Apple Hires Anand Lal Shimpi

Builder

If you take all of the different variations on Android (Sense, TouchWiz etc.) as separate and not lump them all in together, then, if I remember correctly, iOS beats them all in numbers.

Lump them all together as Android, however, and they completely obliterate iOS.

You are wrong (Sense, TouchWiz etc.) are skins just like VanillaAndroid and no Android has a bigger market share than iOS.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

And now this this discussion has developed into an IOS v Android thread.  I am sure there are plenty of threads dealing with Android/ios specifically that this thread doesn't need to.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I thought he retired. I wonder if Apple offered him a job after he left Anandtech or if he left Anandtech for Apple.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

>tfw

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

The pc master army has lost a brave general. He will be missed.

And now this this discussion has developed into an IOS v Android thread.  I am sure there are plenty of threads dealing with Android/ios specifically that this thread doesn't need to.

The children need to compensate somehow, what better way than to drag threads through the mud? 

Microsoft and Apple both treat their customers pretty good. Of course, due to their massive size they will have hiccups but on the whole they treat their customers very well (I have experience with both Microsoft and Apple support.)

I'd say a large majority of the issues with support (for either company) is because the customer is being an arse, uncooperative, or expects the company to bow down and kiss their feet. If you're nice and polite to support they'll be much more willing to go the extra mile for you. Also, people shouldn't take their rage out on the support agent, if they can't fix something it's likely beyond their control and they can't help that.

I'm not talking about tech support. I'm talking about the lack of morals both companies don't have. By that I mean evading taxes, using sweatshops for production, releasing broken games, and being all around assholes.

Tech support is undoubtedly good on Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, and EA(not so much Ubisoft(not surprised)), but that doesn't excuse their business ethics.

Actually it doesn't. If you believe this then you are an idiot

He's not an idiot, he's just wrong. There's a difference. In recognizing that difference is where you become enlightened.

And yes, I'm back. Trying to stay a little more neutral this time though.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Actually it doesn't. If you believe this then you are an idiot

You forget, anyone who actually ends up liking a Apple product is a "fucking sheeple thats a cancer to the industry", despite the fact that some people genuinely just like Apple stuff more. 

God forbid personal preferences win out, and so sue Apple for focusing on the "specs" that actually matter. Sexy design, QC up the wazoo, build quality that shames most companies and products that plain work better. Well, better for me. I've had it all (and still have plenty) but my MBPs are the ones that get the most love, so I guess I'm also a "hack tool sheep" or whatever the insult of the day is.

You are wrong (Sense, TouchWiz etc.) are skins just like VanillaAndroid and no Android has a bigger market share than iOS.

I'm wrong? I know they are skins and at no point did I indicate otherwise... I was saying if you categorize them separately then no one of them has a bigger market share than iOS... but all together (ie, Android itself) they all have a much much bigger market share than iOS.

You've really said nothing here that contradicts what I originally said... Other than "you are wrong".

Maybe he'll start to help Apple start making good products. Yay.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

I'm wrong? I know they are skins and at no point did I indicate otherwise... I was saying if you categorize them separately then no one of them has a bigger market share than iOS... but all together (ie, Android itself) they all have a much much bigger market share than iOS.

You've really said nothing here that contradicts what I originally said... Other than "you are wrong".

I may have misunderstood you I'm sorry

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Can we all please stop assuming that if we don't like a certain company's products it automatically makes them bad?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Sellout!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You forget, anyone who actually ends up liking a Apple product is a "fucking sheeple thats a cancer to the industry", despite the fact that some people genuinely just like Apple stuff more. 

God forbid personal preferences win out, and so sue Apple for focusing on the "specs" that actually matter. Sexy design, QC up the wazoo, build quality that shames most companies and products that plain work better. Well, better for me. I've had it all (and still have plenty) but my MBPs are the ones that get the most love, so I guess I'm also a "hack tool sheep" or whatever the insult of the day is.

I agree with you. I have a macbook air.I love it. I was telling him that apple didn't hire an anand to write good reviews of apple products

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Can we all please stop assuming that if we don't like a certain company's products it automatically makes them bad?

Do not be silly, this is the internet

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm not talking about tech support. I'm talking about the lack of morals both companies don't have. By that I mean evading taxes, using sweatshops for production, releasing broken games, and being all around assholes.

Tech support is undoubtedly good on Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, and EA(not so much Ubisoft(not surprised)), but that doesn't excuse their business ethics.

Everybody tries to reduce their taxes as much as possible including regular citizens, I don't see why corporations would be any different.

Sweatshops? Foxconn has issues definitely, but that's Foxconn's issue and just to let you know, Foxconn produces electronics / electronic components for nearly every single company that makes electronics.

Releasing broken games? That's a valid point. A lot of companies are guilty of that. All you have to do is stop buying their games and they will change. They can't afford to not sell games so if they aren't selling they'll make changes.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Everybody tries to reduce their taxes as much as possible including regular citizens, I don't see why corporations would be any different.

Sweatshops? Foxconn has issues definitely, but that's Foxconn's issue and just to let you know, Foxconn produces electronics / electronic components for nearly every single company that makes electronics.

It's not even really tax evasion. They have a legal obligation to provide maximum profit to their shareholders too, and voluntarily taking more taxes would not swing well with that. The law allows them to do this, and they're not the only ones. Nearly every MNC in the USA does it.

Apple in particular is very careful about where it sources its labor from, you can read their Supplier Responsibility Progress Report here: https://www.apple.com/supplier-responsibility/

They are explicitly careful about labor practices, more so than most other manufacturers.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Everybody's doing it isn't a great defence. If a company wants to make money from citizens of a country they owe that country money, just because they shift profits to tax havens doesn't justify anything. They, like Google and Microsoft are tax cheats and if they were people not companies the IRS would be all over them for every cent. 

They are straight up avoiding tax, not minimising it.

I think it's poor form, but that's just me.

Everybody's doing it isn't a great defence. If a company wants to make money from citizens of a country they owe that country money, just because they shift profits to tax havens doesn't justify anything. They, like Google and Microsoft are tax cheats and if they were people not companies the IRS would be all over them for every cent. 

They are straight up avoiding tax, not minimising it.

I think it's poor form, but that's just me.

They're not using tax havens. You people complete misunderstand ALL of this.

Please, educate yourself: http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/11/25/can-we-please-get-this-straight-apple-and-google-do-not-avoid-us-corporate-tax/

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

They're not using tax havens. You people complete misunderstand ALL of this.

Please, educate yourself: http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/11/25/can-we-please-get-this-straight-apple-and-google-do-not-avoid-us-corporate-tax/

Please don't be arrogant, and read this:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/technology/google-australia-paid-71m-in-tax-in-2013/story-e6frgakx-1226901924667?nk=1446dc96134afbd53206081c73ecc359

The companies such as Apple Australia, pay money to 'Apple Sales International', for use of Intellectual property (a company charging another arm of the same company for IP is ludicrous). Apple paid $34.6 million in tax on revenue of $6 billion, which is a 3.6% tax rate, while local companies pay regular taxes.

Ireland is a tax haven, Apple Australia uses said tax haven to pay unfairly lower amounts to the Government to trade here. I see the article you linked says the US can dip in, but here, 3.5% tax for $6 billion in trade is unfair and cheating the system.