You know you're a techie when. . .

ZuluGod, on 27 Jan 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

They blocked all exe's at my school, including Tor so we just put it in AppData or ProgramFiles

when I say they blocked tor I mean the computer you used tor on has been cut off from the network completely for a few days and again if you try and use tor...

MeepLikesToBuildPc's, on 27 Jan 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

*Teacher*: Okay guys, were going to watch this movie, but be silent ok? 

*class*: Yells OKAAAAY

*Teacher clicks on the movie file* 

*Computer* PLONK Windows Media Player Can't play this file.

*Class* Yells; MATTHEW FIX IT!!!!!!!

*Me* Ok... *Opens file with VLC instead of media player*

*Class* Yells: HAHA NERD YOU FIXED IT AGAIN LOL

*Teacher* Thank you matthew, happy you're around as always :D

And well that happens every day or so

that gave me deja-vu, as that has happened to me exactly the way it happened to you, and even more so that my name is also Matthew

*Teacher*: Okay guys, were going to watch this movie, but be silent ok? 

*class*: Yells OKAAAAY

*Teacher clicks on the movie file* 

*Computer* PLONK Windows Media Player Can't play this file.

*Class* Yells; MATTHEW FIX IT!!!!!!!

*Me* Ok... *Opens file with VLC instead of media player*

*Class* Yells: HAHA NERD YOU FIXED IT AGAIN LOL

*Teacher* Thank you matthew, happy you're around as always :D

And well that happens every day or so

lol my school sucks. All the teachers call on that one Asian Girl who gets straight A+'s and uses nothing but macs.

Because there was no VGA on the macbook's they had to daisy chain a mini dp to a dvi to vga, when there was a mini dp cable hanging off the wall..

I told the teacher and he said, " Let ___ do whatever she needs to do"

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

lol my school sucks. All the teachers call on that one Asian Girl who gets straight A+'s and uses nothing but macs.

Because there was no VGA on the macbook's they had to daisy chain a mini dp to a dvi to vga, when there was a mini dp cable hanging off the wall..

Hahahaha this is actually great! I feel your pain with the macbook mini dp thing tho, I basically keep a mini dp to vga cable in my bag wherever I go if I need to do presentations

THE VECTOR:

Intel Core i5-4690 @ stock - Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H - EVGA GTX 770 SC - A-DATA XPG 2.0 16GB 1866 - Cooler Master N200 - Seagate 1 TB Hybrid Drive - Corsair CX600M - ASUS VX238H 23" 1080p

Urgh... Dat one Asian girl... Urgh...

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

when you tell everyone else they're doing it wrong

CPU - 4790k / GPU - EVGA GTX 980 / Case - NCASE M1 v3 / Board - ASUS Impact VII  / PSU SFX 600w Silverstone / Storage - 2x500GB EVOs / Windows 8.1,OS X 10.10 / Full Water Loop

that's fine, ill find a way

VPN

CPU - 4790k / GPU - EVGA GTX 980 / Case - NCASE M1 v3 / Board - ASUS Impact VII  / PSU SFX 600w Silverstone / Storage - 2x500GB EVOs / Windows 8.1,OS X 10.10 / Full Water Loop

When you rather lay 30 meters of ethernet cable across your house than buy a WIFI card.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Seed, on 28 Jan 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

VPN

it works on my phone, but hotspotshield and hola will not connect to the vpn server on the network

When you rather lay 30 meters of ethernet cable across your house than buy a WIFI card.

I have a very nice WiFi router And I still got a 1000 foot pull box to wire my whole house even for the laptop that is directly above the router.

Pjtruslow, on 29 Jan 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

I have a very nice WiFi router And I still got a 1000 foot pull box to wire my whole house even for the laptop that is directly above the router.

wow, I just move the router to wherever the new place my pc is going to be.

When at work you refuse to use the work computers to even watch youtube so you bring your own lan machine and hook it to the tv in the corner to use.  (which is overkill for since it's a rather decent gaming machine.) 

When you know you have about 6 other sata cables but can't find them when you need them.   

The closet has more old but working tech/parts in it then actual clothes.

You build different systems in Newegg just to hope you can afford them all one day.

APersonWithABrokenChair, on 29 Jan 2015 - 7:08 PM, said:

When you tell anyone you see using IE to use Firefox/Chrome

implying chrome is good, why aren't you using google ultron>?

wow, I just move the router to wherever the new place my pc is going to be.

How would you do that? Don't you have to have an RJ45 Jack in the wall?

legend8887, on 30 Jan 2015 - 5:41 PM, said:

How would you do that? Don't you have to have an RJ45 Jack in the wall?

oh but I do, and if I don't in one room, out comes the drill. I don't move my pc to often so ther is only 1 hole so far

oh but I do, and if I don't in one room, out comes the drill. I don't move my pc to often so ther is only 1 hole so far

You run an Ethernet cable from where to there?

legend8887, on 30 Jan 2015 - 6:46 PM, said:legend8887, on 30 Jan 2015 - 6:46 PM, said:

You run an Ethernet cable from where to there?

I run the copper wire to the router/modem combo piece of crap to a cat5(4-6 feet long) to my pc

When talking about your new system with your friends you ask them if you should add the details (basic things like a 4-core cpus is) because you know they wont understand and would take forever to explain everything to them.

I had a friend that was interested in my new 21:9 monitor and was sure it was great for gaming and I said it has only 60hz etc. and he couldnt get what a hz on a monitor means even when I said 1hz=1fps 3 times

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

When you have 4 or more computers in your bedroom  :lol:

Corsair 750D Airflow Edition Case | Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.4Ghz | Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 RAM | 2 X 8TB Seagate HDD | Corsair HX850i 850W PSU | Crucial MX200 500GB SSD |  MSI X99A SLI Plus   Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid CPU CoolerAsus Essence STX II Sound Card |  Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse | Corsair Gaming K95 RGB LED Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller | Windows 10 Insider Preview x64

when you cant stand anything other than something equal or better than your pc

hating having too many icons on your desktop

And you can't stand that someone has a equal or better pc than yours and you constantly want to upgrade :D

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

When you kill a man to steal his SSD.