Apple Hires Anand Lal Shimpi

Builder

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/08/31/apple-hires-anand-lal-shimpi/

"After announcing his departure from AnandTech, veteran technology journalist Anand Lal Shimpi will join Apple in an undisclosed role, reports Re/code. A representative for Apple confirmed that Shimpi would be joining the company, but also declined to provide any further details."

Wow. Good for him. He always did like Macs.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

what the fuck

Yep. ;)

The founder of a PC blog gets hired by Apple. Now I've seen everything.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

That's just traitorous. How dare he. Shame.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Explains why his apple reviews are always glowing...

Why? He definitely knows his shit. Why can't you possibly accept the idea that Macs are better than PCs in any way?

That's just traitorous. How dare he. Shame.

Yes, clearly moving up in your career is traitorous. Wow. 

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Woah.

Apple is really desperate.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Why? He definitely knows his shit. Why can't you possibly accept the fact that Macs are better than PCs?

Yes, clearly moving up in your career is traitorous. Wow.

Never said he didn't know his stuff, he does. Imo they always cover apple events better than any others and the reviews are always better too.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Oh,I almost forgot to ignore you.

Thanks for reminding me.

PS:The new Mac Pro is the only Mac really worth buying.

You're welcome. Clearly I can't teach you anything of value.

Never said he didn't know his stuff, he does. Imo they always cover apple events better than any others and the reviews are always better too.

All of their reviews are extremely thorough though. Apple devices are just more interesting from a technical standpoint, because they use custom SoCs and such.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

All of their reviews are extremely thorough though. Apple devices are just more interesting from a technical standpoint, because they use custom SoCs and such.

You do know that Samsung makes Apple's SoC-s,right?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Why can't you possibly accept the fact that Macs are better than PCs?

Opinions do not equal Facts.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

You do know that Samsung makes Apple's SoC-s,right?

They manufacture them. Apple designs all of them.

Opinions do not equal Facts.

I'm sorry, I'll edit it to not offend your delicate PC sensibilities.

Apple is just another computing platform, stop being spastic nerds.

This. THIS THIS THIS THIS!

Edited by Whiskers
Cleaning thread

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

But you people do it ALL THE FUCKING TIME. You can't even mention an Apple product on these forums without getting an unwarrantedly negative response from someone.

I never said apple sucked. I said it is traitorous for him to leave an awesome PC community and immediately take up a job for a 'competitor'. It's as if he did it just for the money...

And linus likes iphones, a lot of people here use iphones, and some mac books are not that bad for the money. Just don't go around saying 'apple is the best!!!' because there are MANY people here who don't know the rules and will just start a flame war.

So be nice and don't initiate anything please, thank you.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I never said apple sucked. I said it is traitorous for him to leave an awesome PC community and immediately take up a job for a 'competitor'. It's as if he did it just for the money...

And linus likes iphones, a lot of people here use iphones, and some mac books are not that bad for the money. Just don't go around saying 'apple is the best!!!' because there are MANY people here who don't know the rules and will just start a flame war.

So be nice and don't initiate anything please, thank you.

I'm not going to walk on tiptoes just to avoid starting flamewars. I'll say what I want to and how people take it is their problem. I'm not going to engage in any more flame wars though.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm sorry, I'll edit it to not offend your delicate PC sensibilities.

This. THIS THIS THIS THIS!

I didn't say windows is better I just said an opinion isn't fact you are throwing the word fact around this thread and I just got tired of it.

I don't mean to single you out either some of the windows fans are probably being bigger children for cursing anand out for joining apple.

I'm neither not an apple hater or a windows fan boy I'm a tech enthusiast willing to try a range of products.

Congratulations to anand he deserves it after his years of hard work.

Both you and the window/apple haters guys should stop being so butthurt you assumed because I told you opinions aren't fact I must be against you..

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Congratulations to anand he deserves it after his years of hard work.

This is what should be taken taken away from this.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Maybe he will design a Mac that is not overpriced old technology.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I'm thinking given his talents for writing and evaluating he will be employed in PR and marketing.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Wow, Anand retiring from his site AND joining APPLE.

I'm more worried about Linus now, he is probably in mourning after these double blows.  HANG IN THERE LINUS !!!  HE MIGHT NOT BE TURNING INTO A MAC PERSON !!!!!!!!

(guys, we gotta keep carrying that water to make Linus believe)

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...