Show off your latest purchases

The size of phones is getting ridiculous.  Just bought a black S9+ and the box is almost as big as my keyboard.

Box_800.jpg.ffe593c6d5c4900af980eb41d685f510.jpg

The 256GB version apparently only comes in Deluxe Edition here, which includes a wireless convertible fast charger and AKG N60 headphones.   

Box_open.jpg.cfc15b9d47074263bd5adf8d55e138b6.jpg

That's 300+ EUR in accessories, but I have no use for either the headphones or the charger so I'll probably end up selling them. 

Any EU-based takers?  ?

Now I just have to make sure that everything about the phone works just fine (mics, speakers, sensors etc).  By tonight it'll be running Lineage OS.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:31 PM, TVwazhere said:

I bought the thing 

20190411_171938.thumb.jpg.cfe74d1dfc7ce6d4ca3324a1fa28dfe6.jpg

I really like the thing

20190411_174750.thumb.jpg.a39bdb7ff4c5edfb7765cc114bf62d07.jpg

I've always wanted to set up a NAS rig with one of these cases, they just look really cool.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

On 4/11/2019 at 8:34 PM, FmPhenom said:

You got lucky. I bought that same box at Walmart also and had a lot of duds.

Only so far. I expect to get a few.

When's Lunch?

On 4/13/2019 at 12:22 PM, RoseLuck462 said:

I've always wanted to set up a NAS rig with one of these cases, they just look really cool.

Not sure how a NAS would turn out, considering the case only has two hard drive bays for 3.5" and two dedicated 2.5" slots. You definitely have physical room to mount more at the front if you were really determined.

20190411_174403.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Not sure how a NAS would turn out, considering the case only has two hard drive bays for 3.5" and two dedicated 2.5" slots. You definitely have physical room to mount more at the front if you were really determined.

20190411_174403.jpg

Yea, I’d just pack in like 2 10TB HDDs or something 

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

probably a 5 dollar starter pack in fortnite, lol.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

I bought a tape I already own! Well, sorta.

DflD1.png

SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge for Hire, but this is the American Spanish print!

You I can tell because it has an FBI warning on the tape label.

DflFs.png

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

On 4/10/2019 at 10:34 PM, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Just picked these up today. Mozart's Complete Symphonies In an 11 disc box set.

IMG_0077.thumb.JPG.2785b21da6a50dd92c34b2e85132ff9e.JPG

IMG_0079.thumb.JPG.6a8a37054b969ba94656ac0aabf244ed.JPG

Now, the fun begins. I have to cut apart and scan the booklet, scan the backs of the CD sleeves, and the CDs themselves, then put the scans into a PDF (I'll put a copy of the PDF in each album folder). After that, I get to rip all 11 of the disks. After ripping them, I'll also need to put together a playlist that will play the symphonies in numerical order. They jump around on the CDs so fewer discs would be needed to hold them all (mutter, mutter, mumble, mumble). All that is going to be so much fun.

Update: I got the CDs all ripped and the playlist put together. My research for the correct order to put them into the playlist revealed the box set was not quite as complete as claimed (mutter, mutter, mumble, mumble). someday, I'll hunt down the few missinng ones (on CD only, though: downloads aren't as high of quality as most CDs).

In all fairness, though, this set was recorded in 2001 and researchers had discredited a few selections before and after 2001 and other missing symphonies have been found since 2001. The set was probably complete back in 2001.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

9 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Update: I got the CDs all ripped and the playlist put together. My research for the correct order to put them into the playlist revealed the box set was not quite as complete as claimed (mutter, mutter, mumble, mumble). someday, I'll hunt down the few missinng ones (on CD only, though: downloads aren't as high of quality as most CDs).

In all fairness, though, this set was recorded in 2001 and researchers had discredited a few selections before and after 2001 and other missing symphonies have been found since 2001. The set was probably complete back in 2001.

