You know you're a techie when. . .

When you are on a tech forum often at 4am helping people with troubleshooting :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

1, 10, 11, 100, 101, 110, 111, 1000

In a base x number system, each number represents that number times x to the power of y-1, where y is the space that the digit occupies. For instance, in our regular base ten number system, 39 means 3*10^1, because the 3 occupies the second slot, and 2-1=1,+9*10^0. Since 10^0=1, 9*1=9. 10^1=10, *3=30. 30+0=39. In binary, 100111 means 1*2^0+1*2^1+1*2^2+0*2^3+0*2^4+1*2^5

Reduced 1*1+1*2+1*4+0*8+0*16+1*32

Reduced 1+2+4+0+0+32

Reduced 39

Binary is just base 2. Try fooling around with different bases, like base 6. Just remember, each base x system has x digits, with the highest digit being x-1. X is always represented as 10. Have fun, 01001111 01001010?

EDIT: LOL, the binary at the end was supposed to be 01001111 01001011

That's what I get for not actually using a binary translator.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

You think your smart enough not to get any viruses you dont install any antivirus... then you download an antivirus 

When you're sad to see the last post of this thread.

When you're sad to see the last post of this thread.

Welp, you're not the last post, I AM NOW.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Welp, you're not the last post, I AM NOW.

not anymore

I just felt like I needed somthing here

not anymore

DAMMIT! Wait a minute... HAHA!! I WIN!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

DAMMIT! Wait a minute... HAHA!! I WIN!!

But You dont.

I just felt like I needed somthing here

when...

About 8 GTX960 videos are showing as 'watched' in your sub box a day after they arrived there

I don't mind being shunned from the 'techie' community for just being a sad bastard though, I'll understand ;)

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

But You dont.

Lololo, beetchu awl

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

You feel the need to scavenge PC parts wherever you can find them, and this ^

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

ZuluGod, on 25 Jan 2015 - 01:50 AM, said:

You think your smart enough not to get any viruses you dont install any antivirus... then you download an antivirus 

weakling, I torrented with no antivirus an was fine, as proof to a friend I downloaded an antivirus to scan it then uninstalled it after it said no virus's detected

weakling, I torrented with no antivirus an was fine, as proof to a friend I downloaded an antivirus to scan it then uninstalled it after it said no virus's detected

Oh, yea torrents are a thing, no viruses still

You know you're a techie when. . .

you bring your own mechanical keyboard when you help a friend overclock his PC

you wear a usb drive on your wrist with the latest Ubuntu release

I'd like to hear your stories. see if I share any of the experiences.

adding a few more

your friend who was a computer tech at a neighboring high school hits you when you tell her it was in fact you who found and shared the bios password generator(thank you dogbert)

you have at least two pieces of tech on your person at all times

and most importantly:

you will NEVER use any computer without an SSD, even at school or work

When someone calls a desktop a cpu

Omg my brain

When i am addicted to pcpartpicker hahah

When i look as hard as i can in a pc to see the specs

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

When you absolutely cringe when people aren't using shortcuts and doing things by right mouse clicks, let even alone getting in chrome going to google.com clicking the searchbar and then typing. 

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

Ok Another one. When you take hours of making a build in PCPP but will never build it

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

... you use normal shortcuts and everyone is impressed and thinks you are a hacker.

... you get super excited at multiple year old hardware like an hd5970 or even better Geforce 2 Ultra.

... you unplug you hdd and power led's on your pc so then don't blind you when you are folding over night O.o

... your friends talk about their awesome PCs and you just listen and don't try to correct their bullshit.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

When you bypass the schools firewall by using HTTPS.

When a Mechanical keyboard is your first upgrade. (Typed on a Corsair K70 with Red Switches)

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

when people frequently call you a techie.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

ZuluGod, on 27 Jan 2015 - 12:19 AM, said:

Oh, yea torrents are a thing, no viruses still

I did happen to download a virus once but just removed it myself, that computer still works.

Yup. School has a really shitty firewall if we can access Facebook and YouTube by doing the HTTP/HTTPS switch-a-roo

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Husky, on 27 Jan 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

does not work in my school anymore, hell they even blocked tor, proxies won't connect, it's getting really annoying

does not work in my school anymore, hell they even blocked tor, proxies won't connect, it's getting really annoying

I'm still not Teaching

Because he had a hard drive.