NVIDIA Pascal officially called PK100 and PK104 w/ HBM2

BiG StroOnZ

In fact, Nvidia’s “Pascal” graphics processing architecture is ought to be impressive and there are many reasons why the chief exec of Nvidia is excited about it. Thanks to major architectural enhancements, the company’s next-gen GPUs will support numerous new features introduced by DirectX 12, Vulkan and OpenCL application programming interfaces. Moreover, having more GPU engineers than any other company in the world, Nvidia will probably add a lot of exclusive capabilities to future GPUs.

The upcoming PK100 and PK104 graphics processing units will not only feature major architectural innovations, but they will also be made using either 14nm or 16nm manufacturing technology with fin-shaped field-effect transistors (FinFETs). “Pascal” GPUs will be the first graphics chips from Nvidia to be made using an all-new process technology since “Kepler” in 2012. Finer fabrication process is something that should permit Nvidia engineers to considerably increase the number of stream processors and other units inside the company’s future GPUs, dramatically increasing their performance.

In addition, next-generation graphics processing units from Nvidia will support second-generation stacked high-bandwidth memory (HBM2). The HBM2 will let Nvidia and its partners build graphics cards with up to 32GB of onboard memory and 820GB/s – 1TB/s bandwidth. Performance of such graphics adapters in ultra-high-definition (UHD) resolutions like 4K (3840*2160, 4096*2160) and 5K (5120*2880) should be extremely high.

For supercomputers, the “Big Pascal” chip will integrate NVLink interconnection tech with 80GB/s or higher bandwidth, which will significantly increase performance of “Pascal”-based Tesla accelerators in high-performance computing (HPC) applications. Moreover, NVLink could bring major improvements to multi-GPU technologies thanks to increased bandwidth for inter-GPU communications.

Graphics and compute cards based on “Pascal” will offer breakthrough performance, but the new architecture will be used not only for gaming and HPC markets. Nvidia will use its “Pascal” technology for a variety of solutions, including those for mobile and automotive applications.

Source: http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/ceo-of-nvidia-cant-wait-to-tell-you-about-future-pascal-products-in-the-pipeline/

This is interesting, PK100 and PK104. Which assuming, PK104 will be the smaller die, while PK100 will be the bigger die. Like GM204 (GTX 980) and GM200 (Titan X). HBM2 is definitely confirmed, with up to 32GB of VRAM? What? With up to 1TB/s bandwidth, I think the current Titan X is only 336.6 GB/s. So that's quite a jump.  Also definitely a huge die shrink going down to 14nm or 16nm. Also of course we know about NVLink but this will just be for supercomputers supposedly. Lastly, it will support DX12 (as expected), Vulkan, and OpenCL. Jen-Hsun Huang said “I cannot wait to tell you all about it, you are just going to have to wait just a little longer.” So that means we should get more details sometime soon, I'm guessing sometime after consumer GM200 launches (980 Ti)

And this surprises people because?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I hope they offer an upgrade program for the 900 series like they have in the past, so long as we see cards from this manufacturing process drop this decade. :-)

It's really exciting to see how fast technology, specifically graphical technology, is evolving! I was raised on Nintendo 64, PlayStation, and then PCs growing up, so I do have some history with graphical evolution, which aids how much it blows me away to see RELEASES like Grand Theft Auto V, Battlefield 3 / 4, etc. Only a mere 10~ years after Gran Turismo 4 was jaw-dropping. (It still looks amazing, for a PS2 game.) I really look forward to what we might get to see in a mere 10 years.

I'm looking forward to HBM, the GPU cores and architectures of late are starting to get stagnant and it would be nice to see something actually driving the market forward instead of AMD failing to keep up and Nvidia sitting on their hands doing sweet fuck all.

PK... why not GP I wonder...

GF = Geforce Fermi

GK = Geforce Kepler

GM = Geforce Maxwell

PK = Pascal (Kepler?)...

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

And AMD is still lagging behind... why can't they keep up with Intel and Nvidia's process shrinks? :(

AMD also has Greenland, which is on 14nm, scheduled for 2016 before pascal. Also, they already have hbm2..

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I have a feeling when the 300 series launches from AMD, they will be winning. But as soon as Pascal comes out we will see AMD fade out and maybe even go brankrupt and disappear forever. Nvidia is so much better setup right now, their architecture is ahead and as soon as they get their hands on the latest process and memory tech their cards are going to make a big leap in performance that we havent seen in years, and will not see again for a while.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

ok..sticking with 960 now for mid range gaming..hahaha

boarding the hype train for now.hahaha

NVidia has stated, that they will focus on TSMC, so you can almost be certain it will be 16nm finfet.

And AMD is still lagging behind... why can't they keep up with Intel and Nvidia's process shrinks? :(

What are you talking about? AMD will be the first GPU manufacturer with HBM in their 390x/490x. Have you been living under a rock? :huh:

We also know that 2016 AMD high end cards will be 14nm finfet, like their ZEN CPU's. If it is certain, that NVidia will use 16nm finfet at TSMC, AMD will be on a slightly lower 14nm node. AMD is not behind anyone. They are ahead ;)

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I have a feeling when the 300 series launches from AMD, they will be winning. But as soon as Pascal comes out we will see AMD fade out and maybe even go brankrupt and disappear forever. Nvidia is so much better setup right now, their architecture is ahead and as soon as they get their hands on the latest process and memory tech their cards are going to make a big leap in performance that we havent seen in years, and will not see again for a while.

because that's what everyone wants... a monopoly. sorry, not going to happen. Nvidia and Intel would start forking over money to AMD before getting nailed with monopoly fines. not to mention, the consumer would be screwed if Intel and Nvidia had no competition.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Nvidia "Please wait for Pascal i swear on me mum its worth it. PLEASE DONT BUY AMD WITH HBM PLEASE WAIT"

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

post-25049-laughing-out-loud-lol-gif-Now

AMD's new cards in 2016 will have a process shrink to 14nm. It has been confirmed. AMD isn't really far behind NVIDIA, they are still very competitive. AMD is failing in terms of their cpus. But Zen will get a process shrink to 14nm, so only time will tell.

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

My 980 will hold me over well until the higher-end Pascal cards are released. This is definitely exciting news. Will be interesting to see what Nvidia decides to name their new cards. Hopefully by then 4K monitors decrease even more in price so I can do an upgrade all at once.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Sweet fucking fuck! This will be awesome, the 390X really has to be shitting on the titan x ive they want to keep it as their flagship as long as the 290X. This is going to slay rendering!

atleast they still got their... APUs... well.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

AMD is not behind anyone. They are ahead ;)

But these aren't out yet... So they're still behind.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Money reasons. AMD is a small company compared to Intel...

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I will say this though. Both Greenland 4/590x) and Pascal, will be very interesting. With HBM, becoming standard, I think we will see graphics cards, shrinking quite a bit in both width and length. Smaller PC's are the future, gone are the days of vulgar 900D cases and shit like that. Small super efficient PC's, maybe with more water cooling, seems to be the future, and I like it.

So super stoked for what both NVidia and AMD can deliver on new nodes.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I will say this though. Both Greenland 4/590x) and Pascal, will be very interesting. With HBM, becoming standard, I think we will see graphics cards, shrinking quite a bit in both width and length. Smaller PC's are the future, gone are the days of vulgar 900D cases and shit like that. Small super efficient PC's, maybe with more water cooling, seems to be the future, and I like it.

So super stoked for what both NVidia and AMD can deliver on new nodes.

2016 is going to be a really marvelous year for GPU's and CPU's.  Hopefully we can see the same in regards to display technology.  OLED's for everyone would be a great way to kick off 2016.

2016 is going to be a really marvelous year for GPU's and CPU's.  Hopefully we can see the same in regards to display technology.  OLED's for everyone would be a great way to kick off 2016.

Hnng 14nm Greenland CPU with 12GB HBM, water cooled, 2GHZ, with a 34" ultra wide curved 3440x1440 OLED with freesync with an interval of 9-240hz. 909ff7c7f6885d8af58d41773950126e19ee878e

But these aren't out yet... So they're still behind.

And pascal / hbm cards for nvidia exist where?

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

So, can we just fast forward to 2016?  Like--is there a place I can go to just speed up time, or nah?

potassium cyanide works pretty well.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

Meh... AMD's already announced all of this stuff and has already done some of it so Pascal news is just meh... like reading the same book twice.

What? Pascal won't come out until next year which is when Artic Islands will be out on 14/16nm FinFET.