You know you're a techie when. . .

When this stuff happens:
BvUUpLe.png
Translation:
>Will you borrow me your ASG mask for tomorrow?
Me:Nope.
    It's like one's pants, you're not supposed to borrow it.
>Why? I won't damage it or anything.
Me:Nope.
>Why
Me:Because nope.
   I'd rather lend you my uniform, but not the mask. But I don't have it anymore, since sb has thrown it out.
>I'll give you a extra beer
Me:Nope
    I'm not for sale for beer.
>So what do you want instead?
Me:I want sticks. 
   RAM sticks.
>Fancy on 512 ddr2?
Me: Should it work - Deal.

I made there a joke too, but it's not a joke even after translation, since in engrish RAM is counted in "Sticks", and in polish in "kości", which translated directly means "bones". xD

ruitti99, on 01 Feb 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

And you can't stand that someone has a equal or better pc than yours and you constantly want to upgrade :D

or when you shake your head at your friends who think they need an i7 for gaming.

and when you laugh at their better computer because their's sound like a jet engine and almost overheats at stock clocks, yet your pc is overclocked and still runs quiet. 

When you have upgraded your pc so many times you now run your main rig for gaming, and 2 (still quite powerfull) pc's with different distros of linux on them just to check em out for a few minutes and then continue using your main rig.

EDIT:

Our school has laptops with pretty much no form of firewall, the only thing they did was change all accounts to normal users instead of admin and delete the standard admin accounts. You can still openup cmd and do whatever you want so I changed all passwords of all laptops (i have used so far) to "getrekt" now everytime our class gets the laptops at least two students are like "huh since when do you have to log in" and it cracks me up everytime.

feel like no one in school/Life understands what you're talking about.

TRUE

...when you have this "Kill it with fire" look on your face when your friend asks for help on his best buy system  :D

“For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well.” 
― Barack Obama

Tech:

Daily Driver: MacBook Pro 15" TB (mid-2018), Intel Core i7-8850H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 512 GB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 560XWeight lifting: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz SK Hynix, Nvidia GTX 1070 on 15" 1080p TN Gsync 120Hz, Intel Pro 7600p PCIe NVMe 256 GB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 15" 1920x1080 TN Gsync 120Hz, Windows 10 Pro, Fedora 30, K.L, P.OS. The Home Panel: Samsung C34H892, 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440p, VA, 60Hz.

Tumblr - Riot-Company, CA

When you try to reverse engineer a software .

When you go into your friend's GTA vice city files and change the textures by writing random stuff on his character's body.

When you change the damage of the rocket launcher in vice city , so that it can blow up the " panzer " in one shot .

When you successfully install Mac on windows PC .

When you root your android using command prompt .

When you use splashtop on your phone to help your parents sent an email when you are out if town .

When you install mods in Bethesda game ..

When you successfully solve any .DLL file not found error without googling it .

When you ...... Become a member of a tech forum ...

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

Not ddr3 or ddr4 no.

I have some old ddr2 sticks neatly hidden away somewhere but I don't remember where. OCZ gold sticks and Kingston Hyper X.

ill take all the tech you don't want :)

I can relate to that, except I was in 4th-5th grade

me too, i lost about 3/4 of the year's lunch time fixing computers.

Whoa! really?

lel

also when you know ltt :)

When you open a desk drawer and find a 2x4GB DDR3-1866 kit you forgot about... you bought it months ago.

When you host a LAN and half your friends don't bother bringing a PC because the spares you build are better. (I miss the old days)

When you can build a whole system out of spare parts that have been lying around for years because you got bored and someone said it wouldn't work.

My tech work is my winter hobby now. As soon as summer comes back I'll be back to fixing cars. It works great, always have a good hobby to keep me busy when I'm not working.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

When you get a bios locked pc(hhd set priority #1, would not boot from cd or usb) to boot onto an os disk and you install without problems. Without entering the bios..

when your friends don't know how to hold your mouse.

May i ask you what kind of freakish mouse you have?

CPU: i7 5930k @4.3 GHz, Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe, RAM: 32 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport ddr4 (2400 MHz), GPU: 2 x Gigabyte gtx 970 G1 Gaming @ 1500 MHz,

Case: Corsair obsidian 750d, Storage: Samsung 850 Pro ssd (512GB) and 3TB WD Black, PSU: Coolermaster v850, Display: Asus Rog swift,                             

Cooling: Coolermaster Nepton 280L, Keyboard: Corsair Vengence K70 RGB (Mx-red), Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD Optical, Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR paired with Audioengine A5+ 

An air mouse maybe ?

Good point

CPU: i7 5930k @4.3 GHz, Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe, RAM: 32 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport ddr4 (2400 MHz), GPU: 2 x Gigabyte gtx 970 G1 Gaming @ 1500 MHz,

Case: Corsair obsidian 750d, Storage: Samsung 850 Pro ssd (512GB) and 3TB WD Black, PSU: Coolermaster v850, Display: Asus Rog swift,                             

Cooling: Coolermaster Nepton 280L, Keyboard: Corsair Vengence K70 RGB (Mx-red), Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD Optical, Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR paired with Audioengine A5+ 

EDIT:

Our school has laptops with pretty much no form of firewall, the only thing they did was change all accounts to normal users instead of admin and delete the standard admin accounts. You can still openup cmd and do whatever you want so I changed all passwords of all laptops (i have used so far) to "getrekt" now everytime our class gets the laptops at least two students are like "huh since when do you have to log in" and it cracks me up everytime.

Finding that sort of thing funny is definitely a side effect of being a techie.

Being a techie in an educational environment, I find it hilarious when the "know it all" students fall in to traps which were deliberately placed. 

BTW: I love it. It really separates the students who have a passion for IT from the ones who want to doss. 

When you know exactly what kind of recovery software to recommend on the spot.

When you do everything you can to save perfectly working electronics from being thrown away/smashed/whatever.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

When you know exactly what kind of recovery software to recommend on the spot.

When you do everything you can to save perfectly working electronics from being thrown away/smashed/whatever.

Cause harm to the the owner of the device?

I just felt like I needed somthing here

When your room is littered with PCB, old, delidded processors, ddr2 Ram, graphics cards and more than one unused computer.

When you are an active contributer to the LTT forum, and have posted on a thread titled 'you know you're a techie when'.......

when you spent over $600 on audio just to listen to music.

when every program has a specific place on your monitors.

when your cable management is so good you can't see any. (even with a glass table)

when you have multiple hard drives.

when your desktop is the centrepiece of your room house.

when you spent over $600 on audio just to listen to music.

when every program has a specific place on your monitors.

when your cable management is so good you can't see any. (even with a glass table)

when you have multiple hard drives.

when your desktop is the centrepiece of your room house.