WSJ say Apple working on a car.

pit5000

I remember somebody posted articles about rumors of Apple making self-driving cars a few days ago...

Nah they are not makeing a car, i would be a certain death born project, they are working on their carplay and how to intergrate it inside cars, like what feel best for the driver and how the driver reponds to the software. 

but no the car we have seen post about around the net are for testing diffrent things in their software, not becouse they make a car for selling.

We would see the car in like 5 years, apple won't release products that could harm its company.

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Nah they are not makeing a car, i would be a certain death born project, they are working on their carplay and how to intergrate it inside cars, like what feel best for the driver and how the driver reponds to the software. 

but no the car we have seen post about around the net are for testing diffrent things in their software, not becouse they make a car for selling.

Eh im in the air on this one http://www.businessinsider.com.au/heres-more-evidence-that-apple-could-be-working-on-a-car-2015-2 why would software give tesla a run for its money? 

now we will have android fans complain the icar has too many features and too expensive 

i dont see ios fans complaining about others

most fandroids do

people must understand u must not go with specs alone get some hands on then complain

Eh im in the air on this one http://www.businessinsider.com.au/heres-more-evidence-that-apple-could-be-working-on-a-car-2015-2 why would software give tesla a run for its money? 

well, apple should and will not make a car, Apple make computeres and media playeres, and then the iphone, to set a new product section like a vehicle would be a death born project as i said becouse they would have to start form the bottom and it is too risky a marked for a so well regarded company.       

software is much more than just lines of code, and tesla knows that. 

You know the wereables fad never took off, what makes Google and Apple think something as expensive as cars will win big for them? I never heard of a company making it big because they sell fucking car stereos which is what you're doing anyway: trying to sell me fancy stupid car stereos.

-------

Current Rig

-------

BF-AJ185_APPLEC_J_20150213172848.jpg

Tim Cook approved Apple electric car project a year ago, hundreds of employees working on it

I know you all are thinking this: "Apple? Making cars? What?"

And it sounds weird because its such a departure from anything that Apple as a company has done before, but maybe thats a good thing. I'll say as much, Tesla took its corporate inspiration from how Apple does things, the Model S is already what some call "a car that Apple might make", so their design ethos isn't exactly pulled out of nowhere nor does it not stand a chance in the modern sphere. 

IMHO, I think its worth seeing what they do. Competition of any form is good. We haven't had good competition in the electric space, ever. Maybe this is what it takes to push electric cars (And their adoption) even further along? Who knows. I'm curious to see this minivan type car. Sure, a minivan isn't sporty or sexy BUT IT DOES reach a far wider market than a super sedan or SUV. 

Consumers love their minivans. Minivans sell well. Its not a bad place to introduce a electric product. One thing that leads me to think that Apple truly gives a damn is the amount of employees and senior auto industry staff they've snatched up (even ones from Tesla) and their meetings with automotive manufacturers - like Magna Steyr. A tech company that makes phones doesn't just up and decide to talk to a auto supplier for no reason, among other things. 

The staff aspect intrigues me. If reports are to be believed, this is a thousand member team at least with the former honchos from multiple brands the world over. Should be very interesting to see what they come up with. 

The Cupertino, Calif., company has several hundred employees working secretly toward creating an Apple-branded electric vehicle, according to people familiar with the matter. The project, code-named “Titan,” initially is working on the design of a vehicle that resembles a minivan, one of the people said.

An Apple spokesman declined to comment. 

Apple ultimately could decide not to proceed with a car. In addition, many technologies used in an electric car, such as advanced batteries and in-car electronics, could be useful to other Apple products, including the iPhone and iPad.

Apple often investigates technologies and potential products, going as far as building multiple prototypes for some things that it won’t ever sell. Any car would take several years to complete and obtain safety certifications.

Mirroring other recent reports that Apple was poaching experts from the automotive industry, WSJ notes that Zadesky “was given permission to create a 1,000-person team and poach employees from different parts of the company.” Earlier today the Financial Times reported that Apple has hired president and CEO of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development Johann Jungwirth, along with other auto industry execs, to work at a new, secretive automotive research lab. Apple has also been locked in a poaching war with Tesla, attempting to lure away that company’s employeeswith big bonuses.

