Apple Hires Anand Lal Shimpi

Builder

well if they offer good Money why not take the job. simple as that. work is work, personal stuff is secondary

Wow, Anand retiring from his site AND joining APPLE.

I'm more worried about Linus now, he is probably in mourning after these double blows. HANG IN THERE LINUS !!! HE MIGHT NOT BE TURNING INTO A MAC PERSON !!!!!!!!

(guys, we gotta keep carrying that water to make Linus believe)

what? Anand is a apple user lol.

I wonder what his new job will be, maybe something similar to what J.J at Asus does.

Its appears the Anand has betrayed the trust of GabeN

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

I'm thinking given his talents for writing and evaluating he will be employed in PR and marketing.

It's possible though consider that he is also incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable. I could see him being the head of some team, developing new products.

It's possible though consider that he is also incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable. I could see him being the head of some team, developing new products.

absolutely, Although why do people keep saying he is incredibly intelligent?   Is there some sort of evidence or is just because he started and ran a successful media/review website?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

absolutely, Although why do people keep saying he is incredibly intelligent?   Is there some sort of evidence or is just because he started and ran a successful media/review website?

Have you read his stuff or heard him talk? He has a mind for technology and clearly understands everything he is talking about.

Have you read his stuff or heard him talk? He has a mind for technology and clearly understands everything he is talking about.

Yes, but I am surrounded by people like that so it is nothing out of the ordinary for me. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Why not just ban the use of the word "apple" on LTT? 

I have nothing against apple, I own a few of their products and enjoy using them but clearly the use of the word "apple" on LTT is too much for some people. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Why not just ban the use of the word "apple" on LTT? 

I would rather ban the fanboys so we can have a civil discussion based on the merits of each product.

EDIT: it might even work if we just ban blanket statements that aren't supported with either evidence or that come with a caveat that states it's just a personal fantasy.

I would rather ban the fanboys so we can have a civil discussion based on the merits of each product.

then we would have to disallow those both sides of the issue. If a PC fan is unwilling to civilly discuss and the apple fan is not willing to be civil both should be ousted from the discussion. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

then we would have to disallow those both sides of the issue. If a PC fan is unwilling to civilly discuss and the apple fan is not willing to be civil both should be ousted from the discussion. 

exactly, the only discussion that could follow would be unbiased.

People seem to forget that Macs are PC in disguise. Same hardware, different OS. Why do you argue on this? Are you all twelve?  

He must be like a kid in a candy factory right now xD. Good for him

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

People seem to forget that Macs are PC in disguise. Same hardware, different OS. Why do you argue on this? Are you all twelve?  

No idea, I guess it's so natural for them to make fun of Apple that they forgot. LinusTECHtips. Mac is still tech and Macs are still PCs.

Austin Evans, the owner of kitguru, and many other important people in the tech industry like apple products. I don't see any problems with this.

My dyslexia had me read 'Apple Hires Another Land Shrimp' as the thread's title.

Make of this what you will.

That's kind of sad.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Why would he? He is one of the few people who actually appreciates for what they're doing.

But Linus doesnt really like apple though... :P

Life.exe is missing

This thread pretty much sums up everything wrong with this forum and its culture. Wow guys...

It was worse before the edit. 

I don't understand why this is such a big deal to people.

There's nothing wrong with a guy who gets offered a potentially bigger paycheck and benefits.

On a forum composed of PC enthusiasts, against a company about lock down with style, Apple isn't going to hold much ground.

Honestly, I'd like a MBP, but that's the only Apple product I could justify.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.