Quick question, when you scan your artwork from CDs, do you do any sort of post-processing to clean 'em up or do you just put them into a PDF or a JPEG or so as-is?

50 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Quick question, when you scan your artwork from CDs, do you do any sort of post-processing to clean 'em up or do you just put them into a PDF or a JPEG or so as-is?

Depends. If picture quality is less than stellar, I will scan all of it to individual JPEGs, then combine them into a PDF. Other wise, if there is a booklet, I will remove the staples, crease and tear the pages at the fold, then feed them through my duplexing ADF scanner directly to PDF. The CD itself I scan to JPEG on my flatbed scanner then, if it needs it, clean it up in the scanner software or, if it really needs more work, in a separate photo editing program. Then I append the JPEG to the PDF.

In this case, it was easier and faster dismatle the booklet to scan the booklet directly to PDF in the ADF scanner (I can also scan to JPEG if I choose). I then used the flat bed scanner to scan the front and back of the box, then inset them into the PDF of the booklet. Then I scanned the front and back of each sleeve with the flatbed scanner (faster and easier than dismantling the sleeves and using using the ADF) and the CD itself (impossible to feed through the ADF), then inserted them into a copy of the PDF. Each CD gets assigned a four digit refernece number (before scanning), then gets filed in a file cabinet that holds up to 300 CDs in hanging sleeves. This batch of scans didn't require any editing of the images and went faster than usual.

When I rip the CD, I rip it to both .wav and .mp3 (320Mbps bit rate). I use Exact Audio Copy (EAC) since it can save to both .wav and .mp3 in one operation and it's easier to name the track files. The files get put into album folders (one for .wav and one for .mp3) and I put a copy of the PDF associated with the album in each album folder. Each PDF for this set was 4.52MB for 26 pages.

I use Qoppa's PDF Studio 12 for editing the PDFs. My ADF scannner is a Fujitsu ix500 (that sucker is lightning fast) and the flatbed scanner is a Canon Canoscan 9000F. I use the ADF most of the time but the flatbed comes in handy for things I can't run into the ADF.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

3 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Depends. If picture quality is less than stellar, I will scan all of it to individual JPEGs, then combine them into a PDF. Other wise, if there is a booklet, I will remove the staples, crease and tear the pages at the fold, then feed them through my duplexing ADF scanner directly to PDF. The CD itself I scan to JPEG on my flatbed scanner then, if it needs it, clean it up in the scanner software or, if it really needs more work, in a separate photo editing program. Then I append the JPEG to the PDF.

In this case, it was easier and faster dismatle the booklet to scan the booklet directly to PDF in the ADF scanner (I can also scan to JPEG if I choose). I then used the flat bed scanner to scan the front and back of the box, then inset them into the PDF of the booklet. Then I scanned the front and back of each sleeve with the flatbed scanner (faster and easier than dismantling the sleeves and using using the ADF) and the CD itself (impossible to feed through the ADF), then inserted them into a copy of the PDF. Each CD gets assigned a four digit refernece number (before scanning), then gets filed in a file cabinet that holds up to 300 CDs in hanging sleeves. This batch of scans didn't require any editing of the images and went faster than usual.

When I rip the CD, I rip it to both .wav and .mp3 (320Mbps bit rate). I use Exact Audio Copy (EAC) since it can save to both .wav and .mp3 in one operation and it's easier to name the track files. The files get put into album folders (one for .wav and one for .mp3) and I put a copy of the PDF associated with the album in each album folder. Each PDF for this set was 4.52MB.

I use Qoppa's PDF Studio 12 for editing the PDFs. My ADF scannner is a Fujitsu ix500 (that sucker is lightning fast) and the flatbed scanner is a Canon Canoscan 9000F. I use the ADF most of the time but the flatbed comes in handy for 

Here is a sample of the PDF: 0588 Liner Notes.pdf

Damn, that's not bad.

When it comes to what I rip, I usually just rip it in iTunes in Apple Lossless (it's an organization thing as I've got an iPod touch I wanna put music on again) and scan it with my mediocre printer/scanner, the HP OfficeJet 4630...

Well, I say mediocre, but honestly, it can do a pretty bang-up job if I take a little bit of time to actually clean the art up a little in GIMP. Example:

Dfo1o.jpg

Downscaled version of a 600dpi scan I did a few months back

2 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Damn, that's not bad.

When it comes to what I rip, I usually just rip it in iTunes in Apple Lossless (it's an organization thing as I've got an iPod touch I wanna put music on again) and scan it with my mediocre printer/scanner, the HP OfficeJet 4630...

Well, I say mediocre, but honestly, it can do a pretty bang-up job if I take a little bit of time to actually clean the art up a little in GIMP. Example:

Dfo1o.jpg

Downscaled version of a 600dpi scan I did a few months back

I've had the flatbed scanner since XP. I later got a ScanSnap S1500 ADF scanner, then later replaced it with the ScanSnap ix500 because I was under the impression they both required an additional PDF program to create PDFs. The S1500 came with Adobe Acrobat Standard 9 but when Acrobat Standard 12 came out, it was cloud and subscription based whcih, for me was unacceptable. The newer ScanSnap ix500 used Nuance Power PDF Standard, which was a crap progam but, at least, it wasn't Adobe. I've since found out (by dumb luck) that the scanner only needs its own drivers to creat PDFs. The ix500 gives much better scans than the s1500 and is faster to boot so I'm not upset that I bought it.

I had bought PDF Studio because I was dependent on a good PDF editing and creation program and PDF studio not only was one, it also had a Linux version (which I'm switching to later this year.early next year) and allowed two installations per license, unlike Nuance which allowed only one.

I rip to .mp3 since, when I started ripping CDs way back at the begining of time (or so it seems), I only had players that could read .mp3s. At 320Mbps bit rate, I can't hear any difference between the .mp3s and .wavs so I just kept using .mp3. I also rip to .wave so I have a "virgin" file I can convert to a lossless compression format someday if I ever need to.

I tried to attach a PDF from the set for an example but forum software didn't let me (mutter, mutter, mumble, mumble).

Jeannie

I got myself the Everlast Rocketbook, the endlessly reusable intelligent notebook.

IMG_20190416_135247.jpg

IMG_20190416_135436.jpg

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

12 hours ago, Pascal... said:

I got myself the Everlast Rocketbook, the endlessly reusable intelligent notebook.

IMG_20190416_135247.jpg

IMG_20190416_135436.jpg

I too, like cookies.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Logitech G840 Mousepad

IMG_20190420_154113.jpg

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

DSC_0079.JPG

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE

3 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Fuuuuuuuuckkkkkk.... I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a $40 CD because there's one specific song I want off of it that I cannot find anywhere else.

do-it.jpg

Seriously, physical audio media is awesome :D

Spoiler

06592d63fc004f253078095d912dfde8.jpeg

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

Not a bad price for £80 ;):D. I can finally replace my own Dell Optiplex which has a horrible Pentium.

EbayPC.PNG

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Picked up a new MX Master S2 as an office driver.

20190424-191040.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

So I have two things I want to do.  Upgrade my iPad, cause for what I use my iPad for, the 1GB of ram on the OG iPad Air just doesn’t cut it anymore, and convert a Ruger 10/22 to look like a Kensa Charger from Splatoon 2.

Right now I need the iPad more than the rifle.  Plus Best Buy and Amazon have the 6th Gen ipads on sale for $279 right now, and 10/22s tend to stay around the same price.  So I got this:

A2756CB3-DC23-4E47-9E9F-9D2674B1200E.thumb.jpeg.d2c875ac952321fdf0aec2d1835bd572.jpeg

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

I just picked this up:

QM1321-economy-true-rms-autorange-multim

Still waiting on this to be delivered:

UNI-T-UT210E-clamp-meter-AC-and-DC-clamp

It was just time to upgrade my aging gear that has been abused for way too long.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.