Nvidia just posted this on Twitter: This is TITAN X

Jobbe03

People are already willing to throw down money for a card that isn't meant for 99% of consumers because of entirely viable better value options?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

@patrickjp93 explained this well. Better temps due to water. Put a Z under water, see what ends up on top. 

What you and a lot of "enthusiasts" don't get is you also pay for the brand. Specifically, the Titan brand. There was no reason for the Z to be 3 grand other than hype and epeen measuring. You paid for a name, thats it. All AMD did was take a haircut on their profit margins to undercut the Titan Z. 

but nvidia didnt decide to take the risk so too bad for them

@patrickjp93 explained this well. Better temps due to water. Put a Z under water, see what ends up on top. 

What you and a lot of "enthusiasts" don't get is you also pay for the brand. Specifically, the Titan brand. There was no reason for the Z to be 3 grand other than hype and epeen measuring. You paid for a name, thats it. All AMD did was take a haircut on their profit margins to undercut the Titan Z.

Why didn't the 3 THOUSAND dollar titan Z didn't have water cooling also?

Since it was so expensive.

Its stock vs stock how is that not fair?

Please let this drive 980 prices down

TWo different GPU markets. Never gonna happen

I buy what I want, I like the look of the reference cooler, I don't mind.

For $1350, I expect fucking everything on a GPU and a blowjob when I demand it.

For $1350, I expect fucking everything on a GPU and a blowjob when I demand it.

Where's my fukin lazors then, I want lazors on my GPU.  If you want a blowjob play Sexy Beach 3.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

#AMDrekt

Not yet...

#390XTitanSlayer

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Prepare for $2000 price tag. 

Yet one can get two R9 295X2 for about $1400 and while it would draw a lot more than a single or dual Titan X but at least preform on par.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

That sucks, though Nvidia never included them ever...for some reason.

Thats why you never buy reference designs. Ever.

NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_980_BackPiece.jpg 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Epic hardware pictures = needs epic gaming background music.

Play this while looking at picture and masturbating with your wallet :D

I8Vb3Nq.png

Included or nvidia's very rare way of making stuff like that purchasble like their SLI bridges?

Of course that's an option, but why would you let that restrict you if the rest of the game is 100% fine? "They use more VRAM than they actually need to" is not the end all and be all criterium for the value of a game. It's actually a really silly criterium and something that can easily be compensated for by the GPU. Of course it's not ideal to waste resources, but this is reality after all and it's going to happen to a lesser or greater extent one way or another.

Now that's a huge difference, helping out startups and schools with a more affordable option is one thing, but that does not equal a "workstation card". Doing it without ECC means doing it wrong, if it's your only option (because you can't afford a proper workstation card) or if it's for a school (where mistakes don't matter that much) then it's obviously a good choice (and as you said, a niche), but that still doesn't make it a workstation card that could be used on time- and/or error-critical projects.

The fact that the drivers are that similar is interesting, I didn't know that. But even so, it lacks some of the features that are exclusive to Quadro GPUs and that may or may not be important for what you're doing with it.

My argument still stands from a consumer perspective, the Titan line-up is harmful and drags down the GeForce cards one way or another. Because fact is, many people buy them as pure gaming cards. And that's the reason why we didn't have a 6GB 780ti. If they truly didn't compete and the Titan was a "developer card" then there would have been no reason to do that, especially since we had a 6GB 780 (because that doesn't directly compete with any of the Titans or a 780ti). What other reason would there be?

And if what you're saying is true and the Titan X doesn't even feature proper DP functionality anymore, then that's even worse. That literally makes it the "you get it early" and "it has more VRAM" version of a normal GeForce GPU. Sure, people will buy it and they have every right to do so, but it's also my right to point out that this is fucking retarded and harmful.

I didn't say it was end-all be-all. What I said is saying the Titans with 6GB of VRAM held back gaming is ludicrous, because no game should actually use much more than 3GB except in the most extreme circumstances, and at that point you're probably one of the few who is willing to stretch for that price or otherwise wait until a proper alternative arrives. Now, as a programmer myself I'm jaded about how badly software these days is designed, but I've beaten that horse dead already in numerous other threads.

No, doing it without ECC is taking about a 1 in 40,000 risk a single bit gets flipped over the course of a 1-hour render or scientific workload on a 4GB data set (there are plenty of white papers to reference if you'd like). There's something to be said when making large games to have that insurance be there, but to say rendering without ECC is wrong is incorrect. There are ups and downs to every single method of problem solving. One is cheaper but is more risky. One is far more expensive but less risky (though not full-proof actually).

Your argument falls completely flat. There is only so far hardware can be pushed within a certain price range, and currently software is a league and a half behind, which is the only reason AMD FX chips remain standing at all as viable for gaming and other moderately intense tasks.

The reason you didn't have a 6GB 780TI was GDDR5 6000+MHz memory chips of the required density were extremely expensive, and the Titan represented that variable in the pricing as well. The Titan was fairly priced and fairly segmented. If you wanted that much memory it didn't matter which company you went with. the price point of $1000 was the same. The 290X 8GB editions were 900 a piece when first launched, and then we had the mining crowd augmenting it. an 11% premium over the euivalent AMD offering is hardly consequential and under par for Nvidia's usual price performance.

You're conflating things. The GM 200 die is more than 630mm sq. in size. That's nearing TSMC's limits due to increasing yield failures at those sizes. That price represents that risk and the premium technology. It does not at all mean a delay or extra premium on another Geforce GPU. That IS the flagship. That IS the 980TI/1080. There is no other card it can be compared against. It's not harmful at all. You're misunderstanding reality and regurgitating your perception and claiming it as fact.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Why didn't the 3 THOUSAND dollar titan Z didn't have water cooling also?

Since it was so expensive.

Its stock vs stock how is that not fair?

It's not fair at all because AMD FAILED to design an air cooler and relied on Asetek to bail them out and then proceeded to charge you with far more than the Asetek cooling solution was worth (about 80-$100 bucks vs the 700 premium).

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I didn't say it was end-all be-all. What I said is saying the Titans with 6GB of VRAM held back gaming is ludicrous, because no game should actually use much more than 3GB except in the most extreme circumstances, and at that point you're probably one of the few who is willing to stretch for that price or otherwise wait until a proper alternative arrives. Now, as a programmer myself I'm jaded about how badly software these days is designed, but I've beaten that horse dead already in numerous other threads.

No, doing it without ECC is taking about a 1 in 40,000 risk a single bit gets flipped over the course of a 1-hour render or scientific workload on a 4GB data set (there are plenty of white papers to reference if you'd like). There's something to be said when making large games to have that insurance be there, but to say rendering without ECC is wrong is incorrect. There are ups and downs to every single method of problem solving. One is cheaper but is more risky. One is far more expensive but less risky (though not full-proof actually).

Your argument falls completely flat. There is only so far hardware can be pushed within a certain price range, and currently software is a league and a half behind, which is the only reason AMD FX chips remain standing at all as viable for gaming and other moderately intense tasks.

The reason you didn't have a 6GB 780TI was GDDR5 6000+MHz memory chips of the required density were extremely expensive, and the Titan represented that variable in the pricing as well. The Titan was fairly priced and fairly segmented. If you wanted that much memory it didn't matter which company you went with. the price point of $1000 was the same. The 290X 8GB editions were 900 a piece when first launched, and then we had the mining crowd augmenting it. an 11% premium over the euivalent AMD offering is hardly consequential and under par for Nvidia's usual price performance.

You're conflating things. The GM 200 die is more than 630mm sq. in size. That's nearing TSMC's limits due to increasing yield failures at those sizes. That price represents that risk and the premium technology. It does not at all mean a delay or extra premium on another Geforce GPU. That IS the flagship. That IS the 980/1080. There is no other card it can be compared against. It's not harmful at all. You're misunderstanding reality and regurgitating your perception and claiming it as fact.

/thread

Honestly. What more do you need from an explanation? Well said.

It is better because people here defiantly couldn't afford 1+1=3 so when they saw AMDs 0.5 + 0.5 = 1.5 they thought it was better value even though they still couldn't afford it. 

/enthusiastlogic 

Or 1+1 = 1.5?

Titan Black; http://nl.hardware.info/productinfo/206862/asus-geforce-gtx-titan-black-6gb#tab:prijzen

Titan-Z http://nl.hardware.info/productinfo/217355/asus-geforce-gtx-titan-z-12gb#tab:prijzen

3072 Maxwell Cuda and 12GB VRAM as total overkill... I´ll buy 3!

How about 4 for quad SLI

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Included or nvidia's very rare way of making stuff like that purchasble like their SLI bridges?

The plate comes with the ref card. 

Everything else is either blank PCB or super mega expensive cards getting plates. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It's not fair at all because AMD FAILED to design an air cooler and relied on Asetek to bail them out and then proceeded to charge you with far more than the Asetek cooling solution was worth (about 80-$100 bucks vs the 700 premium).

Finding a creative solution to a problem and then producing 65 degrees load with two hawaii cores insnt "Failing".

Not in my dictionary.