The most upsetting thing about LTT in your opinion ?

TheRisingMyth

Since I came back the community has seemed to have gotten worse. Only + was that I/O got banned. (Or so I've heard).

So the community is definitely the worst part for me.

It also encompasses all the fanboys/spammers/trolls under one umbrella.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I've seen too many fanboys here...

Since I came back the community has seemed to have gotten worse. Only + was that I/O got banned. (Or so I've heard).

So the community is definitely the worst part for me.

It also encompasses all the fanboys/spammers/trolls under one umbrella.

Long time, no see... and yes, @I/O got banned back around September (or was it October) if I recall correctly...

@Builder is back, and @LukaP is reducing activity (blame the 970 issue and the fanboys involved)...

Some topics in troubleshooting where the question can be answered by 5 seconds of googling and can hide the people who really need help. 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

When people are dicks about other people's builds because it isn't something they would necesarily do.

For example:

person a lists his build

person b says something to the effect of, "why would you use this if you're not even going to <blank>??"

You get the picture.

I also hate the dudes who've been around here forever who think their opinion matters more than everyone elses because of that. Elitists are annoying.

I do that pretty often, but it's not to be rude. It's to save people a LOT of money and buyer's remorse.

If someone has a $2,500 build set up, but they only will need a $1,000 build... I will tell them and give them a better option.

Also, many times I will change the parts for something they need more, especially in work builds.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

-sniperino-

Exactly , giving opinions inst rude.

Its what OP is asking.

Sometimes im like get a msi 290x and save 50 bucks because that gtx 970 is almost 360 bucks.

Things of that nature

Exactly , giving opinions inst rude.

Its what OP is asking.

Sometimes im like get a msi 290x and save 50 bucks because that gtx 970 is almost 360 bucks.

Things of that nature

I mean, a lot of the time they ignore it, but it's better to help who you can.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Is that a thing?

Oh god.

in the new video about the racing cockpit :(

People in the comments who think they are experts...

CPU : 4670k MOBO : MSI Z87 G45  RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Graphics : MSI GTX660 OC Twin Frozr (Unfortunately) PSU :Corsair CX600M Storage : Crucial mx100 256GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm  OS : Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 

No offense but that giving advice.

If a OP posts something they must prepared to receive suggestions.

Just my two cents.

There's a difference between what all you guys defending this position are saying and what i'm actually referring to. There's being a dick, and there's giving advice. I've seen both. I'm referring to the former. It's far too common on these forums, and on any tech forums really. Looks like i hit a nerve with some of the culprits perhaps, lol.

There's a difference between what all you guys defending this position are saying and what i'm actually referring to. There's being a dick, and there's giving advice. I've seen both. I'm referring to the former. It's far too common on these forums, and on any tech forums really. Looks like i hit a nerve with some of the culprits perhaps, lol.

I've seen people who are being helped be rude more often than the other way. (I do see both but...)

I do that pretty often, but it's not to be rude. It's to save people a LOT of money and buyer's remorse.

If someone has a $2,500 build set up, but they only will need a $1,000 build... I will tell them and give them a better option.

Also, many times I will change the parts for something they need more, especially in work builds.

That's fine. Like i said, there's nothing wrong with advising people. I personally havent seen you be an a-hole.

I find its people who ask for your opinion then flat out refuse to take in anything you say. 

Also people who haven't got a clue what they are talking about but then they go on and on and on about it like they major'd in that subject.

Ignorance thats the word I was thinking of, Ignorant members who's only care is to extend his own epenis.

nVida vs AMD

Intel vs AMD

Apple Computers vs Every other PC

iOS vs Android vs Windows Phone

It seems that a few ignorant & spiteful people are rotting the core of the community, sure we could ban them all but then it wouldn't be as relaxed as it is now as no one could have a proper debate without being afraid to be banned.

The core fix to the community is this.

- Ignore the Trolls

- If someone is fanboying out then ignore them as they are a troll themselves.

Done

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

seconded ............. 

console sympathizers are a big issue 

and circklejerkers ... the guys who wont move on "cough" @zappian " cough" 

also those who read but wont help in when asking for solutions 

>guys

>zappian is female

>female = girl

>girls don't exist on the internet

>next best thing is a grill

>zappian = grill

You must be the Illuminati. 

When people recommend things at the wrong price. For example: when people recommend a $2000 pc when the person has $5000 to spend. Even when the person says they know it isn't is good price vs performance and they are willing to pay. This also applies to undercutting; I have seen people recommend the $10 zalman mic when the person was planning to spend $100 on a mic...

I pre-ordered a 980 K|NGP|N. 

preparing for the storm. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The forum itself is decently set up. Most complaints here seem to about the user base.

Here's some more then:

"I'm more logical than you."

"You're just an ignorant youth." 

I don't think I need to explain how those get annoying.

As long as certain groups don't comment, the first comments on the first two-three pages of any thread in news (or similar hot topics) are generally the only ones worth reading. (unless of course you're like me and like to get a kick out of people arguing over something nonsensically)

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

-snip-

If any back and forth dissolves into English becoming a foreign language for me (meaning that people are posting paragraph upon paragraph of garbled mumbo jumbo) then the best idea is to skip over them.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

The community. I seriously love you guys, but there's some shit you do that drives me fucking nuts. It's blind love for Valve is one and the constant spam in the off-topic, especially announcing arbitrary post milestones that nobody really gives a fuck about are two big things. The main one is the people that take any chance they can to repeat an unfunny joke that's been run into the ground so much that... well, I'm not very good at analogies, but for the love of fucking god, stop with the 'Ubisoft keep on digging' shit. It's reached 'the cake is a lie' levels of tiresome..

The most upsetting thing about the forum is that there's people going around with overclockable hardware and not pushing it. 

Push and then find a nice stable. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The most upsetting thing about the forum is that there's people going around with overclockable hardware and not pushing it.

I'll do it eventually. :P

I have to agree with the people who said bad recommendations. I ask for a build for a friend. I specify no overclocking will happen so two different people put i5 4690K's in the builds  :angry:

Edit: Oh and whoever decides 7 part videos over months is a good idea.

Computer Spec: CPU: i5 4690K @ 4.85GHz Delided    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Hero    RAM: Corsair Vengence 2*4GB    GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970    PSU: Corsair RM650    Boot Drive: Crucial MX100 256GB SSD    Storage: 1TB WD Blue HDD   Case: NZXT H440 Red and Black 

Cooling: EK PWM D5 Pump & EK 140ML RES Combo unit , EK Supremacy Evo CPU Block , 360mm Alphacool Radiator , 3 Noctua NF-F12 Fans on the radiator , Some fancy fittings

I'll do it eventually. :P

good :)