Apple Hires Anand Lal Shimpi

Builder

I do believe he will always give the honest and truthful answer, if not he effectively kills all his credibility he's accumulated over a near two decades of AnandTech and working in the tech industry. It would affectively render him useless for any such future roles.

There is also no evidence at all that he'd be a PR speaker. It's not something anyone that's followed him would think he's good at. He's too rational and objective, to try and spin something in a positive light when it's clearly not.

He's a tech guy, not a marketing speaker.

No there is no evidence (hence the pure speculation I stated in my first post). It makes sense that Apple will show him off though. He is well respected, a good public speaker and someone who has a good understanding the tech consumers wants/needs. The role suits him but again there are many roles he could be suited to.

But if he does assume this position, would you be more skeptical of what he has to say or could you fully believe you are reading an Anandtech article?

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

But if he does assume this position, would you be more skeptical of what he has to say or could you fully believe you are reading an Anandtech article?

I already answered that for you in the first sentence of the post you quoted, and I expended on it.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Im curious as to what Anand would do at Apple.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I'm not talking about tech support. I'm talking about the lack of morals both companies don't have. By that I mean evading taxes, using sweatshops for production, releasing broken games, and being all around assholes.

Tech support is undoubtedly good on Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, and EA(not so much Ubisoft(not surprised)), but that doesn't excuse their business ethics.

You do realize that the stock owners force them to do this? If they didn't, they would lose any investors.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Just like with this thread. Like there were no mechanical watches that cost five digit numbers. So stupid.

To be fair and unbiased you are comparing apples and oranges here. While I agree the a 5 figure watch is stupid, that isn't the point. Technology is all about performance per dollar, which Apple happens to be on the wrong side of that bell curve (not baiting a flame war, its just the truth). That being said it will probably the most well built and probably the best looking watch, but still, high price and low performance. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

Exactly, That is what I think. The guy could really kick in and get better stuff going for Apple. It's a chance for Apple and him to actually make better work. Now, let's see the results, 'cause that's what matter.

Apple already makes really great stuff... Now, a 3rd USB port (which preferably doubles as eSATA) on the MBPr would be very much appreciated. Mouse & USB stick is the barest minimum, and that leaves expensive thunderbolt cages for a backup solution that doesn't eat up internet usage. Also, the headphone port needs to always be dual-functional as a microphone and speaker set, not just do 1 at a time. And finally, a $3400 "professional laptop" really deserves a top-end GPU. GTX x60 should be the minimum and not require us be locked at the GTX x50 bracket. As a last bit, I actually wish they'd abandon glossy screens. Glare sucks and when having to look over students' shoulders to help them debug the reflections are infuriating. Just go with a very light matte finish and save everyone some pain.

As per their phones, another GB of memory and a little UI redesign is about all they need. We don't need fully-fledged laptops in our phones. That's what the IPad and Microsoft Surface are for: VOIP with basic laptop capabilities.

But really what is it about Apple computers you can complain about other than a lack of game development (which is really a Linux problem), a less than spectacular GPU solution, less data ports than they should have, screen glare (a problem for any glossy monitor), and the price tag? 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

To be fair and unbiased you are comparing apples and oranges here. While I agree the a 5 figure watch is stupid, that isn't the point. Technology is all about performance per dollar, which Apple happens to be on the wrong side of that bell curve (not baiting a flame war, its just the truth). That being said it will probably the most well built and probably the best looking watch, but still, high price and low performance. 

I doubt it will be low performance. Medium to medium-high is Apple's typical target. What other laptop on the planet hosts a 3.8+GHz quad core processor than the Apple Macbook Pro? The price tag is outrageous, not denying that especially given their dGPU solution is the 750m, but the performance is not low.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Technology is not all about performance per dollar. Technology is all about what the end user wants it to be about. Performance per dollar is simply one of the things some consumers care about.

iloominardy confirmed

iLoominardy is the trademarked form...

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Now, that's fucking amazing for Anand, but what happens to Anandtech?

Another editor took over. There's another thread on it somewhere around here.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /