The most upsetting thing about LTT in your opinion ?

TheRisingMyth

Surly only one person needs to inform the person, politely. Not "REPOST!!!"

if the one that claims repost would paste the link in that comment showing that it

is factually a repost is enough and then report the OP post for repost. simply

commenting that it is a repost has no merit and is considered SPAM.

this is what helps the community more than post-count comments of repost.

if the one that claims repost would paste the link in that comment showing that it

is factually a repost is enough and then report the OP post for repost. simply

commenting that it is a repost has no merit and is considered SPAM.

this is what helps the community more than post-count comments of repost.

So should we report the posts that only say "Repost!!!"?

So should we report the posts that only say "Repost!!!"?

not really (the report system would be clogged with such issues).

Fanboyism.

I have seen alot of people reccomend products because they are fanboys and don't look at what the person's needs are.

This happened a few days ago. Someone had some cash and wanted to know what to upgrade, he said his 8350 didn't bottleneck anything so he didn't see any reason to do anything with that. Guess what everyone was reccomending? GO REPLACE YOUR AMD WITH INTEL!!! why dahell would he do that if his 8350 is fine for his purposes. Just stop STOP IT!

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Bad recommendations, Lack of testing when it comes to mouse (no enotus test, click latency test, etc) and all the stupid immature innuendo jokes

I'm assuming you're referring to @LinusTech.  Everyone has their own tastes, especially in humor.  I think it would be a wrong for Linus to change his mannerisms.  That's a part of what makes the man.  To change would be to conform to a preconceived notion of himself.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

we should follow the Core Values. Linus and Luke are exceptions as they

expressed in the last WAN show, although they are members they are open

to criticism, but the membership is off-limits to that kind of bashing and

attacks.

@zappian

leave the innuendo to the off-topic sub forum is best as the serious needs

in the tech-side of the forums needs to be observed, because these threads

usually are situations that might be understood as dire and important. flicking 

quip/snide comments lowers the value of the forums service and does not

forward the OPs needs to a quick solution.

Core Values
Generally speaking, as long as the following rules are met you should never find yourself subject to disciplinary action:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others.
  • Comply with both US and Canadian law
  • Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • No "lmgtfy" style posts or demeaning posts targeted at anyone.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

@msquare

Hey i take offense to that.

I have moved on , I even un followed the GPU sub forum.

You keep taging me to bring that up , who hasn't moved on?

Second time now :#

not really (the report system would be clogged with such issues).

So I can assume you guys crack down on that without reports then?

About the issues people have with consoles:

Isn't this a tech forum in general? Why bash console players for doing something they enjoy?

I play PC personally but if I'm at a friends house and we drink beer, we play his PS3.

In my mind a tech forum should be all about the tech, regardless of whether its on a desk or in an entertainment center.

News articles on things I could not care less about (new phones, new apple products [unless apple fucks up and gets in trouble, then I care])

The number of console enablers/sympathizers

Again, it is a tech forum... and there is always going to be some part you don't care about. But the new iPad/Phone/Mac etc is still technology, and say what you want, but they do have some incredible manufacturing at their disposal.

In my mind, if you don't care, don't read it.

And I'm not trying to argue, either.

Just my $.02

@Trik'Stari

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Isn't this a tech forum in general? Why bash console players for doing something they enjoy?

I play PC personally but if I'm at a friends house and we drink beer, we play his PS3.

In my mind a tech forum should be all about the tech, regardless of whether its on a desk or in an entertainment center.

Just my $.02

Nah man. We gotta hate on the consoles and it's players because they're the bane of society (somehow) and they're holding back gaming (somehow).

/s

Just my $.02

It depends, doesn't it? There are always going to be people who prefer the console, couch gaming experience, and that's fine. I don't like the "console peasant" bullshit. But I think holding Sony and Microsoft to account for releasing actual turds and charging nearly £400 for them is kind of vital, especially on a tech forum. But it should be about the tech, and not the people.

It depends, doesn't it? There are always going to be people who prefer the console, couch gaming experience, and that's fine. I don't like the "console peasant" bullshit. But I think holding Sony and Microsoft to account for releasing actual turds and charging nearly £400 for them is kind of vital, especially on a tech forum. But it should be about the tech, and not the people.

Bringing up the issues is fine. Degrading the people who actually want to use it, or just need help troubleshooting... in my book that is just wrong.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Bringing up the issues is fine. Degrading the people who actually want to use it, or just need help troubleshooting... in my book that is just wrong.

I agree. And conflating the two comes back to the fanboyism other people have been mentioning too :)

Again, it is a tech forum... and there is always going to be some part you don't care about. But the new iPad/Phone/Mac etc is still technology, and say what you want, but they do have some incredible manufacturing at their disposal.

In my mind, if you don't care, don't read it.

And I'm not trying to argue, either.

Just my $.02

@Trik'Stari

Nah man. We gotta hate on the consoles and it's players because they're the bane of society (somehow) and they're holding back gaming (somehow).

/s

C'mon guys, you know no one does any of that,  it's all just satire remember. :rolleyes:

my biggest issue is this black and white thinking, people get into a camp and that's it, almost no amount of proof is enough.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

When people ask questions that can be easily and quickly answered/solved by using Google.

When people ask questions that can be easily and quickly answered/solved by using Google.

because that wasn't why the Linus Tech Tips forums were conceived.

as a community, we should be able to help those that were brave enough to create

a thread and ask for advice. search engines are fine, but not personable nor

helpful without more clicks to solution. also, what counts as an easy question?

that would depend on the thread creators knowledge. easy to you, maybe not

so easy for them. 

The way that contributing works, as if LMG is a charity organization instead of a commercial company. In business there is an invention for these so called "donations" shares which you can buy on the stock market.

Interested in Business and Technology

Having 8 gazillion different episodes in a series that should be done in one, or possibly two shows at the most. Some exceptions are fine, e.g the whole room water cooling but then there is one or two that simply take the mick.