Source: http://www.wsj.com/articles/apples-titan-car-project-to-challenge-tesla-1423868072

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2015/02/13/wsj-tim-cook-approved-apple-electric-car-project-a-year-ago-hundreds-of-employees-working-on-it/

Edited by Victorious Secret

How many organs and limbs do I have to cut off to afford this?

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I believe there are at least 2 posts about this already....

There was another, it was badly done, I made my own better one. The other wasn't in tech news. The other was also bad. 'm a higher class of article poster. Maybe instead of screaming "DAE REPOST" on people on who put some effort in, we should start trimming posters who just hack nonsense together? 

Can't complain, competition is never bad. Between the two of them they should push this tech forward well! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

There was another, it was badly done, I made my own better one. The other wasn't in tech news. The other was also bad. 'm a higher class of article poster. Maybe instead of screaming "DAE REPOST" on people on who put some effort in, we should start trimming posters who just hack nonsense together? 

We talked about that in other posts, but it seems not much has been changed....

Can't complain, competition is never bad. Between the two of them they should push this tech forward well! 

Battery tech is where this really matters. A car is a car. Even a mundane, boring pile of crap will still be bought if its appealing enough. Its the goodies under the hood (or in this case, on the floor of the car) that matter. Is Apple going to push more experimental battery designs? Are they doing a co-venture with someone else? Will they go all electric or follow the Volt/i8 and strap on a range extender? IF so, who are they partnering up for that? 

I imagined that Apple would do something with its stockpile of money, but this isn't that something. 

Battery tech is where this really matters. A car is a car. Even a mundane, boring pile of crap will still be bought if its appealing enough. Its the goodies under the hood (or in this case, on the floor of the car) that matter. Is Apple going to push more experimental battery designs? Are they doing a co-venture with someone else? Will they go all electric or follow the Volt/i8 and strap on a range extender? IF so, who are they partnering up for that? 

I imagined that Apple would do something with its stockpile of money, but this isn't that something. 

True, battery are the real important part, and i would love to see more innovation on this sector. 

But its not all there is to cars, I'm sure we'll get to see other cool stuff too :) 

Lets hope they have something nice in store! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

It wouldn't be hard to go up against Tesla. 

Both companies have shed loads of money and "want to change the world".

Seems silly to buy a electric car since we can still rely on suck, squeeze, bang, blow. 

Once oil, coal and gas are truly in trouble only then will people really switch over. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Or just hit up the OP of the original thread and ask him to make it better. There isn't and hasn't ever been an exception for reposting cause yours looks nicer, maybe that's something mods should start a discussion about. 

"Rawr XD"

well, apple should and will not make a car, Apple make computeres and media playeres, and then the iphone, to set a new product section like a vehicle would be a death born project as i said becouse they would have to start form the bottom and it is too risky a marked for a so well regarded company.       

software is much more than just lines of code, and tesla knows that. 

Looks like you were wrong :S http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/310251-apple-gears-up-to-challenge-tesla-in-electric-cars/

Lol as soon as i heard a few days ago about the apple employee saying its going to give tesla a run for its money straight away was like its a car it has to be.

i am pretty sure it is not apple who makes the car, but like they wrote mercedes-benz CEO and other experts, we can be sure it is a apple + random car company = ibenz electric car or along those lines :P  

but neat i had not seen those post even when i was looking around... xD

But will it bend?

I think the better question here is, Will it BLEND?

I think this could be the end of the electric car.

Apple would just patent everything they did, and would sue anyone who tried to use it. New awesome battery tech? Sorry. Apple car only.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

So here's my take on the matter

post-131888-0-97456900-1423947486.jpg

I also feel apple needs to hire more border collies at the gate to keep the herd in line.

post-131888-0-29972400-1423946228.jpg

post-131888-0-29972400-1423946228.jpg

post-131888-0-97456900-1423947486.jpg