Same Sex Marriage? (your view)

Bicko96

as a TS Bisexual i like it :3 

Character artist in the Games industry.

Well, the unnatural argument is generally wrong, but the god argument is one you just can't argue for or against other than by debating the separation of church and state or maybe asking them why it matter what other people do.

Neither of them are actual arguments, as you cannot prove them. It's more of a preceived axiom for the person uttering it.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Every mammal species has homosexuals. Only one species has homophobia. Which one is more natural?

Also, marriage has nothing to do with religion. Separation of church and state should be mandatory.

You do realize that the word "marriage" (and the definition of it, there of.) is not connected to religion or the Bible at all nor did it originate from the Bible or Biblical times, right? Sure, the Bible uses the word, but the Bible also uses words like "the" and "and."

I suppose you don't want gays to use those words either...

Seeing as I'm not religious nor am I heterosexual I don't see how that's in the least bit relevant.

Seriously guys it's not just straight religious folk who don't agree with the idea. But as I said, I'm against the concept. But I wouldn't tell a couple they're not allowed to do it.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Seeing as I'm not religious nor am I heterosexual I don't see how that's in the least bit relevant.

Seriously guys it's not just straight religious folk who don't agree with the idea. But as I said, I'm against the concept. But I wouldn't tell a couple they're not allowed to do it.

No offense but you're a living, breathing contradiction. If you're not religious or hetero, then why are you against gay marriage? Be it the concept or not because it's the same thing, since marriage is a concept.

Well in short im a christian. And I just think it shouldnt be that way. 

Fundamental Christianity doesn't recognise evolution, which as everybody knows, is a fact. The gay gene is part of our make up, and has been preserved because it clearly has an evolutionary advantage. Marriage by definition is between a man and woman, but the fact that you or anyone would condemn the lawfully recognised relationship between two men or two women is ridiculous. Homosexuality isn't a choice, it's a genetic mutation, just like having brown hair or blue eyes in a genetic mutation.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

No offense but you're a living, breathing contradiction. If you're not religious or hetero, then why are you against gay marriage? Be it the concept or not because it's the same thing, since marriage is a concept.

Dude, you dont have to be part of a certian group to have their views. Are you gay? Do you support gay marriage? Does supporting gay marriage make you gay? What the actual hell?

Dude, you dont have to be part of a certian group to have their views. Are you gay? Do you support gay marriage? Does supporting gay marriage make you gay? What the actual hell?

Dude, I'm simply asking the guy what his reasons are. What the actual hell?

Dude, I'm simply asking the guy what his reasons are. What the actual hell?

Ah My apologies. I forgot we had to have reasons. Reasons are for chumps.

If you're not religious there is no logical reason to be against gay marriage.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

You dont need a reason though. You can feel how ever you feel and thats fine. If your heart, soul, mind what ever makes you feel a certian way, Why should you need to have a reason for being that way?

Im a ninja. I have no actual reason for it. Ive just always been a ninja. Its who I am to the very core. I have no reason, but its how I feel and thats just too bad for you if you cant accept that.

My original post states exactly why.  also I don't see a need for it. you don't have to be married to love someone or to tell the world about it.

Also marriage isn't about a union of people in love, the love part is optional in marriage. It just happens to be the most common cause.

Didn't say my reason was strictly logical, I understand how its illogical to others, hence why I won't tell other gays not to marry. But it makes sense to me. 

Also strictly speaking being religious isn't exactly a logical reason either :P

The thread was about expressing your views and that's what I did.

My views are mine and mine alone and I don't ask anyone else to follow them as they're personal to me.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

Ah My apologies. I forgot we had to have reasons. Reasons are for chumps.

Your cynical responses are not providing anything constructive towards the topic.

This a debate. It's kind of difficult to have one without the other party's reasons behind their defense. I suppose if you were to stand up in court on the defense telling the Judge that "reasons are for chumps" the Judge will not take you seriously and just sentence to w/e punishment he/she sees fit.

