning. :)

I feel bad for you :(

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

I feel bad for you :(

I'm the first confirmed case on overclockers.co.uk of a DOA Titan. I'm number 1 for something at least hehe.

The last time I had to RMA a gpu was when BFG were the go to NVIDIA brand :P

I just hope it get sorted quickly, and that the Witcher 3 not only looks great, but is optimized and is good.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I'm going to wreck this game with 980 SLI at 5760x1080 :D

Welp