Nvidia just posted this on Twitter: This is TITAN X

Jobbe03

Soo this thread has basically devolved into people falling for bait and AMD fanboys crying?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

but nvidia didnt decide to take the risk so too bad for them

It wasn't about taking risks. It was about AMD having a failure in engineering and requiring the aid of Asetek for a REFERENCE design. Holy Hell get that through your skulls! It's one thing to offer a water unit as a premium alternative, but to have it be the REFERENCE design is an absolute admittance of failure. It was completely unreasonable and still is. Not everyone who buys dual chip cards is comfortable with water cooling, and those who are generally want custom loops to put the CPU and GPU all through one radiator or a chain of them.

It was not about Nvidia not taking risks and being innovative. It was about AMD being exonerated for an abject failure in engineering and being celebrated because they outperformed a card on air. DUH! Everyone in the enthusiast building community knows no air cooler will ever match even the halfway best water cooler. It will simply never happen.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Everyone in the enthusiast building community knows no air cooler will ever match even the halfway best water cooler. It will simply never happen.

Yeah the urm, NH-D14/15 and the phanteks copy would like to have a word with you.

Also, are you going to reply to my other points or are you just going to gracefully ignore them because you don't have anything to dispute it with?

Yet one can get two R9 295X2 for about $1400 and while it would draw a lot more than a single or dual Titan X but at least preform on par.

A single R9 295x2 should still be faster than the TITAN X.

It's not fair at all because AMD FAILED to design an air cooler and relied on Asetek to bail them out and then proceeded to charge you with far more than the Asetek cooling solution was worth (about 80-$100 bucks vs the 700 premium).

They didn't fail the AIO used on the R9 295x2 was a custom design. AMD knew they couldn't cool the card with just air so they moved to water.

Finding a creative solution to a problem and then producing 65 degrees load with two hawaii cores insnt "Failing".

Not in my dictionary.

It's a failure to offer it as your only reference design. I'm sorry but you'd have to be a blind fanchild to think otherwise. For those of us who do passionately build liquid cooled PCs, it's just a complete letdown and a severely limiting design. To rely on Asetek for the reference design instead of the premium step up is nothing more or less than a failure. You stick the 295x2 on a single fan against the Titan Z the Titan Z will win. Put the Titan Z on water against the Asetek 295x2, the Titan Z will win, but you don't give 2 flying flips about that because you only see what is in front of you without taking into consideration the implications of what is.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

It wasn't about taking risks. It was about AMD having a failure in engineering and requiring the aid of Asetek for a REFERENCE design. Holy Hell get that through your skulls! It's one thing to offer a water unit as a premium alternative, but to have it be the REFERENCE design is an absolute admittance of failure. It was completely unreasonable and still is. Not everyone who buys dual chip cards is comfortable with water cooling, and those who are generally want custom loops to put the CPU and GPU all through one radiator or a chain of them.

It was not about Nvidia not taking risks and being innovative. It was about AMD being exonerated for an abject failure in engineering and being celebrated because they outperformed a card on air. DUH! Everyone in the enthusiast building community knows no air cooler will ever match even the halfway best water cooler. It will simply never happen.

if the titan z didnt get massively underclocked it would need a water cooler also and i would rather amd put on a water cooler than underclocking their gpu so there is only a 60% increase in performance

Yeah the urm, NH-D14/15 and the phanteks copy would like to have a word with you.

Also, are you going to reply to my other points or are you just going to gracefully ignore them because you don't have anything to dispute it with?

Do you see how many people I'm trying to reply to? My inbox has shot up from 0 to 68 in just 12 minutes. Which page houses your points?

Also, no, they wouldn't, because with an EK Supremacy Evo and Indigo XS TIM I can easily beat both of those coolers by 15 degrees.

Soo this thread has basically devolved into people falling for bait and AMD fanboys crying?

Prepare your anus for Nvidia fanboys to like your comment.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

It's a failure to offer it as your only reference design. I'm sorry but you'd have to be a blind fanchild to think otherwise. For those of us who do passionately build liquid cooled PCs, it's just a complete letdown and a severely limiting design. To rely on Asetek for the reference design instead of the premium step up is nothing more or less than a failure. You stick the 295x2 on a single fan against the Titan Z the Titan Z will win. Put the Titan Z on water against the Asetek 295x2, the Titan Z will win, but you don't give 2 flying flips about that because you only see what is in front of you without taking into consideration the implications of what is.

because 65 degrees at max load isnt good enough for you -_- you are just a blind fanboy

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 295X2 8GB Core Edition Video Card  ($629.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $629.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-04 16:54 EST-0500

Or get the same performance for 600 dollars you know.

