You know you're a techie when. . .

... when you try to cable managment everything. EVERYTHING. it's driving me crazy.

... when you try to cable managment everything. EVERYTHING. it's driving me crazy.

I get you man

Thankyou,

Hitman123

When someone asks for a build that can run BF at some setting, under a budget, and you without hesitation list different components and their tradeoffs. 

When you're thinking about buying more noisedampening even though your pc is barely audible under load.

When you install Linux on anything and everything in sight... just because.

When you tell people to give you their old PCs and laptops instead of throwing them away so you can bring them back to life... and install Linux on them... just because. :P

When you have your main PC and a handful of other PCs and laptops laying around in various states of restoration/functionality.

When you have overflowing drawers and boxes of spare parts/cables.

When you have a bunch of external HDD laying around with random backed up data and a spare USB stick with your favorite Linux distro on it.

When you're waiting for at least one part to be returned from RMA at any given time...

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

When you cant help but buy more mechanical keyboards just because you love them. 

HAHA, I wish I had money to buy one  :(  :D

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

When you cant help but buy more mechanical keyboards just because you love them. 

yes. i've done this. and now i dont know where to put them. HAHAHAHA

Lo and Behold

When you get asked to help with every remotely tech-related issue by EVERYONE in school...

Not only computers...I am ALWAYS the one doing lighting and sound for any kind of event in school...

my school actually hired me to do lighting and sound, Most of the time it's just sitting there doing nothing, but getting paid $8.15 untaxed :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

my school actually hired me to do lighting and sound, Most of the time it's just sitting there doing nothing, but getting paid $8.15 untaxed :P

I dont get paid nothing when my school does that. Fuckin cheapskates. 

When your teacher is having computer problems and you easily know how to fix it.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

When your closet is full of PC part boxes

When you can heat your room with your PC, not your heater

When you get frustrated at people who don't know simple tech things

When you would rather carry around a 12 lbs gaming laptop instead of a macbook pro

When you can point out small things that people do wrong with their phone/computer

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

when you bring a mechanical keyboard to middle school because you cant use a school keyboard. 

when you can speak and not make any sense to the Technology teacher at school

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

You go and tell your dad about new tech even though he probably doesn't understand what you're saying, because you are too exited and you need to share your exitement.

When a friend comes and tells you something cool they read about hardware, and you know it months ago.

When normal guys think about girls before sleep, and i think about graphics cards and good looking cases AND girls.

When your youtube history is about tech reviews of all kinds.

When you'd rather upgrade your pc in any possible way than buying new pants, no matter the condition of em (My current situation, not kidding lol).

I agree with every single last one of these. Soooooooo accurate xD

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

when you bring a mechanical keyboard to middle school because you cant use a school keyboard.

If i had one I would.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

When you start a viral thread on a tech forum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Ohhh... Can't stand anything but keyboards with blue switched now.

I am dirty dirty boy

^this when it is your IT teacher.

"How do I get the computer screen on the smart board/ tv"

It's literally 1 cord you plug in...

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

When you constantly shake your head in public listening to other people complain about tech

When you cry because your gpu died , and the company won't get back to me about an rma , yes diamond I'm talking about you .

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

ahahahahah that's so cool

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

ahahahahah that's so cool

Yeah, though there are like 7 other people who have the same job as me, so its sort of taking turns for who works what event. (Usually its just 1-2 of us per event)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W