Same Sex Marriage? (your view)

Bicko96

so as most of you know this is a big change happening all over the world i would like to know your guys views on this situation (please dont insult each other and allow everyone to have there own views) But here are my views

Why do we care so much? i mean hundreds if not thousands of same sex marriages happen every week and i does not effect our life so why do all of these churches go out and protest what if these people are atheists and not muslim or catholic why should the church have a say when when the couple getting married don't support the religion i mean the bible says how your suppose to love everything and stuff like that so why is it wrong for a same sex couple to love each other we are all entitled to equal rights and i don't think these people should be condemned and harassed just because they are in love with someone of the same sex it's wrong that other people decide who gets married its wrong that these people have to hide from society and its wrong that they are not treated the same in most countries its none of our business what those people do so society should hush up and learn to treat someone equal and the way most of the world views same sex marriage is pathetic in my opinion?

these are my views i'm an atheist i don't support any religion i believe people should receive equal rights no matter what there Age, Gender, Sexuality or Color 

what are your views and please don't insult one and other i just want to know what the general majority think i'm not sure if moderators will even leave this post here but hey you never know

EDIT: also i'm not saying everybody of those religions are against it i'm just saying that is the majority 

i dont care, marry any person you want imo. i dont see what the big deal is

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

That was the longest sentence ever.  :lol:

I agree though, you made some good points. I think it's an issue that people take more seriously since many people (at least in North America) don't want to be seen as being gay. If they do, they feel secluded and unaccepted, since there is quite a substantial Christian/Catholic, etc. population that feels threatened by homosexuality.

KEVIN RUDD (Australian PM) PROMISED SAME-SEX MARRIAGE! COME ON, RUDDYYYYYYY. 

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

I'm all for it, love is love mate, if you love someone regardless if they have the same sex as you, do what makes you happy.

The stance I used to have was basically 'I don't really care, doesn't affect me' which looking back now sounds a little heartless and I hate it but since having homosexual friends from both sex's it gives you a new insight into their world regardless to whether you're gay or not, this is a topic that I do care about a lot.

Around where I live there are more people heavily against it than for it and it pisses me off.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I think people should be able to marry whoever they want, same sex or not. A government shouldn't go around prohibiting something that doesn't affect a third person in an adverse manner, and I don't think same sex marriage does.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

I think that same sex marriage isn't a problem. The problem is that homosexual people are being socially exiled from the majority of groups or communities because of the amount of people being christians. I am an atheist but i used to be a Christian and in the bible jesus says to respect each other equally so i don't get why a lot of christians think that homosexual people are sinners which should be 'exiled' from being socially acceptable .

I'm not against a legal equivalent.
I'm just against the use of the word marriage cause I'm against definitions of words being altered. 
Course I wouldn't stop anyone doing it, it's their own choice and have no right to say that they can't.
I just don't like the word being used.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I dont care, its not my business. Its definatley not my place to tell someone else how to live their life.

I believe in free will and am pretty much supportive if one wants to go ahead and live their life with someone of the same sex, whether that be man with man or woman with woman. I just want everyone to be happy and able to express themselves freely  :)

I hate seeing people quote law or religion [i know I am treading in deep water here] and saying that you cannot do this or that, using books that were written thousands of years ago by probably some power hungry person instead of some divine being [who would want everyone to be happy]. If someone were to look at religion, I think its a flawed concept. Everytime my family goes to the temple, I see litres of milk being poured over ''God'' and going down the sewer soon after that whereas just outside that temple, there are men, women, and children who are not even getting one whole meal a day and are not even having clean drinking water.

While I don't mind others beliefs in the supernatural, I don't like it at all when they go ahead and outcast someone for beliefs that were passed on based on for generations without question whether- should I judge/ condemn this fellow human being for their personal preference based on a belief that was passed on without reason. Anyways, thats just my view.

Too anyone who got angry reading this and is going to bash me, I am really sorry if this offended you; please thing about a flying unicorn pooping rainbows and chill out. Lets all be friends without getting angry :)

PC in Profile

i dont care marry who u want hell marry a lion if u wana its completely normal all i know is i dont wana get married. pain in the ass

BLAOW!!!!

I'm not against a legal equivalent.

I'm just against the use of the word marriage cause I'm against definitions of words being altered. 

Course I wouldn't stop anyone doing it, it's their own choice and have no right to say that they can't.

I just don't like the word being used.

If you never spoke a word that's meaning had been altered since it's inception you wouldn't have much to say. I just don't understand this point of view. There just isn't any reason why it can not be called marriage. Why do homosexuals need feel segregated by giving it another name?

I don't understand how anyone could type out this sentence and not feel embarrassed.

I don't see any bad reason at all why people from the same gender can't be married. They should be allowed to marry who ever they want to be completely honest.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I don't care what other people do. My religious belief define the principle on which I vote. If gay marriage does become a reality for the entire country, I do believe specific venues have the right to deny service to those people. That being said, Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion. You can go get yourself married at the court house.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Would you mind explaining why you're against it, please?

EDIT: To answer the question posed in the OP, as a gay man it'd be rather hypocritical for me to not support same sex marriage.

i am irritated by gay people.its not natural from my pov.i feel offended. end of story

i am irritated by gay people.its not natural from my pov.i feel offended. end of story

I'd like to direct your attention to the animal kingdom, since you don't feel it's natural. If it isn't natural, why has homosexuality been observed in around 1500 different species of animal?

I am supportive of and would vote for same sex marriage, but I am rather indifferent about same sex relationships, especially male-male ones.

What I mean is that I think all LEGAL implications for gay/lesbian couples should be made the same as straight couples, but PERSONALLY I am very for lesbian couples [i.e. I would like to see it or know they exist and can enjoy the same rights as everyone else] and I just don't care about gay men [i.e. I don't mind knowing/seeing any gay men, but I am not especially supporting of their sexuality or anything on a personal level].

Either way, I have no negative views on same-sex marriage and relationships.

Gay people will continue to exist even if same sex marriage is not allowed. Why not just let these people who you don't even know (probably) be happy?

I just don't see why people are legally against it - even if you're personally offended, I don't see reason why you can't just distance yourself from these people and let them be happy by voting for it legally. Anyone who isn't legally supportive of this care to explain why?

Well this world is full of Gay people. The FACT is that it is completely natural and many scientific studies have proven so. I have done my fair share of homosexual behavior and there are thousands of species that exhibit homosexual behavior and of the thousands, many are monogamous animals that are partnered in a same sex relationship FOR LIFE! I am irritated by the blatant ignorance of people in today's society. This is the 21'st century not the 50's and i understand that you are entitled to an opinion but that doesn't mean that it can't come under critical discussion. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

em..procreate?anyway ,its just me. you may like a tipe of...cake while i would not.

I'd like to direct your attention to the animal kingdom, since you don't feel it's natural. If it isn't natural, why has homosexuality been observed in around 1500 different species of animal?

Humans being one of those species of animal :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!