Nvidia just posted this on Twitter: This is TITAN X

Jobbe03

Did these guys really just announce the Shield as a "giant announcement" and just quietly unveil the Titan X? Nvidia has their priorities messed up apparently.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Did these guys really just announce the Shield as a "giant announcement" and just quietly unveil the Titan X? Nvidia has their priorities messed up apparently.

Sorta. They have another presentation later that will focus on the Titan X so they didn't want to say too much about it now.

Your speaking in terms of something other than "gaming". My post was focused on gaming performance not scientific computing. And before you say that the Titan is not for "gamers" read the side of the box it specifically says "Inspired by Gamers" on the side which means the card is marketed for the gaming community as well, and if that is the case then my statement is true for the Gaming community and advancements in gaming technologies. I do however agree the card is as you said a "poor mans Quadro or Tesla" but they need to market it as that not as a gaming card then if it is its true intended purpose.

But by them marketing it as a gaming card it means that for the Maxwell generation the Titan will be seen as the pinnacle of performance and you will not see any card in the Maxwell lineup come close to its performance.

And as for the need for 2 gigs or 4 gigs of VRAM I could honestly care less because until I build my computer I am gaming on a Macbook pro with a GTX 750M with 2 gigs of VRAM and I can run heros of the storm, League of Legends, and hearthstone which are the only games I play currently until I finish my pc and I can play at 60+ frames per second at 2560x1800 resolution on medium/high.

Just because Nvidia knows it can sell the card to rich kid gamers and takes advantage of that, they're the bad guy? You people are so petty. Every company takes advantage of human stupidity. AMD did the same thing with the 9370/9590.

Maxwell is a different scenario, because Maxwell does not have 64-bit stream processors. Thus it WILL be the pinnacle gaming card and have the pinnacle RAM configuration. Kepler always had 64-bit stream processors no matter which card you were on. Also, GM 200 will be broken up into multiple cards just as GM 204 was.

What monitor has a 2560x1800 resolution? Does 1280x900 even still exist?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

For the gaming community as a whole mobile/casual gaming is becoming more popular than hard-core gaming so it makes sense especially since the new Shield will bring in a lot more revenue than the new Titan will

Oh yeah lets spend 3k on a titan Z at launch and then more money on a EK waterblock and a loop also.

I would get two titan blacks and water cool both and still save money compared to a titan Z.

Why the 1000 dollar premium?

Same reason AMD's 295x2 had a $500 premium. 290X at that point were about $400 each. $400 + $400 + $80(in watercooling equipment) = $1500?

Nvidia aimed at the equillibrium price for the people demanding that performance tier, and it still sold well.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

That... Looks... AWESOME!!!

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

For the gaming community as a whole mobile/casual gaming is becoming more popular than hard-core gaming so it makes sense especially since the new Shield will bring in a lot more revenue than the new Titan will

Given the price points of the two undoubtedly the cheaper option will sell more. As to where the TITAN X will only appeal to a select market.

Just because Nvidia knows it can sell the card to rich kid gamers and takes advantage of that, they're the bad guy? You people are so petty. Every company takes advantage of human stupidity. AMD did the same thing with the 9370/9590.

Maxwell is a different scenario, because Maxwell does not have 64-bit stream processors. Thus it WILL be the pinnacle gaming card and have the pinnacle RAM configuration. Kepler always had 64-bit stream processors no matter which card you were on. Also, GM 200 will be broken up into multiple cards just as GM 204 was.

What monitor has a 2560x1800 resolution? Does 1280x900 even still exist?

Im not being petty about it I am just pointing out the obvious.

Its not a monitor thats doing 2560x1800 its my late 2013 Retina 15 inch Macbook Pro 

I'm not talking about other cards. I'm talking about 295x2 and Titan Z only. That is why I did not mention other cards. Also talking about today's market price for them.

To discuss the 295X2 and the Titan Z without comparing with the 290X and Titan Black is stupid. Very very very stupid. And not to consider where in their respective lifecycles each card is when discussing value is also very very stupid.

Monster cables (or any other incredibly expensive digital cables), Beats by Dre, most audiophile equipment, apple accessories, diamonds and COUNTLESS other things that sell well would like to have a word with you.

