iPad Air m1 usb c?

Is the usb c on the iPad air 2022 a bottleneck compared to the pro variant? No so much as to future proof more so as to actually take advantage of the m series chips like for photo and video editing and things like that?

Usb c for what is the question.

For keyboard, mouse,... not at all

For storage its a 5gb/s port so fine for a lot.

Tho well I wouldnt edit on an ipad as its quite small and far harder than just any normal device.

As well as restrictive with storage, ram usage, software, heat, performance (its a m1 in name but not for too long due to restrictions),...

A simple laptop for the price of an air would do quite well since these still go near the 500 mark a ok new laptop or rather GREAT used laptops are available.

Also ergonomics wise these are a nightmare for editing stuff on.

Remember that now you can connect it to an external monitor and have been editing on it a while now my thing is that i have been having connectivity issues with the usb c and wanted to know whether is the protocol itself or my device

2 minutes ago, Hendricks3 said:

Remember that now you can connect it to an external monitor and have been editing on it a while now my thing is that i have been having connectivity issues with the usb c and wanted to know whether is the protocol itself or my device

What adapter have you been using?

The m1's sorta thunderbolt/usb4 can be a bit finnicky with some docks and adapters. It should be more than fine. Also my bad it was the 10gb/s connection speed btw.

You can potentially overwhelm the connection if doing too much and the dock isnt of great quality.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What adapter have you been using?

The m1's sorta thunderbolt/usb4 can be a bit finnicky with some docks and adapters. It should be more than fine. Also my bad it was the 10gb/s connection speed btw.

You can potentially overwhelm the connection if doing too much and the dock isnt of great quality.

Ah i see which one would you recommend?

Budget and high end?

12 hours ago, Hendricks3 said:

Ah i see which one would you recommend?

Budget and high end?

What do you have now that is giving issues?

6 hours ago, jaslion said:

What do you have now that is giving issues?

I’d have to look it up to see if i find but its one of those that are like the ugreen 541 one