You dont need a reason though. You can feel how ever you feel and thats fine. If your heart, soul, mind what ever makes you feel a certian way, Why should you need to have a reason for being that way?

Im a ninja. I have no actual reason for it. Ive just always been a ninja. Its who I am to the very core. I have no reason, but its how I feel and thats just too bad for you if you cant accept that.

Quit trolling.

Your cynical responses are not providing anything constructive towards the topic.

This a debate. It's kind of difficult to have one without the other party's reasons behind their defense. I suppose if you were to stand up in court on the defense telling the Judge that "reasons are for chumps" the Judge will not take you seriously and just sentence to w/e punishment he/she sees fit.

¯\(°_o)/¯

You do, actually. Your views are shaped by your life's experiences.

My original post states exactly why.  also I don't see a need for it. you don't have to be married to love someone or to tell the world about it.

Also marriage isn't about a union of people in love, the love part is optional in marriage. It just happens to be the most common cause.

I saw your original post. It's an argument that holds no weight. And why are you talking about people (gay or not.) that don't want to get married? This isn't about them. This is about the people who do. The fact that you "don't see a need for it" is just silly argument and a pointless one at that.

You say this is just your views and how you feel on the subject. That's fine, but if you can't defend your views with substantial claims that isn't just "fuck all" then don't reply to me.

Didn't say my reason was strictly logical, I understand how its illogical to others, hence why I won't tell other gays not to marry. But it makes sense to me. 

Also strictly speaking being religious isn't exactly a logical reason either :P

The thread was about expressing your views and that's what I did.

My views are mine and mine alone and I don't ask anyone else to follow them as they're personal to me.

Speak for yourself, not others. Just because something isn't a necessity doesn't mean you can deny someone's right to have it. You don't need three Titans to play Age of Empires 2, but I'll let you buy them if your really want. There's a serious problem in this world were people want to stop others from doing something even when it doesn't effect anyone else. It's insane. Mind your own god damn business.

I saw your original post. It's an argument that holds no weight. And why are you talking about people (gay or not.) that don't want to get married? This isn't about them. This is about the people who do. The fact that you "don't see a need for it" is just silly argument and a pointless one at that.

You say this is just your views and how you feel on the subject. That's fine, but if you can't defend your views with substantial claims that isn't just "fuck all" then don't reply to me.

As you don't share my situation or my views, and as this is a picky subject, any validation I have which I find to be valid, will not be something you agree with or understand.

It falls under the same category as all the political correctness BS that is common these days.

The language should not be changed and modified just because some people take offence or don't agree with the definitions. That's not a natural evolution of language.

but hey that's part of having an unorthodox view on a very controversial topic.

Basically my issue with it is from a language standpoint, nothing more.

That's not a natural evolution of language.

That's exactly what a natural evolution of language is. You've basically given the definition of language evolution, then said it's wrong.

Speak for yourself, not others. Just because something isn't a necessity doesn't mean you can deny someone's right to have it. You don't need three Titans to play Age of Empires 2, but I'll let you buy them if your really want. There's a serious problem in this world were people want to stop others from doing something even when it doesn't effect anyone else. It's insane. Mind your own god damn business.

I take it you didn't anything after the first two lines of my post.

and seeing as this thread was about expressing you're views I did that. 

As you don't share my situation or my views, and as this is a picky subject, any validation I have which I find to be valid, will not be something you agree with or understand.

Well no, I'm very open minded. I can put myself in your train of thought and try to figure out your logic pretty well. And I gotta say... I want off this train.

Basically my issue with it is from a language standpoint, nothing more.

Fine.

i love how US laws aren't allowing same sex marriage because it goes against the bible. i'm sorry but wasn't the us created on freedom of religion? and religion is opinion, not fact, you can't base laws off it. others may have different religious views. get over it. and if your all might God is true he will sort out the gays in the rapture so calm the fuck down ._.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I take it you didn't anything after the first two lines of my post.

and seeing as this thread was about expressing you're views I did that. 

Sigh, just another one contributing the ever surmounting mass of irrationality on this earth.