They're not overpriced. Factors which affect demand for a product include perceived quality, quality of substitutes, and price of substitutes (and a couple others less relevant to this discussion). People pay for them. Ergo, they're not overpriced. They just don't have enough quality for YOU to consider them worth it. Demand is a curve of marginal benefit for consumers demanding products. This is why changes in price of the target product move you along a demand curve instead of moving the whole curve. when you perceive there to no longer be a marginal benefit greater than the cost, you stop looking at it. This is just intro microeconomics.

Same reason AMD's 295x2 had a $500 premium. 290X at that point were about $400 each. $400 + $400 + $80(in watercooling equipment) = $1500?

Nvidia aimed at the equillibrium price for the people demanding that performance tier, and it still sold well.

65 C load , water cooling.

The premium came from there.

Im not being petty about it I am just pointing out the obvious.

Its not a monitor thats doing 2560x1800 its my late 2013 Retina 15 inch Macbook Pro 

Huh? the 2013 MBP has higher resolution than the 2014 MBPr? come again?

Interesting , the 395x2 will probably cost less and features 8 thousand stream cores.

It wont look as good though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Nope, because that same equipment can be found for about $80. That premium is obnoxious exactly the same way Nvidia's is, except even worse by percentage.

Oh yeah lets spend 3k on a titan Z at launch and then more money on a EK waterblock and a loop also.

I would get two titan blacks and water cool both and still save money compared to a titan Z.

Why the 1000 dollar premium?

Why did the 295X2 cost the same as three 290Xs? Your argument is no less true of AMD than it is for Nvidia. Stop being such a fanatic.

...£400 for a single rad AIO from fucking Asetek!? And you're saying that this is good value!?

Huh? the 2013 MBP has higher resolution than the 2014 MBPr? come again?

Its the resolution that I have it set to play at on the Windows side of my Mac. Here give me a few minutes and I'll boot up Hearthstone and take a screen shot for you, unfortunately I can not boot up Heros of the Storm or League at my house since my internet sucks so bad. I have to drive 15 miles to Starbucks anytime I want to play either of the two until I move in a few months.

Given the price points of the two undoubtedly the cheaper option will sell more. As to where the TITAN X will only appeal to a select market.

Except the Titan X isn't capable of full DP support (because Maxwell), so it will be in direct competition with the 390X purely on gaming merits. This is why Nvidia is doing Kepler 2.0 for new Quadros and Teslas as a stopgap until Pascal is ready to try and fend off the Knight's Landing Xeon Phi in the HPC world and the Fiji FirePro among professionals. Titan X is purely a gaming card this time around. It will sink or swim on its own gaming merits and price.

Its the resolution that I have it set to play at on the Windows side of my Mac

Hmm, weird... Someone count the pixels to confirm? :P

1399.99? Not interested at all. Let me know when they're 699.99

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Why did the 295X2 cost the same as three 290Xs? Your argument is no less true of AMD than it is for Nvidia. Stop being such a fanatic.

...£400 for a single rad AIO from fucking Asetek!? And you're saying that this is good value!?

No I am saying its simply better value than the titan Z.

Hmm, weird... Someone count the pixels to confirm? :P

Now on the Mac side it limits me to 2560x1600 but on the Windows side it lets me go full tilt at 2560x1800 and there is an obvious difference in the two resolutions when you switch between the two.

1399.99? Not interested at all. Let me know when they're 699.99

It's only a rumor to be fair, but given the enormous 630+mm sq. die, it's possible yields are in the toilet.

Except the Titan X isn't capable of full DP support (because Maxwell), so it will be in direct competition with the 390X purely on gaming merits. This is why Nvidia is doing Kepler 2.0 for new Quadros and Teslas as a stopgap until Pascal is ready to try and fend off the Knight's Landing Xeon Phi in the HPC world and the Fiji FirePro among professionals. Titan X is purely a gaming card this time around. It will sink or swim on its own gaming merits and price.

Who's going to use their Nvidia Shield for compute?  :huh:

Shield = $199

TITAN X = $1400

Not everyone can afford the TITAN X tho the Shield is within reach of many more consumers.

Who's going to use their Nvidia Shield for compute?  :huh:

Can't you fold using your phone these days?