Robert Downey Jr. signs on for Assassin's Creed movie

Rafy

robert-downey-jr-poses-premiere-iron-man

Iron Man star Robert Downey Jr has reportedly been signed to play Leonardo Da Vinci in the upcoming Assassin's Creed film.

"Huge Assassin's Creed movie news just dropped recently and it seems like Iron Man Aka Tony Stark Aka Robert Downey Jr is reportedly joining the Assassin's Creed movie cast as Leonardo Da Vinci," states Moviepilot.

According to the website, this mega casting development hints that the film's plot might be based on the game's (Assassin's Creed II) particular storyline where Leonardo Da Vinci was featured as a friend of Ezio Auditore.

NME has reported that X-Men: Days of Future Past star Michael Fassbender is still part of the Assassin's Creed movie. "Nothing has changed, yeah. I'm still a part of Assassin's Creed, and we're working on the script as we speak. Actually, I'm going to go back and see the writers when I get back to Europe," he said.

Source: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/avengers-age-ultron-star-robert-downey-jr-play-leonardo-da-vinci-assassins-creed-movie-1465051

I am having mixed feeling about this, I don't really know how I am going to like RDJ playing a role like that, especially if he does the same "rich spoiled man" character. It's always good to recruit talent though,I guess...

ah for fucks sake I am getting tired to see him in every movie out there.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

don't CARE

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

if the writing is good he could fit in very well 

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

For those that don't follow the movie industry, RDJ is a VERY EXPENSIVE actor. By FAR the most expensive/paid out of the Avengers

The fact that the studio is willing to pay for RDJ on a video game adaptation movie is a BIG DEAL. It really shows (even more) that they are taking this AC movie seriously - and I'm happy for it

I agree. I don't think he could fit into that time period that well.

That's because in your head you have typecast him as a glamarous guy in a fancy suit, looking slick and delivering witty dialog.

But that's not how it's gonna be.

They will change his look, hair, attire... everything. And he will act differently  in terms of how he delivers his lines. We assume it can't be done because we haven't seen him doing it and it doesn't fit our mental image of Robert Downey Jr.

If he can pull off playing a dude that's playing a dude that's playing another dude he can probably do a pretty good Da Vinci

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

For those that don't follow the movie industry, RDJ is a VERY EXPENSIVE actor. By FAR the most expensive/paid out of the Avengers

The fact that the studio is willing to pay for RDJ on a video game adaptation movie is a BIG DEAL. It really shows (even more) that they are taking this AC movie seriously - and I'm happy for it

Or they know that bringing in such a popular actor is a surefire way to secure a lot of pathetic fans seeing the movie solely just to see Downey.

Not sure if it speaks confidence in the movie, to be honest.

I hope its based off ACII as that was by far my favorite of the series.  He could easily pull off this role if the writing is right.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Or they know that bringing in such a popular actor is a surefire way to secure a lot of pathetic fans seeing the movie solely just to see Downey.

I don't think you understand how expensive RDJ is

Forbes Top 10:

Robert Downey — $75 million

Dwayne Johnson — $52 million

Bradley Cooper — $46 million

Leonardo DiCaprio — $39 million

Chris Hemsworth — $37 million

Liam Neeson — $36 million

Ben Affleck — $35 million

Christian Bale — $35 million

Will Smith — $32 million

Mark Wahlberg — $32 million

Time Magazine Earnings of Top Male Actors:

RDJ - $75 million

Channing Tatum ($60 million)

Hugh Jackman ($55 million)

Mark Wahlberg ($52 million)

Dwayne Johnson ($46 million)

Leonardo DiCaprio ($39 million)

Adam Sandler ($37 million)

Tom Cruise ($35 million)

Denzel Washington ($33 million)

Liam Neeson ($32 million)

Since when has a video game adaptation been worth MANY MILLIONS to spend on just an actor? This is definitely a motion of confidence in this movie

That's because in your head you have typecast him as a glamarous guy in a fancy suit, looking slick and delivering witty dialog.

But that's not how it's gonna be.

They will change his look, hair, attire... everything. And he will act differently in terms of how he delivers his lines. We assume it can't be done because we haven't seen him doing it and it doesn't fit our mental image of Robert Downey Jr.

"Then again, maybe he'll surprise".

Anyway, just look at how he did in the Sherlock movies. He still carried over his eccentric, funny, and witty persona. That could work in AC depending on who he plays.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Extreme free running will probably be played by a diffrent person and we wont notice since the assasins hood cover up slot of the face and RDJ is in a good shape so i dont think he will have trouble sword fighting.

This news got me excited i hope they go by AC2 or ACR since those were the best ones imo

Extreme free running will probably be played by a diffrent person and we wont notice since the assasins hood cover up slot of the face and RDJ is in a good shape so i dont think he will have trouble sword fighting.

This news got me excited i hope they go by AC2 or ACR since those were the best ones imo

He's apparently gonna be playing Leonardo da Vinci, so if they're going to be following the game, he probably won't be doing any of that action stuff.

Umm...you do realize that RDJ is one of the MOST EXPENSIVE actors in hollywood right now? He's so booked between Sherlock and Avengers and Iron Man that he's literally swimming in money. 

If he agreed to this, it was for a reason, and that reason wasn't money. 

Interesting, I can't see him being a good Ezio, but Da Vinci, maybe. He always carries his personality into his roles it seems, so I'm interested to see how it plays out.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Geez, you guys really aren't opening to considering alternatives, are you?

Theoretically this could be fucking anything, we don't know why things happen behind closed doors but you all talk as if you were fucking there when they hired him, jesus christ.

Sometimes I really hate coming here..

Geez, you guys really aren't opening to considering alternatives, are you?

Theoretically this could be fucking anything, we don't know why things happen behind closed doors but you all talk as if you were fucking there when they hired him, jesus christ.

Sometimes I really hate coming here..

And you talk as if you know any better. 

If you hate it so much, leave, and stop being so bitter. 

I don't think you understand how expensive RDJ is

Forbes Top 10:

Robert Downey — $75 million

Dwayne Johnson — $52 million

Bradley Cooper — $46 million

Leonardo DiCaprio — $39 million

Chris Hemsworth — $37 million

Liam Neeson — $36 million

Ben Affleck — $35 million

Christian Bale — $35 million

Will Smith — $32 million

Mark Wahlberg — $32 million

Time Magazine Earnings of Top Male Actors:

RDJ - $75 million

Channing Tatum ($60 million)

Hugh Jackman ($55 million)

Mark Wahlberg ($52 million)

Dwayne Johnson ($46 million)

Leonardo DiCaprio ($39 million)

Adam Sandler ($37 million)

Tom Cruise ($35 million)

Denzel Washington ($33 million)

Liam Neeson ($32 million)

Since when has a video game adaptation been worth MANY MILLIONS to spend on just an actor? This is definitely a motion of confidence in this movie

I'd much rather see DiCaprio in that role

or any role.

he's just a better actor.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I'd much rather see DiCaprio in that role

or any role.

he's just a better actor.

I...

Agree. 

Leo just wins at pretty much everything he does. Though to be fair, that list up there isn't exactly lacking in heaps of talent in many areas. 

Leo could be the smart Leonardo, Downey would be the sarcastic as fuck Leonardo. TBH, I kinda want some sarcasm. 

I...

Agree. 

Leo just wins at pretty much everything he does. Though to be fair, that list up there isn't exactly lacking in heaps of talent in many areas. 

Leo could be the smart Leonardo, Downey would be the sarcastic as fuck Leonardo. TBH, I kinda want some sarcasm. 

Unless they are setting AC in America, Leo would be better at being any european than RDJ

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein