Apple Hires Anand Lal Shimpi

Builder

what if we double the pay?

There are jobs you could argue morally are wrong, and you could criticize that persons character for doing it

If Anand left and started manufacturing land mines, It might be more of an issue

Somebody in the tech industry moving job to work for another company in the tech industry (probably for a shit ton of money) is hardly something to criticize for

I left retail for an admin job, it paid like £7000 a year more..... yes I betrayed my shit old company and went for the job with more money

I just find it funny people take issue with it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think apple is on to something.

They asked to speak to Marques Brownlee as well.

Not sure if they're related matters but it sounds fishy  :ph34r:

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I think apple is on to something.

They asked to speak to Marques Brownlee as well.

Not sure if they're related matters but it sounds fishy  :ph34r:

Seeing MKB work for Apple would be very cool. No doubt he will have very little say in company design but if he or ANYONE can get Apple to change their grid iOS design, that would be fantastic. Seeing how iOS is so dominant though, I guess Apple has no need to change.

There are jobs you could argue morally are wrong, and you could criticize that persons character for doing it

If Anand left and started manufacturing land mines, It might be more of an issue

Somebody in the tech industry moving job to work for another company in the tech industry (probably for a shit ton of money) is hardly something to criticize for

I left retail for an admin job, it paid like £7000 a year more..... yes I betrayed my shit old company and went for the job with more money

I just find it funny people take issue with it

I was just trying to be funny,  sorry I should have put one of these at the end of the sentence:  :P :lol:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I was just trying to be funny,  sorry I should have put one of these at the end of the sentence:  :P :lol:

Oh no I know you were haha

I was just furthering my comment from above ;)

pay me 10x more though.....and i could easily create sharks with laserbeams on their head..that also explode...also their nipples make lemonade for some reason

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Opinions do not equal Facts.

Both of which are inferior to the Truth. 

And the Truth? You'll always get better out of a more open-ended PC (Windows/Linux or whatever else you decide to use) than you will a close-ended, highly marked up Mac.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

And the Truth? You'll always get better out of a more open-ended PC (Windows/Linux or whatever else you decide to use) than you will a close-ended, highly marked up Mac.

And that's not the truth either, different systems suit different people.

It's possible though consider that he is also incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable. I could see him being the head of some team, developing new products.

People like Anand are valuable because they are very much in touch with the requirements of consumers, while also having just enough technical knowledge to communicate with engineering teams. He would also be a good product tester to identify flaws before commercial release.

Seeing MKB work for Apple would be very cool. No doubt he will have very little say in company design but if he or ANYONE can get Apple to change their grid iOS design, that would be fantastic. Seeing how iOS is so dominant though, I guess Apple has no need to change.

how is IOS dominant can you please explain???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

In my opinion apps are one of the biggest differentiating factors when choosing a smartphone as this is where most of your time is spent.

The App Store just offers more quality apps, has priority dev support, and often has timed exclusivity. Of course Android offers 90% of the most popular apps on iOS and of course store preference is based on personal app usage but its undeniable that the App Store is the preferred platform compared to the Play Store for devs. 

They manufacture them. Apple designs all of them.

Apple doesn't design all of it, to be fair. They use some predesigned IP... I think the only part they design purely themselves is the CPU.

In my opinion apps are one of the biggest differentiating factors when choosing a smartphone as this is where most of your time is spent.

The App Store just offers more quality apps, has priority dev support, and often has timed exclusivity. Of course Android offers 90% of the most popular apps on iOS and of course store preference is based on personal app usage but its undeniable that the App Store is the preferred platform compared to the Play Store for devs. 

You didn't answer my question you said that IOS is dominant then you went and talked about apps I'm pretty sure the one of the biggest reason devs choose IOS because IOS users have a higher probability of buying apps and I'm not saying you are wrong about the apps in IOS but answer my question.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

If you take all of the different variations on Android (Sense, TouchWiz etc.) as separate and not lump them all in together, then, if I remember correctly, iOS beats them all in numbers.

Lump them all together as Android, however, and they completely obliterate iOS.

You didn't answer my question you said that IOS is dominant then you went and talked about apps I'm pretty sure the one of the biggest reason devs choose IOS because IOS users have a higher probability of buying apps and I'm not saying you are wrong about the apps in IOS but answer my question.

App Store is part of iOS, no? 

I wonder what he is going to do at apple, form a reviewer to a employee of a multinational tech gigant is not bad, his experience's in the tech field and his critical view can come in usefull for sure, time will learn i guess.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Maybe he will design a Mac that is not overpriced old technology.

Scratches head* Apple designs and builds all their motherboards in house unlike most laptop makers. Apple uses solid brushed aluminum for the entire case (expensive but amazing thermal performance). Apple uses the best Intel chips on the market. Apple uses grade A/+ IPS panels, and it develops/provides a boatload of software to the consumer bundled into it. The only thing old/underpowered about a MacBook Pro is the Gtx 750m inside it, which Iris Pro 5200 can beat if you overclock it, not that most people are willing to tinker with that.

Apple is slightly overpriced with all things considered, but to call its computers outdated is foolish. Linus has been saying the same thing for years.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

So...he didn't retire then?

I would like to know if he left for Apple, or he retired and Apple was like "You want a job?".

Good for him for moving up, I wouldn't have joined Apple myself though.

Or, you know, just report all of them and then try and incite a conversation that doesn't pertain to Apple hate instead of going off on a rage rant about the forums yourself?

But since you brought this topic up, I'll continue on with this "Apple hate". I don't like Apple, not because of their products, but because of who they are as a company. It's the same reason why I don't like other companies like EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, and Samsung. I don't give a rat's ass about their products, I care about their attitudes and their service towards their consumers.

Or am I in the wrong as well? Am I pathetic for that, or are you just pointing out the people who hate Apple because of their products? Either way, you're not exactly producing a great talk piece either.

Microsoft and Apple both treat their customers pretty good. Of course, due to their massive size they will have hiccups but on the whole they treat their customers very well (I have experience with both Microsoft and Apple support.)

I'd say a large majority of the issues with support (for either company) is because the customer is being an arse, uncooperative, or expects the company to bow down and kiss their feet. If you're nice and polite to support they'll be much more willing to go the extra mile for you. Also, people shouldn't take their rage out on the support agent, if they can't fix something it's likely beyond their control and they can't help that.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

It's sad to see him leave the site, but he's a fantastic hardware chap.

I'm sure he'll get on grand, and hopefully he can change a few minds there and bring out the fabled xMac.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Actually that's not the case all the time. I have interviewer a fee devs who have preferred to build on Android. I didn't press much as to why they have the preference, but he did mention he enjoyed being able to just test on any android device from wherever.

Personally, after using both app stores, I'd consider them equal except for the odd exclusives on either side.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Half of this thread is people making a tongue in cheek quip, a quarter losing their minds over it, and a quarter who actually could take a joke.

You can say good things about Apple. People hate fanboyism in general, not Apple in particular.

I think it's great Anand went to Apple. Sure, it would affect me more if he went to work to Google or Intel, but it's his choice and it's best for him.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I think that hiring him could make apple market or report about their products more like in a way anandtech articles are done.

But I must say it's weird seeing someone who spent lot's of their time to evaluate all kinds of tech products to go work for a company that produces only a slim amount of the stuff in the world of tech.

And it could be qualcomm for all I care. I'm almost as annoyed by the people saying but apple is actually good you stupid apple haters, or something similar as I'm by the people who just outright without no context bash apple.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Oh they hired Apu Nahasahemapetelon! At least that's what I read...

App Store is part of iOS, no? 

You said it's dominant I asked how answer me.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