Facebook UK now has 71 different gender options

LAwLz

im CIS :(

i constantly check my privilege :/

How dare you be "normal". You asshole. Feel ashamed, now!

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Wow! Much genders, Such difference, So confusion, Wow!!

doge.png

Details separate people.

Yeah, most of these are sexual orientations, not genders.

As for genders, it's mainly male, female, transgender, and 'unassigned.'

As for sexual orientations, there's basically an endless list. I keep it simple by sticking to 'gay' :lol:

Rappers have their own sexual orientation too? Huh, I just learned something new today.

pls explain. i am oblivious to this crap

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Jokes should not be explained, so yeah....*awkward silence*

well fuck you too then.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Just remove the gender category for fucks sake. Just have a category saying "PENIS?" Followed by a yes or no.

This shit is retarded. I hate my generation.

Well, I think because awareness has been raised, and people are no longer (complete) outcasts because of their sexual orientation, a lot have seemed to 'pop up' because people can finally be who they are. I don't see a problem with that.

That being said, your post did make me laugh.

They missed out my gender. Badass. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Well, I think because awareness has been raised, and people are no longer (complete) outcasts because of their sexual orientation, a lot have seemed to 'pop up' because people can finally be who they are. I don't see a problem with that.

That being said, your post did make me laugh.

Sexual orientation =/= gender

I can think of three, maybe four options to be truly fair to everyone.

Why do they have selectable options? They could just have the option for sex and then let the person come up with whatever the fuck he/she/it wants for a gender. Isn't it obvious by now that everyone wants their own personal gender.

I see no logic in this setup, it is unnecessary and overly complicated as well.

You may be onto something..instead of being all convoluted and clueless with orientations somehow being "genders", a simple input box would be a million times more sensible.

You may be onto something..instead of being all convoluted and clueless with orientations somehow being "genders", a simple input box would be a million times more sensible.

It probably has to do with advertisers. If you were allowed to put in whatever you want it would be harder to do targeted ads, so they have to put you in some group.

It probably has to do with advertisers. If you were allowed to put in whatever you want it would be harder to do targeted ads, so they have to put you in some group.

Are there realistically any real targeted ads for someone MTF or FTM, though? I still find 71 choices to be complete nonsense and that a text box would do better. With the billions of other things on Facebook and the cash they are racking in, I doubt they'll lose on the gender product placement and will make it up elsewhere.

I thought there were only two genders

There are.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm done. I know about MTF and FTM and all that goes with it, but Facebook please. It will not suddenly make more people use your social platform. 

At least i don't think so. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

People have just become so fucking obsessed with wanting to be "unique", "special", and "different". It's extreme narcissism.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I thought there were only two genders

You're forgetting potato 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I think this is getting ridiculous...

How specific do you really have to be about your gender? Most of these could accurately be summarized in maybe 5 or so options, but I guess that people wouldn't feel special enough with that approach.

Users who bit anything other than male or female now also has the option to specify if they want to be refereed to as "he/his", "she/her" or "they/their".

Source: Telegraph.co.uk

Those aren't genders though

Dont be ignorant these are all valid genders and are consider real.

also gender is NOT sex type (wich is biological) gender is how YOU identify yourself ass.

kudos facebook uk 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Is there some strange competition going on where people are just trying to come up with more genders? 

Even if there are not just two, 71 seems absurd.

Follow me on Twitter!

Technology Journalist at TechnologyTell, NextPowerUp, and others. 

Dont be ignorant these are all valid genders and are consider real.

also gender is NOT sex type (wich is biological) gender is how YOU identify yourself ass.

I know, that's why I said "maybe 5" instead of "2" and why I posted this:

There are only two "sexes", but there are multiple genders.

Sex -> What you are biologically. This is binary, either male or female.

Gender -> What you identify as. This can basically be whatever you want, as seen above.

Some of them are not valid genders either. Asexual is a sexual orientation, not a gender.