Yesterday (26.4.), you could've watched Heroes of the Storm on ESPN

Bouzoo

Tonight on ESPN 2, sports fans across the world were treated not to the NBA playoffs or the burgeoning baseball season, but to live footage of college students playing Heroes of the Storm.

Yep, thanks to a partnership with Blizzard, the flashy MOBA—or Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, a genre that also includes the world’s most popular game, League of Legends—got a solid 2+ hours of air time on national television, complete with a live audience and professional eSports commentators. While Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller called the Rockets/Mavericks game on TNT, Artosis and Day9 called the Heroes of the Storm game on ESPN 2.

Source: http://kotaku.com/espn-airs-video-games-twitter-freaks-out-1700333433?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

I know there was a topic few months ago that it's gonna happen, but now it actually did. And ofc, some people were freaking out. My personal favorite is the 2nd one. 

1226645299519153805.jpg

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

That'll help America's obesity problem just like football is helping our domestic violence problem.

Or at least, that's how people want to see it. Gaming is a sport if Chess can be, considering both involve a higher mental skill and ability.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Lmao "America's obesity".

Another dumb bitch thinking America is the world.

I don't see the problem with worrying about a national problem in this case. It's a US channel, so relevant.

That said for losing weight, exercise is not the best answer.. Reducing calorie intake is. Exercise will obviously increase fitness and reduce chance of heart disease and diabetes but you don't burn significantly more cals when exercising.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

I don't see the problem with worrying about a national problem in this case. It's a US channel, so relevant.

That said for losing weight, exercise is not the best answer.. Reducing calorie intake is. Exercise will obviously increase fitness and reduce chance of heart disease and diabetes but you don't burn significantly more cals when exercising.

'Thought ESPN was in the UK ( don't know anything 'bout all these channels, I ditch television ) my bad.

But still.

I hope Natalie gets Mortal Kombate'd

Her total alpha male jock sports boyfriend probably beats her. I hope he does anyway. 

Natalie's twittertag is NATthinks?

Lel

Wow, more dumb people with freedom of speech, what else is new. I'm sure most of those bashing on eSport don't even practice sport and they babble shit. Some of those people can't comprehend normal sport let alone something new. They really don't know what competition means, like at all, yet they dare to talk trash like that.

Human reproduction should be controlled...

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Fuck you Natalie so tired of people judging us gamers.

That's not judgment, gamer are not athletes, gaming is not a fucking sport.

An athlete can also be a gamer, a gamer can also be a athlete. But you can't be an athlete at gaming.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Please Linus! Add a "Game News" section! This stuff does not belong in "TECH News" but it doesn't belong in "Off Topic," "General Discussion," or "Gaming" either

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Threads like these, you can easily pick out who are immature kids are on this forum...

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

Threads like these, you can easily pick out who are immature kids are on this forum...

So who are the immature kids, the people who say it is a Sport or it isn't a sport? Or the people who flame the twitter comments?

Anyhow, nobody is immature, that's just your perception of the entire thing because it doesn't match up with how you would react.

Video games are not sports. Needless to say i was watching the Rockets and Mavericks game at that time. Not League of Legends. 

I am glad that you've declared this for everyone, just like Roger Ebert declared video games as not art for everyone and for all time.  He stated it, therefore it will stand, even 100, 2000, and 40,000 years from now.

Gaming is a sport if Chess can be, considering both involve a higher mental skill and ability.

> 360noscopegetrekt420

> xXxpussyslayerxXx

Come on you gotta admit that it's a stupid sport nonetheless

But.. to watch these events.. means I have to turn on the T.V. and therefore, use cable.  Blasphemy!  Regardless pretty nice that there's coverage of this developing on cable.  Though, we all knew it'd be a moba.  Next.. it'll be Mario Kart and then we'll have to censor every swear word every 2.5 seconds.  

Video games are not sports. Needless to say i was watching the Rockets and Mavericks game at that time. Not League of Legends.

By that logic chess is not a sport either

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Fuck you Natalie so tired of people judging us gamers.

She has a point, gaming is not a sport. A sport is "an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others"

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

That'll help America's obesity problem just like football is helping our domestic violence problem.

Or at least, that's how people want to see it. Gaming is a sport if Chess can be, considering both involve a higher mental skill and ability.

Chess is also not a sport

> 360noscopegetrekt420

> xXxpussyslayerxXx

Come on you gotta admit that it's a stupid sport nonetheless

Chess isnt. Its a game. NOT a sport. A sport is an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Lmao "America's obesity".

Another dumb bitch thinking America is the world.

It is the richest country and where most of video games are sold, and played. When he talks about america, he means the "west"