You know you're a techie when. . .

When you wan't a mechanical keyboard but your parents don't get it. "But mom, It's CLICKY!"

"But theyre all the same...?" -Dad

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

you make your own ftp android app because all the free apps are trash.

your friends look at your task bar and can't even name one program or its function.

your idea of "fun" is to fix your friend's pc problems; no matter how simple.

have multiple usb sticks that have been sharpied with the name of an os.

you have a box of graphics cards just in-case a friend tries to build a cheap pc. "EHYYyy this GTX 275 will hold you until you can get more money for a fast card."  B)

you know how to watch Star Wars in the command prompt or terminal.

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

When you slowly turn your friends into techies

Oh my...

I just realized I did this to my best friend....

When you flat out refuse to use wireless peripherals.

When you constantly bitch about having to use the shitty Apple membrane keyboards at school.

When you are having some "alone time" and absent-mindedly start thinking about parts.

When the computer teacher lets you dick around in computer class because you are so far ahead of everyone the material isn't worth paying attention to.

When you open chrome with command prompt just because it makes you feel superior to the non-techies.

When your notebook doodles are watercooling plans you wish you could do, tech company logos, your rig, and graphics cards.

When you have a no food or drink within 10 feet of my rig rule.

When you are not using your rig, your working on it, or thinking about when you can use it again.

When you offer to build your friends pcs every few months.

When you use a keyboard cover to keep dust off it when you aren't using it.

When you care for your rig better than your room.

When you run an Internet speediest everyday to see if you can complain about your internet speeds.

Look at my shiny. The logo lights up

You know your a techie when you...

- have a flash drive on you belt with all the versions of Windows and Linux with all of your favorite programs

- You have a separate dedicated desk for fixing your friends computer

- You have a box (Moving box) of ram, HDD, etc.

- You have Hal 9000 as your profile picture.

- You have a dvd case full of installation disks....

I could go on and on but i don't have time.

"There are 10 kind of people who understand binary, those who do and those who don't"

You said it wrong. There are 11 types of people on this world: Those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who pretend to for the sake of this joke.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

You have garage full off pc components. and you can build you friend a computer and still have to much stuff. 

When you have to sleep on the couch because every surface in your room is covered in disassembled computers

Pics coming once my motherboard returns from RMA

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

@waggythegeek

01000101 01001000 +

That's not eh! Is true!

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

When you have literally built a computer in your sleep, and ty green n validated ask your steps once awake, but are still Saving for your first build

I spent money on it. It was worth it to me. I even had high-end hardware for the time Vista was released and can say the performance difference and everything else about 7 was worth it. I would almost say the 7 to 8 upgrade would be worth it but for most people it isn't. It is a better performer but most people hate the UI.

I love the 8 UI!

When your Linux server doubles as your alarmclock.  :v  And not only does it play music at a different time each day (depending on which class you have to wake up for :P), it also talks afterwards, telling you the date, time, and year.  As well as reminds you 40 minutes before your first class starts, telling you which class you have and which room it's in.  :P

(I run multiple virtual servers on my server, and the host OS (Ubuntu Server 14.04) runs my alarm clock)

As well as when you have an entire shed filled with computer parts you found on the side of the road or in electronics recycling drop offs (found a plasma screen TV there once, only had to replace two capacitors and it works just like new other than the little bit of burn-in it has :P).

And when you have a computer lab with 6 computers in that same shed to play the game "Artimis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator".  And you only have to turn one computer on which then sends a WoL packet to all the other computers and turns everything on (that computer can also be turned on from my phone :P).  And upon shutting down that computer it SSH's into all the other computers to shut them down as well.  And they all have "wireless" Internet via a Linksys router with DD-WRT (that's been wirelessly bridged with the other router in my house).

>Runs crazy servers

>Says 'newbie' above picture.

LOL

When you want to track the person down who said "I get home from school, get a snack and turn on the cpu." wtf

I just felt like I needed somthing here

When you meet a girl and the first thing you say about yourself is "I build computers."

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

When you get into arguments with ones who know nothing.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

When people are like: "I need to do what?"

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

You said it wrong. There are 11 types of people on this world: Those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who pretend to for the sake of this joke.

That doesn't make sense. 10 refers to the on and off nature of binary code. When people say there are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't, they mean that there are two types of people because again, you have on and off. If it was a joke, it failed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

That doesn't make sense. 10 refers to the on and off nature of binary code. When people say there are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't, they mean that there are two types of people because again, you have on and off. If it was a joke, it failed.

10 is 2 in binary. 11 is 3 in binary.

I win

when a class on UNIX is great fun

also when you talk about unix every one else thinks EUNUCH something  COMPLETLY different.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

10 is 2 in binary. 11 is 3 in binary.

You are correct. I used a binary translator originally but I found a page called mathisfun.com on counting binary. 3 is indeed 11 in binary.

http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-number-system.html

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch