I'm still not Teaching

that's fine, ill find a way

It is a malicious site!

post-89076-0-39683900-1422382513_thumb.j

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

WHAT????? Was replying to another thread but it put it here??????????

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

when your own and other families go to you for free tech support on a more than weekly basis!!

Refresh LTT page nonstop Continuously when site goes down for 9 hours xD

Details separate people.

random people- that you've never seen before in the school -asking you for help with tech related thingies 

IT department calling you for help even though you were 14 years old 

having an Ethernet cable , external hdd  and a small usb always with you in case if anything happens 

getting low marks in ICT classes because the teacher thinks that you are trying to show off unnecessary skills

building PC's for everyone you know -even people you don't know - 

The part where the "Low marks in ICT classes because the teacher thinks that you're trying to show off unnecessary skills" I can relate to.

I've had a teacher tell me to stop being big headed. 

This thread is quite cool #Followed.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

When in class everyone looks to u when something goes wrong on a computer, and teachers call you to their room to fix something over the tech guys getting paid .-. senior year was fun because i was hardly in class due to that...

When in class everyone looks to u when something goes wrong on a computer, and teachers call you to their room to fix something over the tech guys getting paid .-. senior year was fun because i was hardly in class due to that...

today:

-a teacher from some random class called me to fix the class's projector, the HDMI cable was faulty, I spent 10 minutes convincing her that it won't work and they need to ask the maintenance to get a new cable, I gave up and told her I was too ashamed that I don't know what is wrong with the projector then told her that my friend knows how to solve this problem, she (my friend) came back after 45 minutes, spent all of that time just staring at the monitor

-Youtube Videos didn't load on my Biology-teacher's laptop, she was using IE9 freaking 9, she called me to two other classes to "fix the problem" by opening the link on google chrome.

CPU:AMD FX-8320, RAM:Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600, GPU:MSI Radeon R9 280, Case:Cooler Master 690 III, PSU:Thermaltake Smart 650W

Storage:WD Purple 1TB, CPU Cooler:Hyper 212 EVO, Keyboard:SCI Granite, OS:win 8.1 64bit, Display:Samsung SyncMaster SA100, Mouse:CM Storm Spawn

You know you are a techie, when you carry around Dragons Lair on 13 floppy disk, at all time.

When i am part of the selected few in my school that know what a bios is :/

I can get into the bios of my schools computers and change stuff... sadly non K processors, instead those S or U line (i cant remember exact model) I5's... (Would be nice to see the computer explode!)

Finally when everybody asks you for help in anything tech related.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

When someone asks you for a build for a certain price and you can name off every peice and what it costs

When you buy a mouse for every genre of game

When you have 20+ flash drives in your desk

When you check the specs of every device you use weather it's yours or not

When you have a shelf of lower end GPUs that you only bought to see how they preform and never use them again

When you switch your PC case every 6 months

When you have monitors off different resolutions so you can play older games at 4K new games at 1080p and slightly older games at 1440p

When you have a mechanical keyboard of every switch type

When you have a almost as good backup CPU in case your main one breaks

When someone asks you what device you are using and you follow up what it's called with the specs

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

When you absolutely cringe when people aren't using shortcuts and doing things by right mouse clicks, let even alone getting in chrome going to google.com clicking the searchbar and then typing. 

Omg the Google search makes me cringe!!!

