The most upsetting thing about LTT in your opinion ?

TheRisingMyth

When people ask questions that can be easily and quickly answered/solved by using Google.

The issue I have with things like this is that when I want to find something out and I google it my answer usually comes from a forum post of other people asking that before me. So if they hadn't asked, the information would be more difficult to find for me.

because that wasn't why the Linus Tech Tips forums were conceived.

as a community, we should be able to help those that were brave enough to create

a thread and ask for advice. search engines are fine, but not personable nor

helpful without more clicks to solution. also, what counts as an easy question?

that would depend on the thread creators knowledge. easy to you, maybe not

so easy for them. 

And, indeed, respond to their concerns in verse.

When people recommend things at the wrong price. For example: when people recommend a $2000 pc when the person has $5000 to spend. Even when the person says they know it isn't is good price vs performance and they are willing to pay. This also applies to undercutting; I have seen people recommend the $10 zalman mic when the person was planning to spend $100 on a mic...

because that wasn't why the Linus Tech Tips forums were conceived.

as a community, we should be able to help those that were brave enough to create

a thread and ask for advice. search engines are fine, but not personable nor

helpful without more clicks to solution. also, what counts as an easy question?

that would depend on the thread creators knowledge. easy to you, maybe not

so easy for them. 

Also while we may think its a simple problem, what the thread creator can also be doing is looking for other people with that exact problem to share their experience. That's something you don't get from faqs, reviews and general knowledge based websites.

It can be frustrating when you hear "what soundcard to replace X?" for the 50 millionth time, but that's our cue not to read the thread. Or to take a break from that particular sub.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

People in the news section who either directly or indirectly (through an article) use random forum posts as official statements in order to post a topic, only to be officially denied in like a day or two. And in tandem, the people who can't be bothered to read the article link to understand how those posts aren't official statements OR who don't realize how using random forum posts is bad for news.

People who preach the CoC like a shield not understanding what "ad hominem" or "personal attack" is, undermining true harassment (like being told to go kill yourself, thread hijacking out of nowhere to stir shit at someone, or spouting off something racist) . That gets old fast and while still useful ends up sounding as pedantic.

People posting political crap in the off topic section...stop it.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

People posting political crap in the off topic section...stop it.

Umm....its in the off topic section. Almost anything goes. Politics is allowed. Pretty amusing you don't understand what off topic means...

-snip-

I have a Retina Macbook, iPhone 6, X99 rig, Z87 rig and I play the most on a Xbox One. Come at me, fanboys. Like I give a shit. I'll happily use whatever makes me happy and if that offends your sensibilities too much, well, I do have a card to a good therapist. 

People fail to see the shades of grey that life is, instead wanting to push through with the "black or white" mentality. Too hard to accept that some people like Apple. Some people like Samsung. Some people like Xboxs. Some people like "insert your brand here". Whatever. Tech is tech. I criticize stupid things, who doesn't, but do I hate them? Eh. Life is filled with important things. Hating products (or the people who use them) doesn't rank highly on the list. At least for me. For others, it ranks pretty highly. 

I have a Retina Macbook, iPhone 6, X99 rig, Z87 rig and I play the most on a Xbox One. Come at me, fanboys. Like I give a shit. I'll happily use whatever makes me happy...

Exactly, and that's precisely what you should do.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Umm....its in the off topic section. Almost anything goes. Politics is allowed. Pretty amusing you don't understand what off topic means...

Anything goes, but it's not like I report anything like that. It's perfectly allowable, but I still find it quite strange that people will make political polls or discussions better suited for outside this forum.

From the CoC:

There are certain sections of the forum designated for "off topic" and "general" posting of posts that may not fall into one of the already laid out sections of the forum. At all times though, this is a tech centered and focused forum.

Now, I don't care if it's tech or not. But if someone's posts something along the lines of "So what are you guy's thoughts on the middle east?1?" on LTT, even in off topic, I find that extremely out of place.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I think the thing that bugs me the most here is the fanboy types, someone makes a thread asking for help deciding between a 970 and a 980 only to be flooded with people saying they should get AMD cards instead.

So far as the YouTube channel itself goes i think the only thing that annoys me is 2+ part videos, not sure how anything here could be defined as "upsetting" :)

The community.

Seriously, i can ask a simple question and nobody will respond. It really pisses me off, i'm only on LTT to help others at this point because it's pointless trying to get a good response around here.

Except in the audio subforum, shearme you're beautiful

I only really have this problem on stackexchange stuff. Ask a question, 2 hours later 0 replies and 5 edit requests to fix unimportant crap.

I think the thing that bugs me the most here is the fanboy types, someone makes a thread asking for help deciding between a 970 and a 980 only to be flooded with people saying they should get AMD cards instead. So far as the YouTube channel itself goes i think the only thing that annoys me is 2+ part videos, not sure how anything here could be defined as "upsetting" :)

At least we have a good balance of fanboys, so much so that if you aren't a fanboy you will still be labeled one for having an opinion.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Users that think their likes mean anything and think their posts mean anything at all.

Users that try and say "wow this thread is useless" when really their own post is useless.

Ticks me off honestly, some users are just glue guzzlers. Oh well, you meet those type of people out

in the real world anyway.

blackshades on

Users that think their likes mean anything and think their posts mean anything at all.

Users that try and say "wow this thread is useless" when really their own post is useless.

Ticks me off honestly, some users are just glue guzzlers. Oh well, you meet those type of people out

in the real world anyway.

But if you can't pride yourself in post or like count... how do you measure your e-peen?

People complaining about videos, but not really understanding what they are watching.

This thread...

JK ..

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

At least we have a good balance of fanboys, so much so that if you aren't a fanboy you will still be labeled one for having an opinion.

YOU'RE A FANBOY FOR NOT HAVING A OPINION! 

/s

But not really. 

The other frustrating thing is the 12-16 year olds (and even some of the old ones, who I suspect never grew up in a way that developed their social skills) who think in such narrow ways and think what happens on this site represents anything about how real life is. Its kinda sad that this is the generation that is supposed to go to better things when they demonstrate such narrow minded asshattery. I know I was bad as a kid, who wasn't, but some people here just amaze me. 

In all the wrong ways. 

I'm pretty tired of the "What is your favorite Cherry MX switch" thread being made every 5 minutes...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Complaints about LMG: I dont work for them yet

Complaints about LTT: Spam is getting out of hand and a few people are too aggressive about "Shitposting"

Complaints about LTT: Spam is getting out of hand and a few people are too aggressive about "Shitposting"

This ^

And people complaining about reposts...

On the forum I don't like the instant shitposts and spam on new threads.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

When people are dicks about other people's builds because it isn't something they would necesarily do.

For example:

person a lists his build

person b says something to the effect of, "why would you use this if you're not even going to <blank>??"

You get the picture.

I also hate the dudes who've been around here forever who think their opinion matters more than everyone elses because of that. Elitists are annoying.

-sniperino-

No offense but that giving advice.

a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

If a OP posts something they must prepared to receive suggestions.

Just my two cents.