Nvidia just posted this on Twitter: This is TITAN X

Jobbe03

It won't beat two of them though, and they'll still be cheaper than one TitanX.

Is 30-40% more performance than a 980 worth more than twice the price?  

For UHD/ 4K / 5K, the 980 straight up fails no matter how many you throw at it. While a single Titan X looks like it's going to be the first single card to pull all of the aforementioned resolutions off. (Two/ three Titan Blacks were previously req.)

So there will be a window where the Titan X has an actual gaming niche all to itself. Unfortunately, the R9 390x from AMD is limited to 4GB of VRAM so whether or not the Titan X will remain alone in this category for a long time is entirely up to Nvidia or Microsoft (DirectX 12 will enable smaller buffer cards for UHD+ because of pooled memory, but obviously only for DX12 games)

EDIT: The high bandwith of the HBM memory of the 390x might brute force stuttering at UHD+ resolutions down, but I doubt it. I sure hope it will though.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That darker color (gunmetal-ish?) for the cooler looks so fucking sexy. That is worth the price of admission alone.

Unless Titan X is using stacked memory but they can't as thats AMD technology or has a 20nm GPU unlikely it seems 390x could still be faster and cheaper...maybe.

small table completely unconfirmed

-snip-

HBM is a JEDEC standard AMD only invested into Hynix in creating it. Nvidia can buy and use the same HBM from Hynix if they so choose.

^This. Intel is putting 8GB of HBM on the Knight's Landing Xeon Phi's launching Q1 2016. Nvidia plans on using it for Pascal as well.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

AMD will launch the 390x at around 600 dollars and say "EL O LEL WE BEAT A TITAN" and then Nvidia will fire back with the Titan X Black and regain the throne.

It already is black tho lol

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I personally think they should have named it the "Titan Graphite" due to the metal (i assume and hope) shroud covering the cooler. That would be a sick name like

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"hey jimmy did you get the Titan Graphite yet?"

"yeah i just ordered 28"

TitanX_1.jpg

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

For UHD/ 4K / 5K, the 980 straight up fails no matter how many you throw at it. While a single Titan X looks like it's going to be the first single card to pull all of the aforementioned resolutions off. (Two/ three Titan Blacks were previously req.)

So there will be a window where the Titan X has an actual gaming niche all to itself. Unfortunately, the R9 390x from AMD is limited to 4GB of VRAM so whether or not the Titan X will remain alone in this category for a long time is entirely up to Nvidia or Microsoft (DirectX 12 will enable smaller buffer cards for UHD+ because of pooled memory, but obviously only for DX12 games)

EDIT: The high bandwith of the HBM memory of the 390x might brute force stuttering at UHD+ resolutions down, but I doubt it. I sure hope it will though.

980 plays 4K just fine

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

^This. Intel is putting 8GB of HBM on the Knight's Landing Xeon Phi's launching Q1 2016. Nvidia plans on using it for Pascal as well.

They're skipping Volta?

They're skipping Volta?

Volta comes after Pascal. The only known supercomputers currently said to be building with Volta (and the Power 9 chips also not yet out) are the ones planned by the U.S. Department of Energy. They're set to be built in 2017.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Volta comes after Pascal. The only known supercomputers currently said to be building with Volta (and the Power 9 chips also not yet out) are the ones planned by the U.S. Department of Energy. They're set to be built in 2017.

Derp.

I knew that. I was just seeing if you knew.  :ph34r:

Derp.

I knew that. I was just seeing if you knew.  :ph34r:

Don't you know? I'm the undisputed absolute master of micro-architecture news on this God-forsaken, sorry excuse of a technology enthusiast forum. If this is a tech forum, why are there girls here? Dead giveaway that LTT just isn't l337 enuff y3t. I'm trying to fix everything, but no one listens to me.

Don't you know? I'm the undisputed absolute master of micro-architecture news on this God-forsaken, sorry excuse of a technology enthusiast forum. If this is a tech forum, why are there girls here? Dead giveaway that LTT just isn't l337 enuff y3t. I'm trying to fix everything, but no one listens to me.

I lost my shit at "l337 enuff y3t"

I lost my shit at "l337 enuff y3t"

60216942.jpg

On medium.

On high/ultra without AA (which you wouldn't need if you played on a 27" screen or lower).

AMD will launch the 390x at around 600 dollars and say "EL O LEL WE BEAT A TITAN" and then Nvidia will fire back with the Titan X Black and regain the throne.

And then AMD will fire back with the 395x2 reclaiming the throne, and then nvidia will come out with 1xxx series, then AMD will come out with 4xx series, etc etc etc. What's your point?

Come on man, you're one of the most well known posters on this forum, why the fanboyism?

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

And then AMD will fire back with the 395x2 reclaiming the throne, and then nvidia will come out with 1xxx series, then AMD will come out with 4xx series, etc etc etc. What's your point?

Come on man, you're one of the most well known posters on this forum, why the fanboyism?

Was the sarcasm not that apparent? 

A single 980?

Maybe , if you overclock it really hard it might be possible.

Do be aware some settings actually don't deliver any better fidelity. Sometimes geometry and tessellation is overbudgeted on the highest settings, and it's pointless to use that max setting, and like I said AA at 4K is practically pointless.

Was the sarcasm not that apparent?

I guess now that I looked at it again. Its hard to tell right now though. I mean it is Gpu wars right now, and everyone is just all over the place with reactions and opinions. I guess you were just mocking half the forum members. My bad.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro