WSJ say Apple working on a car.

pit5000

http://9to5mac.com/2015/02/13/wsj-tim-cook-approved-apple-electric-car-project-a-year-ago-hundreds-of-employees-working-on-it/

personally I really can't see why this is a good idea. I like to idea of electric cars but until some deals with the range anxiety issue, there will be no mass market appeal.

Also I don't understand why the leap from consumer electronics to automotive stuff. If this were true, I'm sure it would integrate with all of Apple's services and devices but it wouldn't really bring anything special to market.

On a side note, I saw a video a while back of Elon Musk doing a Q&A and an Apple Battery Engineer was there asking some questions. Elon asked what kind of energy density has Apple achieved, and the engineer said, "I can't disclose that.".

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

This idea is DRIVING me crazy...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

i need friends

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

You'll just have to pay a ridiculous premium because it's an "Apple" product.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

The luxury car market will still have better cars from companies with decades of experience like Daimler, BMW and Audi

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

The luxury car market will still have better cars from companies with decades of experience like Daimler, BMW and Audi

Yeah, however:

They do have a lot of employees that previously worked for Tesla....

And yes, Tesla is younger, but hey, their cars are pretty dam good

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

Yeah, however:

And yes, Tesla is younger, but hey, their cars are pretty dam good

Tesla is good and innovative but nowhere on the sales and experience level of BMW, Audi and Mercedes

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Tesla is good and innovative but nowhere on the sales and experience level of BMW, Audi and Mercedes

Sales experience at Tesla isn't close to BMW, Audi and MB..... it's on a whole new level.

You don't feel like you're shopping from a commissioned car dealership, you feel like you're in an Apple store (leading back to the original topic, maybe?) checking out the latest cool stuff. I went all the way down to California for the sole purpose of visiting a Tesla store and was blown away.

"Rawr XD"

I've been to the Tesla Showroom in Santa Monica, it was beautiful. The people there were not trying to sell you the car at all, they are there to educate you about the technology. Excellent experience!, now compare that to the typical sales experience: sales guy does whatever they can to sell you the product, if it's a franchise they will even try to pressure competing products (honda dude tells you it's better than toyota, next day he's trying to sell toyota and bashes honda). They really don't know much about what they are selling, they just have the job to sell it. Would you trust them!?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

and it will be twice as expensive look good and be slower

/fact

/joke

/kinda

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I shall stick with Tesla, I'm not a fan of Apple's closed network of products. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Called this. I am so rubbing NCIX Cameraman's face in this.

You go man, rub NCIX Cameraman's face in it. Is this the original cameraman you're talking about, and if so, does he still work for NCIX?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Called this. I am so rubbing NCIX Cameraman's face in this.

Nice to hear that. Now go tell my mother NOT to buy this.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Its probably going to be overpriced as fuck and break easily.

Who knows, maybe this will bend too xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

But will it bend?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Instead of jumping on the Electric Car Hype Train (which has no brakes) shouldn't they be working on figuring out a better way to power the car than lithium-ion batteries? Because they suck, quite frankly.

Come on, we have working solid-oxide fuel cell generators, a small one can theoretically power a small house. Shove a couple into a car, attach it to a tank or canister of any hydrocarbon-based fuel and off you go!

That doesn't necessarily mean anything if we look at Tesla. youngest car company (as far as I know) and its hanging with the big boys or beating them.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

This idea is DRIVING me crazy...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

i need friends

Eh, pun is only funny if it's coincidental.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

According to an earlier report, it has been suggested that Apple could be thinking about making an electric car of their own. It does seem to be a rather wild rumor, but another report from the Financial Times (paywall; via iClarified) has revealed some potential evidence of Apple’s burgeoning interest in the automotive sector.

According to the report, Apple is said to have been hiring experts in vehicle design and automotive technology to work on secret research labs. These secret labs are said to be located outside of the company’s Cupertino campus, which goes to show just how secretive they are. Jonathan Ive and a team of designers are also reported to have been holding meetings with automotive executives and engineers as well.

All of this seems to point towards Apple’s interest in cars. Of course whether or not this interest goes beyond just mere tinkering to an actual product remains to be seen, although the earlier report from The Wall Street Journal did state that Apple had a team of hundreds of employees who are already part of this secret project codenamed “Titan”.

There have also been earlier rumors that Apple was working on something that could give Tesla a “run for its money”, not to mention Tesla’s CEO acknowledging that Apple has been trying to poach some of their employees, although it seems that Apple’s efforts have not been too successful. In any case this information should be taken with a grain of salt for now, but could this be the real deal? Or could we be looking at another “iTV”-like product, which until today has yet to materialize.

Source :-http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/02/apple-looking-to-hire-experts-in-vehicle-design-and-automotive-technology-rumor/?utm_source=mobilerepublic

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :