Apple Hires Anand Lal Shimpi

Builder

If I had my way I'd ban every single child who has no idea what they're talking about, but then I'd have to explain to Linus and co. why 90% of the forum is gone.

You all act like Apple tried to bang your mothers or something. 

This man is moving on up in his career, he took an offer from apple to advance his career, he doesn't owe you people anything nor does he have to explain why he wants to move on. 

Why can't this forum talk about Apple and its products? Its LinusTechTips. Not LinusWindowsTips. Not LinusFuckEverythingAppleTips. You children have no shame at all, I'm saddened to think that any of you actually think the way you do. 

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. 

You call yourselves enthusiasts, yet most of you lack the mental capacities to have meaningful conversations and instead resort to "FUCK OFF APPLE FANS YOU DONT BELONG HERE"

Here is a suggestion, why don't all of YOU sod off, and leave the rest of us to have decent conversations? Why bring Apple hate into this thread at all, huh? What was the point? Enlighten me. Did you all need to stroke your egos and make your lives have some meaning from the 15 seconds of fame by crapping on Apple for the hundredth thread in a row? 

Edited by Whiskers
Cleaning thread

This thread is an embarrassment to the real technology enthusiasts (not fanboy enthusiasts) of this forum. @Builder and @Victorious Secret are pretty much the only sensible people in this thread.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

So...he didn't retire then?

I would like to know if he left for Apple, or he retired and Apple was like "You want a job?".

Good for him for moving up, I wouldn't have joined Apple myself though.

If I had my way I'd ban every single child who has no idea what they're talking about, but then I'd have to explain to Linus and co. why 90% of the forum is gone.

You all act like Apple tried to bang your mothers or something. 

This man is moving on up in his career, he took an offer from apple to advance his career, he doesn't owe you people anything nor does he have to explain why he wants to move on. 

Why can't this forum talk about Apple and its products? Its LinusTechTips. Not LinusWindowsTips. Not LinusFuckEverythingAppleTips. You children have no shame at all, I'm saddened to think that any of you actually think the way you do. 

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. 

You call yourselves enthusiasts, yet most of you lack the mental capacities to have meaningful conversations and instead resort to "FUCK OFF APPLE FANS YOU DONT BELONG HERE"

Here is a suggestion, why don't all of YOU sod off, and leave the rest of us to have decent conversations? Why bring Apple hate into this thread at all, huh? What was the point? Enlighten me. Did you all need to stroke your egos and make your lives have some meaning from the 15 seconds of fame by crapping on Apple for the hundredth thread in a row?

Or, you know, just report all of them and then try and incite a conversation that doesn't pertain to Apple hate instead of going off on a rage rant about the forums yourself?

But since you brought this topic up, I'll continue on with this "Apple hate". I don't like Apple, not because of their products, but because of who they are as a company. It's the same reason why I don't like other companies like EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, and Samsung. I don't give a rat's ass about their products, I care about their attitudes and their service towards their consumers.

Or am I in the wrong as well? Am I pathetic for that, or are you just pointing out the people who hate Apple because of their products? Either way, you're not exactly producing a great talk piece either.

Edited by Whiskers
Cleaning thread

So...he didn't retire then?

I would like to know if he left for Apple, or he retired and Apple was like "You want a job?".

Good for him for moving up, I wouldn't have joined Apple myself though.

Or, you know, just report all of them and then try and incite a conversation that doesn't pertain to Apple hate instead of going off on a rage rant about the forums yourself?

But since you brought this topic up, I'll continue on with this "Apple hate". I don't like Apple, not because of their products, but because of who they are as a company. It's the same reason why I don't like other companies like EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, and Samsung. I don't give a rat's ass about their products, I care about their attitudes and their service towards their consumers.

Or am I in the wrong as well? Am I pathetic for that, or are you just pointing out the people who hate Apple because of their products? Either way, you're not exactly producing a great talk piece either.

the thread has already been reported and edited, whats left is just the usual rhetoric on this forum.  I think that is what is wearing thin with many people,  The apple hate is just as annoying (maybe even more so) as the apple fanboys who perpetuate the arguments.  It is as bad as any thread that involve AMD/Nvidia GPU's.  there are a handful of people in each camp that just won't let go and that, I think, is where most of the hate starts.

I said it earlier in this thread already, It would be nice to discuss the merits of the subject rather than debate personal fantasies all the time.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe this could be a good thing if you think about it? Having an expert reviewer working for with a company they might be able to get many details right.

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe this could be a good thing if you think about it? Having an expert reviewer working for with a company they might be able to get many details right.

I am sure many people think it's good.  Some don't really care and some are just saying it's bad because they don't know any better and are sheep.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I am sure many people think it's good.  Some don't really care and some are just saying it's bad because they don't know any better and are sheep.

It's just when you mention anything with Apple good or bad on this forum it is like kicking a hornet's nest.

It's just when you mention anything with Apple good or bad on this forum it is like kicking a hornet's nest.

Then you get pages of non-sensical logic, refusal to accept personal preference, inflexibility and everything else that goes with it. :(

@LinusTech is gonna be pissed off about this...

I don't know Linus does have a lot of faith in the guy maybe he hopes for some change in Apples PR... Yeah right.

Then you get pages of non-sensical logic, refusal to accept personal preference, inflexibility and everything else that goes with it. :(

Just like with this thread. Like there were no mechanical watches that cost five digit numbers. So stupid.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Just like with this thread. Like there were no mechanical watches that cost five digit numbers. So stupid.

yeah kinda,  those who were poo pooing the price simply because it was suggested to be apple were definitely stupid,  but I think some of those guys legitimately wouldn't spend half that on a watch smart or otherwise.

But Linus doesnt really like apple though... :P

That must be the reason why he has/had (several) iPhones, an iPad and often mentioned that he likes Macbooks.

Problem is, that Apple doesn't really give free stuff away to reviewers and that is most likely the reason why he right now is using the Dell notebook he got and previously the Acer ultrabook he so often praised, though never paid a cent for.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

@LinusTech is gonna be pissed off about this...

I don't think so.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

i would think working for intel AMD etc would have been better

but working for apple .... :|

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

yeah kinda,  those who were poo pooing the price simply because it was suggested to be apple were definitely stupid,  but I think some of those guys legitimately wouldn't spend half that on a watch smart or otherwise.

Totally agree, though I would not spend that money either. But why on earth would I crap on them? Just nonsense.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

welp.  Fantastic, I mean.  Sure, its not ideal.  But as long as Anand is doing what he wants to do I think its all good and I don't think this is necessarily bad.  Because whether you like it or not Apple has invented a bunch of stuff and often kicks things off to popularity.  

welp. Fantastic, I mean. Sure, its not ideal. But as long as Anand is doing what he wants to do I think its all good and I don't think this is necessarily bad. Because whether you like it or not Apple has invented a bunch of stuff and often kicks things off to popularity.

Not ideal for who? You? I don't think Anand was thinking of the fanboys who drool over their home built desktops nightly praying to Gaben such as those who unfortunately choose to reside here when he made his discussion to change his career path.

All that matters is that it is ideal for him.

Not ideal for who? You? I don't think Anand was thinking of the fanboys who drool over their home built desktops nightly praying to Gaben when he made his discussion to change his career path.

Exuse me?   :o

Well,  I DON'T pray to Gabe... and I DON'T druel over my home built desktop.   I don't think he was thinking of the fanboys either, I'm not a fanboy.   

I was clearly saying as long as hes doing what he wants to do its not bad.  I, in all honesty never really look an Anandtech.  I like his stuff and I was saying its not ideal for me personally for him to be moving to Apple.

HOW IS THAT YOUR CONCERN?!?? 

All that matters is that it is ideal for him.

*cough*

But as long as Anand is doing what he wants to do I think its all good and I don't think this is necessarily bad.  Because whether you like it or not Apple has invented a bunch of stuff and often kicks things off to popularity.  

I never said whether its ideal for me mattered or not.  I was saying good for him,  Because Apple has invented a bunch of good stuff.  Sorry for my previous reply, I was just offended.  

Yep. ;)

The founder of a PC blog gets hired by Apple. Now I've seen everything.

Macs are PC's

"he did it for the money" well it is a fucking job

Anand is a smart guy, I am sure he knows what is best for his own life.

"he is a traitor", if you think that, you are possibly mental, he does not owe you anything, its his life, his career

If somebody was like "hey come work for our company we do great work and will pay you 4x as much"  I would be there immediately. As long as my job is not murdering babys or launching nuclear missiles, I would have no issue working for another company

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

long as my job is not murdering babys or launching nuclear missiles, I would have no issue working for another company

what if we double the pay?