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom.CPU: i5 6600k w/ H100i

PSU: Corsair RM 850GPU:  GTX 980 Ti Case: NZXT 820 Full Tower

When there is a fully functional it service in the office and still everyone comes to you ( maybe because my boss wrote an e mail to all my co-workers, that they should come to me, when there is a problem with their pc's)

CPU: i7 5930k @4.3 GHz, Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe, RAM: 32 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport ddr4 (2400 MHz), GPU: 2 x Gigabyte gtx 970 G1 Gaming @ 1500 MHz,

Case: Corsair obsidian 750d, Storage: Samsung 850 Pro ssd (512GB) and 3TB WD Black, PSU: Coolermaster v850, Display: Asus Rog swift,                             

Cooling: Coolermaster Nepton 280L, Keyboard: Corsair Vengence K70 RGB (Mx-red), Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD Optical, Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR paired with Audioengine A5+ 

does not work in my school anymore, hell they even blocked tor, proxies won't connect, it's getting really annoying

They blocked all exe's at my school, including Tor so we just put it in AppData or ProgramFiles

I don't even know what those two therm mean

This should explain it:

At least it explained it for me. And by those criteria I am clearly more nerdy than I am geeky.

does not work in my school anymore, hell they even blocked tor, proxies won't connect, it's getting really annoying

Pretty sure connecting to a VPN over port 80 TCP can bypass most if not all firewalls. At least it works on my school's network which blocked all the other ports that I tried :(

Yes I'm that guy that host his own VPN on his home router so that he can access his home server with basically ensured security. In fact that could be a good example of when you know you're a techie...

*Teacher*: Okay guys, were going to watch this movie, but be silent ok? 

*class*: Yells OKAAAAY

*Teacher clicks on the movie file* 

*Computer* PLONK Windows Media Player Can't play this file.

*Class* Yells; MATTHEW FIX IT!!!!!!!

*Me* Ok... *Opens file with VLC instead of media player*

*Class* Yells: HAHA NERD YOU FIXED IT AGAIN LOL

*Teacher* Thank you matthew, happy you're around as always :D

And well that happens every day or so

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

And all the pc's of my school have network sharing on, and i know the name of my school head so if i want i can just map a network drive to his pc :I

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

*Teacher*: Okay guys, were going to watch this movie, but be silent ok? 

*class*: Yells OKAAAAY

*Teacher clicks on the movie file* 

*Computer* PLONK Windows Media Player Can't play this file.

*Class* Yells; MATTHEW FIX IT!!!!!!!

*Me* Ok... *Opens file with VLC instead of media player*

*Class* Yells: HAHA NERD YOU FIXED IT AGAIN LOL

*Teacher* Thank you matthew, happy you're around as always :D

And well that happens every day or so

Doesnt that happen to everyone on this forum? Isnt that the reason we all are here, so we can talk to people who know what good software is? :P

And all the pc's of my school have network sharing on, and i know the name of my school head so if i want i can just map a network drive to his pc :I

Done done done and done! I found my schools Software Center server and *possibly* got a few installers...

when you spend more than 2 hours on your computer a day.

when you spend more than 2 hours on your computer a day.

lol wut anyone with a work that involves computer already do that. And all my family spend more than 5 hour a day in front of a computer while not knowing anything. It's more of wanting to know than anything else.

When you explain the process of building a computer and everyone gets lost. 

Has someone taken your faith?

Its real, the pain you feel. 

You go through the old computers from your computer lab, that are just about to go to e-waste and you snatch as much DDR2 and DDR3 and slap it all into your dad's old 1999 Dell Desktop.

when you have to unique problem of realizing that you "don't use your (insert device here) often enough

when you daisy chain 4 power strips (fire hazard, anyone?) to power all your l33t hax0r gear

when you don't have enough usb wall adapters to charge everything you own

when you use 30 GB of LTE every month (true story)

if you get withdrawal symptoms when your phone dies

when you own a smart watch (and subsequently have to explain to people what a pebble is)

THE VECTOR:

Intel Core i5-4690 @ stock - Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H - EVGA GTX 770 SC - A-DATA XPG 2.0 16GB 1866 - Cooler Master N200 - Seagate 1 TB Hybrid Drive - Corsair CX600M - ASUS VX238H 23" 1080p

Husky, on 27 Jan 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

WHAT????? Was replying to another thread but it put it here??????????

when you have so many threads open on a tech forum you've lost track of which one you are posting in... :)