Nvidia just posted this on Twitter: This is TITAN X

Jobbe03

but nvidia didnt take that path and they decided to nerf their clocks

Nvidia took the sane path, the one where its cards could go into smaller form factor PCs. To rely on liquid cooling as your reference design is a failure in engineering. No two ways about it. If AMD had offered a proper air cooler alongside it at a cheaper price point we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm confuzz'd...

384 bit bus... 

The 980 has a 256 bit memory bus... x2 would be 512... so this isn't 2 chips in one card or changed memory? 

Or is it a monster of a single card?

Seems to be a powerful single card, considering that it was 2-sloted

Nvidia took the sane path, the one where its cards could go into smaller form factor PCs. To rely on liquid cooling as your reference design is a failure in engineering. No two ways about it. If AMD had offered a proper air cooler alongside it at a cheaper price point we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

if titan z released at full clock speed it would need a water cooler also

"Greatly overclocked"

1018Mhz is greatly overclocked? A whole 18 Mhz higher than an R9 290X?

Wow, what a HUGE overclock!

Because the R9 295X2 can't overclock any more at all right?

eyeroll* Every dual chip card in history has had lower stock clocks than the single chip cards. AMD could only manage this feat because they put their card under water. If you put the Titan Z under water you can push it to 1100+MHz fairly easily. AMD failed to engineer a cooling solution for their card and had to have asetek bail them out. It's one thing to offer it as a premium and entirely another to rely on it.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

lol it took up 3 slots i wouldnt call that small form factor

The cooler doesn't. You can also change the bracket rather easily. With AMD's decision there's no mini-ITX case you can fit the 295x2 inside due to needing a 120mm fan mount.

eyeroll* Every dual chip card in history has had lower stock clocks than the single chip cards. AMD could only manage this feat because they put their card under water. If you put the Titan Z under water you can push it to 1100+MHz fairly easily. AMD failed to engineer a cooling solution for their card and had to have asetek bail them out. It's one thing to offer it as a premium and entirely another to rely on it.

And again, if you put an R9 295X2 under water (or just use the stock cooling) its totally impossible to overclock right?

Oh wait.

But it isn't. They are literally the same value. The proportional markup of two individual GPUs over Nvidia/AMD's amalgamation was pretty damned identical. Stop pretending that AMD doing the exact same thing as Nvidia was any better.

It is better because people here defiantly couldn't afford 1+1=3 so when they saw AMDs 0.5 + 0.5 = 1.5 they thought it was better value even though they still couldn't afford it. 

/enthusiastlogic 

The cooler doesn't. You can also change the bracket rather easily. With AMD's decision there's no mini-ITX case you can fit the 295x2 inside due to needing a 120mm fan mount.

im pretty sure every case can mount a 120mm fan mount unless its a case with no case fans

Remember folks, only 11.5GB Vram will be usable. ;) /s 

Gaming PC: CPU: 4770k @ 4.0Ghz GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance 1600Mhz Mobo: ASRock Extreme 9/AC PSU: Corsair AX760i Case: Corsair 750D CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i HDD: Samsung EVO 250GB, 1TB HDD, 4TB HDD 

The cooler doesn't. You can also change the bracket rather easily. With AMD's decision there's no mini-ITX case you can fit the 295x2 inside due to needing a 120mm fan mount.

What the fuck am I reading.

You are just defending nvidia tooth and nail at this point dude.

"The cooler doesn't" Just what? Have you even seen a Titan Z? It's cooler CLEARLY takes up the entire 3 slots.

TITAN-Z.jpg

And the R9 295X2 cant fit in a case with no 120mm fan mount, a very valid point.

All those cases that don't have 120MM fan mounts? Yeah all those 0 cases?

3072 Maxwell Cuda and 12GB VRAM as total overkill... I´ll buy 3!

I'll do 1 better, I'll buy 4!

But is this a dual gpu or single? If single I will buy 4!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Hey look, its my video!

Is that ur voice?

If so, its great!

I can imagine a green Aventum III with 4 of these bad boys in quad-SLI

Gonna be Epic 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

i think its single and be ready to pay 1300-1500 for each one

It is better because people here defiantly couldn't afford 1+1=3 so when they saw AMDs 0.5 + 0.5 = 1.5 they thought it was better value even though they still couldn't afford it. 

/enthusiastlogic

No just because it had almost the same performance(about 2% difference) and costed 1.5 K less.

And it had better temps

I believe it's single, the price was a rumor from last month, nothing is confirmed yet.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Please let this drive 980 prices down

Yeah so i can get a second one to drive my 1280x1024 monitor!

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

No just because it had almost the same performance(about 2% difference) and costed 1.5 K less.

And it had better temps

well titans aren't really good in price to performance in the first place

Shame there's no back plate

titanx6.jpg 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

And it had better temps

@patrickjp93 explained this well. Better temps due to water. Put a Z under water, see what ends up on top. 

What you and a lot of "enthusiasts" don't get is you also pay for the brand. Specifically, the Titan brand. There was no reason for the Z to be 3 grand other than hype and epeen measuring. You paid for a name, thats it. All AMD did was take a haircut on their profit margins to undercut the Titan Z. 

Seems to be a powerful single card, considering that it was 2-sloted

But EVGAs ACX Titan Z is dual slot 

Ok so, if anyone has money floating around and want to get me one on release day. All I say is, I won't refuse it.

I sure will

JK

That sucks, though Nvidia never included them ever...for some reason.

Thats why you never buy reference designs. Ever.