Facebook UK now has 71 different gender options

LAwLz

In an attempt to be more inclusive, Facebook in the UK now lets users choose between 71 different gender options on the website.
Here is a list of all the options that have been added, as well as the previous options.

Asexual

Female to male trans man
Female to male transgender man
Female to male transsexual man
F2M
Gender neutral
Hermaphrodite
Intersex man
Intersex person
Intersex woman
Male to female trans woman
Male to female transgender woman
Male to female transsexual woman
Man
M2F
Polygender
T* man
T* woman
Two* person
Two-spirit person
Woman

Agender
Androgyne
Androgynes
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans Female
Trans Male
Trans Man
Trans Person
Trans*Female
Trans*Male
Trans*Man
Trans*Person
Trans*Woman
Transexual
Transexual Female
Transexual Male
Transexual Man
Transexual Person
Transexual Woman
Transgender Female
Transgender Person
Transmasculine
Two-spirit

I think this is getting ridiculous...

How specific do you really have to be about your gender? Most of these could accurately be summarized in maybe 5 or so options, but I guess that people wouldn't feel special enough with that approach.

Users who bit anything other than male or female now also has the option to specify if they want to be refereed to as "he/his", "she/her" or "they/their".

Source: Telegraph.co.uk

Two* person

Two-spirit person

What the hell are these two?

Since when was asexual a gender?

It's not. I have never seen anyone describe their gender as asexual. Sexual orientation maybe but not gender.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I thought there were only two genders

There are only two "sexes", but there are multiple genders.

Sex -> What you are biologically. This is binary, either male or female.

Gender -> What you identify as. This can basically be whatever you want, as seen above.

Those aren't genders though

Dude you are the one that just posted the news... Oh wait...

photo-30741.gif?_r=1408446109photo-216.gif?_r=1388854341

Well I guess they are not exactly the same but still.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Gender -> What you identify as. This can basically be whatever you want, as seen above.

Fuck... this is the third time this week that my life has become a lie

Wrong there. Hermaphroditism is a real physical sex. Although quite rare. And it is mostly seen as a disorder.

Fuck... this is the third time this week that my life has become a lie

Nothing you know is true. Also you are adopted.

Wrong there. Hermaphroditism is a real physical sex. Although quite rare.

Nothing you know is true. Also you are adopted.

I'm not adopted but I am an accident  :P

Where is Jedi?

Wasn't that in the religions section?

Wrong there. Hermaphroditism is a real physical sex. Although quite rare. And it is mostly seen as a disorder.

Don't quote me on this, but I am pretty sure there is still one dominant gender. So you won't get a "perfect" hermaphrodite which could impregnate him/herself.

I might be wrong on that though.

Where is Jedi?

Under religion and/or occupation.

There is accommodating and then there is hardcore unabashed in your face politically correct pandering. Try to guess which one this falls under.

This is completely discriminating when you think about it. Those who are trans who went from male to female, female to male wish to be called "he" or "she" to feel like the gender they transitioned to. This only adds emphasis on differences and if anything, is DISRESPECTFUL to them, NOT helpful in any way. Not all of those are even genders, it's even more shameful pandering that does more harm than good..asexual a "gender"..come on UK, you're not allowed to make fun of Murica if you're doing stuff like this.

What the hell are these two?

Two-spirit people (also two spirit or twospirit) is a modern umbrella term used by some indigenous North Americans for Gender variant individuals in their communities.

Source: Wikipedia

The other? Well lets just say my mom and google both don't know, so it doesn't exist....[/ignorance]

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G | Asus P8H61-M Evo Rev B Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Samsung 840 Evo 512GB Seagate Barracude 7200.12 ST3500413AS, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 5400RPM OCZ ZS Series 650W Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Logitech LS21 Creative Fatal1ty Logitech G500 Razer BlackWidow 2010 | 2x Dell U1214H | 1x Ilyama ProLite E2407HDS

gender != sexual orientation

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Why do they have selectable options? They could just have the option for sex and then let the person come up with whatever the fuck he/she/it wants for a gender. Isn't it obvious by now that everyone wants their own personal gender.

I see no logic in this setup, it is unnecessary and overly complicated as well.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Isn't it obvious by now that everyone wants their own personal gender.

Eh? Obvious, everyone, their own gender? Eh?

Eh? Obvious, everyone, their own gender? Eh?

It is also obvious that I generalized a bit too much there, sorry.

I simply wanted to state that it would be better to let those users create their own gender, considering that someone thought those options were necessary. /IMO

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

im CIS :(

i constantly check my privilege :/

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.