You know you're a techie when. . .

When you wan't a mechanical keyboard but your parents don't get it. "But mom, It's CLICKY!"

I wanted a mechanical keyboard so I bought it. The only piece of tech my parents have bought me this decade was a second monitor for chrismas so I could program faster.

When you drill holes in obsolete hardware and make necklaces out of them and become a new age Mr. T because you are wearing so much Tech around your neck. I frequently call my ram necklaces "memory charms" it makes me laugh every time

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

when you wont settle for ltt's second best Gpu(770 in my case) so you dedicate a day for overclocking, and you check the weather forecast to make sure its a cold day.

When you go to buy a new tech related item and you're confronted with a salesman you nearly giggle at how silly his ill-informed sales pitch sounds.

*cough* HSN! *cough* QVC *cough* THIS VIDEO!! Not quite tech, but still makes them look like idiots....*cough* 

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

When people discuss network engineering stuff like half/full-duplex, 10/100/1000 ports and cable categories, and you understand what they're talking about.

When you've actually BUILD (not kidding, with four other guys but still) the IT infrastructure in your school making it one of the most advanced schools IT-wise in your country

When you laid some fancy fibre cable threw the crawl space of your school to connect the big cisco switches on the other side of the building with the terminal server

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

I want to do that, but I feel I'd get yelled at for bringing my keyboard with MX Blues, and would bring my other one with MX Clears and people would begin asking me why the hell they take so much force to press down and why I can do it easily... I actually bottom out Clears with no real trouble. :/

i hate the kbs at school we have these dell ones that have mountains or dirt in them and make an horrible noise and takes a lot of force to push the keys down

Taking apart pc's, cleaning them, and putting them back together again is what you do in your spare time.

No one has any idea what your saying.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

When you have nearly 3k posts on a PC based forum

When I had gotten 2k post in 3 months

Because he had a hard drive.

When they call you a nerd, but you're actually a GEEK!

Reminded me of this

Well I though I was a techie... then I saw this thread and all the "requirements", now I feel like a noob.

Same. I like to think I know stuff.....

Yea I know these are a few months old! I don't care! I made it through all 28 pages of this thread just to replay to them!!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Yea I know these are a few months old! I don't care! I made it through all 28 pages of this thread just to replay to them!!

You should start a new thread - "You know you have no life when.... "  :D

When you open the command prompt and all the people around you think you can hack.

When you use apt-get instead of Ubuntu software center because it's faster. (Ubuntu thing)

When you use Linux as you main Of.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

You know your a techie when you...

- have a flash drive on you belt with all the versions of Windows and Linux with all of your favorite programs

- You have a separate dedicated desk for fixing your friends computer

- You have a box (Moving box) of ram, HDD, etc.

- You have Hal 9000 as your profile picture.

- You have a dvd case full of installation disks....

I could go on and on but i don't have time.

"There are 10 kind of people who understand binary, those who do and those who don't"

When they call you a nerd, but you're actually a GEEK!

I don't even know what those two therm mean

- You have Hal 9000 as your profile picture.

quite disagree there is also 2001 space odyssey fan that have this pics

"There are 10 kind of people who understand binary, those who do and those who don't"

And those who weren't expecting this joke to be in base 3.

When you get into trouble for using inspect element, and people think you are hacking

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM