13700K and Z690 offer

Hi guys.

I got a deal for used Z690 Strix F MoBo, new 13700K and Kingston FURY 2X16B 5200MHz RAM for around 650 euros.

I plan to mostly use PC for 1440p gaming, in the near future get a 1440p gaming card.

My current setup is 3900X with Crosshair Hero VIII MoBo and 32GB 3200MHz RAM.

Can I expect huge performance boost ir this is all just waste of money?

Please don't reply get this get that etc...

This a setup I got good offer on.

I Suppose this is just waist of $ since 3900X is still decent CPU, and though board has only 2 m.2 slots still probably going strong.

I mean X570 is old but age gap between these 2 platforms is just 2 years, correct?

Ok, so share thoughts, opinions etc...

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

40 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I mean X570 is old but age gap between these 2 platforms is just 2 years, correct?

3900X was released in 2019 and 13700K in 2022. For gaming, performance gain should be noticeable in some. Personally speaking, 5800X3D makes a whole lot more sense if gaming is the priority, plus it would be cheaper than 650 euros.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

3900X was released in 2019 and 13700K in 2022. For gaming, performance gain should be noticeable in some. Personally speaking, 5800X3D makes a whole lot more sense if gaming is the priority, plus it would be cheaper than 650 euros.

But 13700K is way faster chip, correct?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Just now, frozensun said:

But 13700K is way faster chip, correct?

Depends on what the loads is. You can check benchmarks to ease your compulsive buying behavior, seeing how much you will pay per percent of fps gain in games.

Personally speaking, the deal you are getting is bad enough that I wouldnt even consider it twice.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

Depends on what the loads is. You can check benchmarks to ease your compulsive buying behavior, seeing how much you will pay per percent of fps gain in games.

Personally speaking, the deal you are getting is bad enough that I wouldnt even consider it twice.

What is bad about it?

Just now, frozensun said:

What is bad about it?

Price.

6 hours ago, frozensun said:

Hi guys.

I got a deal for used Z690 Strix F MoBo, new 13700K and Kingston FURY 2X16B 5200MHz RAM for around 650 euros.

I plan to mostly use PC for 1440p gaming, in the near future get a 1440p gaming card.

My current setup is 3900X with Crosshair Hero VIII MoBo and 32GB 3200MHz RAM.

Can I expect huge performance boost ir this is all just waste of money?

Please don't reply get this get that etc...

This a setup I got good offer on.

I Suppose this is just waist of $ since 3900X is still decent CPU, and though board has only 2 m.2 slots still probably going strong.

Ok, so share thoughts, opinions etc...

5700x3D would be a decent upgrade.

6 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

waste of money

can get a 7800x3d + decent b650 + 32gb 6000c30/32 for less than 650€ which will obliterate that 13700k in gaming

7800x3d is currently 410 euros.

23 minutes ago, frozensun said:

7800x3d is currently 410 euros.

with a board like the b650m hdv (or equivalent board) + 32gb 6000c30/32 itd still be around the 650€ mark at worst maybe 700€ but itd still obliterate the 13700k in gaming and not have garbage rams youll have to throw out the moment you upgrade to a cpu that needs faster rams

you could also just opt for a 7600 and enjoy the power efficiency whilst still being cheaper and more upgradable than that 13700k bundle, performance diff will probs not be noticable esp at 1440p and if you play games like factorio or something that really benifits from cache then i dont think the 7600 or 13700k would fare very well against a 7800x3d or even a 5700x3d/5800x3d

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

with a board like the b650m hdv (or equivalent board) + 32gb 6000c30/32 itd still be around the 650€ mark at worst maybe 700€ but itd still obliterate the 13700k in gaming and not have garbage rams youll have to throw out the moment you upgrade to a cpu that needs faster rams

you could also just opt for a 7600 and enjoy the power efficiency whilst still being cheaper and more upgradable than that 13700k bundle, performance diff will probs not be noticable esp at 1440p and if you play games like factorio or something that really benifits from cache then i dont think the 7600 or 13700k would fare very well against a 7800x3d or even a 5700x3d/5800x3d

Seems you were right:

But my 3900x is not good for gaming?

I have not used that rig with 3900x for gaming, just still my old rig with 6700OK.

3 hours ago, frozensun said:

But my 3900x is not good for gaming?

Says who? It's at least as fast as the 6700K you seem perfectly fine with using for gaming.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

12 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Says who? It's at least as fast as the 6700K you seem perfectly fine with using for gaming.

Well most people tell me to buy 5800x3d.

I feel stupid because in 2020 3900x was a beast of a CPU and costed me a lot.

If 3900X lets say gives me in game 120 fps why would I need 180???

Yeah it is old bwth it has 12 cores/24t.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

If 3900X lets say gives me in game 120 fps why would I need 180???

Exactly! So why entertain the idea of upgrading right now?

Computer stuff only gets faster and cheaper as time goes on.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Seems like a bad time for Intel right now. I would use what you have right now, or get an X3D chip in there for a shitload of money saved. Or if you are ok on the 6700K keep using it.

Or buy the 13700K and question yourself later.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

If you want more performance, I would save the money and get a GPU. The 3900x will run pretty much any game with a 1440p card, unless you are playing a really cpu-intensive game.