Anyways OT:
The titan X will probably be overpriced as a gaming card anyways , and the 12 GB of VRAM is completely out of whack with gamers needs.
While the 6 GB was not since some games at 4k actually use more than 4 GB of VRAM.
It will be interesting to see how it fares as a workstation card , the titan cards ( even Titan Z) are actually not bad value for workstation stuff at all.

Do you see how many people I'm trying to reply to? My inbox has shot up from 0 to 68 in just 12 minutes. Which page houses your points?

Also, no, they wouldn't, because with an EK Supremacy Evo and Indigo XS TIM I can easily beat both of those coolers by 15 degrees.

oh wow 50 degrees instead of 65 such big much needed improvment

I CALLED IT SO HARD

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Now I gotta buy one...

PrTwRxv.png

I made that image when the Titan Z was released BTW.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

if the titan z didnt get massively underclocked it would need a water cooler also and i would rather amd put on a water cooler than underclocking their gpu so there is only a 60% increase in performance

Not true. You can push it to about 830 MHz before the provided cooler is insufficient, but the whole point of those cards is to stand in as a poor man's HPC, CUDA research, rendering card. If you want to game on it and be that enthusiast, you'll toss a waterblock on it and put it into your custom loop YOUR way. AMD's way requires you run multiple loops if you're also liquid cooling your CPU. Epic failure. This should have been an optional premium complement to an air-based RFC which enthusiasts would buy to disassemble and custom liquid cool as usual.

Not true. You can push it to about 830 MHz before the provided cooler is insufficient, but the whole point of those cards is to stand in as a poor man's HPC, CUDA research, rendering card. If you want to game on it and be that enthusiast, you'll toss a waterblock on it and put it into your custom loop YOUR way. AMD's way requires you run multiple loops if you're also liquid cooling your CPU. Epic failure. This should have been an optional premium complement to an air-based RFC which enthusiasts would buy to disassemble and custom liquid cool as usual.

the titan z with no overclocking hits 80 degrees so 95 degrees at 830 mhz

A single R9 295x2 should still be faster than the TITAN X.

Maybe, depending on:

1. If you care about your electric bill

2. If AMD drivers arn't shit or even works in some games *cough...Far Cry 4*

3. I doubt that built in water cooling is capable of handling higher OC loads vs reference blower

If you've money to blow you'd buy this card. 

Can't imagine an enthusiast buying a 390X over this baller. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Can we dream that it's 20nm instead of 28?

No because Nvidia is skipping 20nm and going to 14nm

Maybe, depending on:

1. If you care about your electric bill

2. If AMD drivers arn't shit or even works in some games *cough...Far Cry 4*

3. I doubt that built in water cooling is capable of handling higher OC loads vs reference blower

there are amd omega drivers but the titan x will probably beat r9 295x2

Can we dream that it's 20nm instead of 28?

Nope, confirmed TSMC 28nm HP node.

The next Nvidia GPU architecture will be on 16nmFF or on Samsung's 14nmFF (which are both really just 20nm with FF if you read their actual specs).

LOL, Anandtech pretty much cuts right to the heart/issues of the matter  :D

S3SQZOf.jpg

Guessing from my calculations on transistor increase and leaked specs, it is indeed 1.5X a 980 with the RAM doubled

Here goes:

3072 Maxwell Cores

12GB GDDR5 7Ghz RAM

900-1000Mhz core clock (rumoured)

200-250W TDP (8+6pin connectors )

4-Way SLI ready

96 ROPS

384-bit bus

$1000-1400 price 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

the titan z with no overclocking hits 80 degrees so 95 degrees at 830 mhz

Depends on airflow and how cool/warm you keep your house, but TJunct is what, 107C for Kepler?

Guessing from my calculations on transistor increase and leaked specs, it is indeed 1.5X a 980 with the RAM doubled

Here goes:

3072 Maxwell Cores

12GB GDDR5 7Ghz RAM

900-1000Mhz core clock (rumoured)

200-250W TDP (8+6pin connectors )

4-Way SLI ready

96 ROPS

384-bit bus

$1000-1400 price 

will definitely be closer to 1400